• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Alucard

Banned
Listening to Brie, Eva Marie, and Cameron on Jericho's podcast. Brie thinks people watch Total Divas because they like seeing "amazing women who are badasses" and because people view the Divas as role models and want to be like them.

Alucard

Banned
Brie says her and Nikki walked away from WWE because they weren't getting enough ring time. Creative said "There are only so many things we can do with twins." LOL Lazy creative is lazy.

JavyOO7

Oof. Brie's new theme ups the cringe factor very quickly when the first thing you hear in the song is "Brie Modeeeeeeeee!" ... its pretty cringe, brother. Though its pretty funny the uploader of the theme decided to have Daniel Bryan wearing a shot saying "Brie Mode" to start up the video. =p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkANjVUQhw

I'm warming up to Bayley's new theme though. I like it. /approving nod

Alucard

Banned
Oof. Brie's new theme ups the cringe factor very quickly when the first thing you hear in the song is "Brie Modeeeeeeeee!" ... its pretty cringe, brother. Though its pretty funny the uploader of the theme decided to have Daniel Bryan wearing a shot saying "Brie Mode" to start up the video. =p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkANjVUQhw

At least she has a hook that you'll remember. Sure, the hook makes me cringe too, but I'll know it's her every time.

I actually like the rest of the tune. @_@

Don't like Bayley's theme at all.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still don't really understand Brie Mode, because anyone who watched TD knows that Brie Mode means "so drunk you can't even walk anymore" and that seems like a terrible state to be in when going into a wrasslin' match.

That said, song doesn't suck really.

Gonzalez

Banned
Brie says her and Nikki walked away from WWE because they weren't getting enough ring time. Creative said "There are only so many things we can do with twins." LOL Lazy creative is lazy.

Damn... So does that mean Daniel Bryan's marriage is a sham just so Brie, and Nikki can further their acting career? Poor, poor Bryan....

*listens to Brie/Bayley's themes*

...I like em.

Also, Brie Mode being a thing clearly means she just gets lit before coming to the ring

Ithil

The "Brie MoooOOOooOOode...." sounds like a joke. But they're serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXhk9SJtDjU

Hideo Itami's theme is pretty good, on the other hand.

The generic electro pop that wouldn't be out of place in a a tampon ad the WWE is currently doing is starting to get old.

Still not as bad as "You are black. Therefore you get rap music as a entrance theme" but its annoying.

Its been a while seen someone got a real stand out theme. I like Stardusts but its basically just a Goldust evil remix

Alucard

Banned
Okay, so now I'm thinking of downloading some of these wrestler tracks and making a mix. I wonder how long I'd be able to stomach that. Hmm.

Alucard

Banned
The generic electro pop that wouldn't be out of place in a a tampon ad the WWE is currently doing is starting to get old.

Still not as bad as "You are black. Therefore you get rap music as a entrance theme" but its annoying.

Its been a while seen someone got a real stand out theme. I like Stardusts but its basically just a Goldust evil remix

Yeah, the black wrestlers need rap thing is pretty stereotypical. Let's get a black wrestler with classical strings, bay-bay.

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit, Rosa Mendes has never won a match in 9 years of wrestling outside of one DQ? @_@ That's what Brie, Eva, and Cameron just said on Jericho's podcast. And Rosa told them that. "I've never used a finisher. Nothing."

Ithil

That's not too bad. Loops too quickly I think, but it's decent. WWE's gotta have those Japanese strings at the start, though. It's like they need to focus on nationality as being the defining characteristic of Asian wrestlers. "He's exotic!"

It's not really any different from Shinsuke Nakamura's use of Japanese instruments at the start of his theme. Or Hirooki Goto's, or Toru Yano's.

Holy shit, Rosa Mendes has never won a match in 9 years of wrestling outside of one DQ? @_@ That's what Brie, Eva, and Cameron just said on Jericho's podcast. And Rosa told them that. "I've never used a finisher. Nothing."

She won matches in FCW, but yeah, the only win she's ever got on the main WWE roster in six years is a DQ win over Layla in 2011.

Aiii

So not worth it
LOL. Not racist. Just stereotypical.

I have a Polish background, but I'd never have an accordion in my wrestling theme. I wouldn't want people to just think of me as "the Polish guy."

I'm sure Itami doesn't just want to be known as "the Japanese guy."

EVERYTHING IS RACIST! This is the internet, we're all a race.

I'd have windmills in my theme. And I'd come out on wooden shoes, holding a tulip and a block of Gouda and I'd have a Frau Antje valet too.

Ithil

LOL. Not racist. Just stereotypical.

I have a Polish background, but I'd never have an accordion in my wrestling theme. I wouldn't want people to just think of me as "the Polish guy."

I'm sure Itami doesn't just want to be known as "the Japanese guy."

That's why he has a hard rock theme. It's ok to reference the fact that he is Japanese, provided you don't make it "about" him being Japanese. Like say, Tensai's theme. Who wasn't actually Japanese.

Ultratech

I still don't really understand Brie Mode, because anyone who watched TD knows that Brie Mode means "so drunk you can't even walk anymore" and that seems like a terrible state to be in when going into a wrasslin' match.

But drinking makes some people stronger!

(Ok yeah, it's just silly.)

Really?

*thinks*

Huh, I figured she'd won at least one match in there somewhere, but damn.

Has Rosa Mendes ever had a feud with someone?

What tag team was she the valet for again? That might be the last time she actually did something that wasnt just stand in the background for this thing or be a random tag partner for someone.

Bayley's new theme is pretty good, doesn't make miss the old one too much. Love Alexa's though, so hauntingly catchy. Sad we will never hear Veronica. Wonder what she is up to now..........

And if The E is so set on working around MNF, why not hey, prop up your uncontested Friday night show that has been pretty much a recap for five years......

strobogo

Banned
That feel when you have great bass/drums tracks, but can't think of a single thing to go over them.

iZD6lh5uHKmP9.gif

jred2k

EVERYTHING IS RACIST! This is the internet, we're all a race.

I'd have windmills in my theme. And I'd come out on wooden shoes, holding a tulip and a block of Gouda and I'd have a Frau Antje valet too.

Would you come out as Zwarte Piet for the Christmas episode of Raw?

Aiii

So not worth it
Would you come out as Zwarte Piet for the Christmas episode of Raw?

Does it include a Rock impression?

Because I would jump at the opportunity to be a segment on every WWE "this was so awesome" video package in the next three decades.

Main wha...?

Live on WWE network for 9.99

I was just looking over the NOC Card, it actually looks pretty decent. Jericho and Orton should be able to work a good match together, considering Jericho has been doing a great job on his current run and Orton has been carrying most of the roster. Not sure how Rollins will be able to carry Reigns, the crowd should be interesting for that one.

Sheamus and Cesaro should be good , the 2 of them should beat the crap out of each other. Miz and Ziggler have had a great feud together the past 2 months.

Brock should go for 17 german suplexes

jred2k

Live on WWE network for 9.99

I was just looking over the NOC Card, it actually looks pretty decent. Jericho and Orton should be able to work a good match together, considering Jericho has been doing a great job on his current run and Orton has been carrying most of the roster. Not sure how Rollins will be able to carry Reigns, the crowd should be interesting for that one.

Sheamus and Cesaro should be good , the 2 of them should beat the crap out of each other. Miz and Ziggler have had a great feud together the past 2 months.

Brock should go for 17 german suplexes

Even if interested in some of the matches, I'm finding it real hard to care for NoC at all. I've already paid for it and I don't know if I'll bother watching it. Anything that happens is just going to be followed with complete mediocrity the following night. Dean being back will be the biggest positive coming out of the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever watched Main Event last night, were the Ascension on?

RP912

Banned
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that rollins lost clean on raw and yet reigns/rollins are suppose to have a match at NOC. It's like putting a scratch on a christmas gift a few weeks into christmas just to see what you are getting...might as well unwrap the fucking thing and get it over with.

Gonzalez

Banned
Buddy Valentino? ... And apparently the match I'm watching right now is the WCW debut of the very awesome, and underrated referee, Mark Curtis.

Top Bottom