• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nc0ikaLMsU1toklxyo1_r1_250.gif

Alucard

Banned
There was rape in Kickboxer I?

Was it Bloodsport or Kickboxer that had the really tall muay thai guy? Whichever one that was...the tall guy raped JCVD's girl and bragged about it before the final fight. Shocked the hell out of me when I rewatched it a few years ago and was old enough to understand.

Gonzalez

Banned
Was it Bloodsport or Kickboxer that had the really tall muay thai guy? Whichever one that was...the tall guy raped JCVD's girl and bragged about it before the final fight. Shocked the hell out of me when I rewatched it a few years ago and was old enough to understand.
Yeah, it's Kickboxer. But for some reason I don't remember that. I do remember they had implied rape in 3, and 4 though.

Alucard

Banned
So, outside of the Jericho and Kane match, should I just watch the Heyman/Cena stuff, and the Reigns/Rollins match? I've already seen the opening segment and the final segment.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C

There was plenty of crap in this Clash, but boy do I appreciate Das Wunderkind and DDP trying to steal the show, Sherri's drug-fueled insanity, and Double A's spinebuster on Vader.

Alucard

Banned
Found some moron on another site talking about how this GAEA doc shows "the true art and beauty of pro wrestling" or something equally stupid in relation to the outright bullying that occurs in this thing.

dont you have to pay for hulu, and more than wwe network?

hulu is shit anyway. i dont care if it was free and was the only way to watch every wrasslin org

i still wouldn't use it

Hulu is free. Hulu Plus is only $7.99 a month, with no commitment.

It is pretty shit but I might sub another month to watch some Criterion stuff

Found some moron on another site talking about how this GAEA doc shows "the true art and beauty of pro wrestling" or something equally stupid in relation to the outright bullying that occurs in this thing.

Now, I am not condoning bullying or disagreeing with your beliefs in any way, but this is how Japan normally does things, not only in wrestling or any other sport, but also in the "salaryman"or company world. You wouldn't believe how many people get legit bullied in the office world.

It's a sad thing. But I don't think it's going to get abolished soon.

Now, I am not condoning bullying or disagreeing with your beliefs in any way, but this is how Japan normally does things, not only in wrestling or any other sport, but also in the "salaryman"or company world. You wouldn't believe how many people get legit bullied in the office world.

it isn't exclusive to japan. Horror stories from American pro wrestling schools have existed for a long time.

Alucard

Banned

I teach Japanese students, and they tell me all the time how stressful they feel their society is. They told me that some subways have "people pushers" who are basically security people who push people to walk faster if they're slowing down pedestrian traffic.

I mean, this kind of "be strong and feel nothing" mentality is all cool when you're an angry teenage male, but once you become an adult, it's just ridiculous.

On this I really do disagree. Having Reigns beat Rollins clean after a couple of weeks when Ambrose struggled with him for so long and then hearing Cole babbling on about Reigns dedicating the win to Ambrose makes Ambrose look seriously weak. Really takes the shine off Ambrose coming back to get Rollins when Reigns has already got the job done in a quick 15.

Ambrose didn't struggle to beat Seth. He didn't have a proper 1 on 1 match without interference like Roman got when Roman won.

Dean had Seth beaten before he was out numbered and put through a bunch of breeze blocks.

If you wanted to get mad about Dean being made weak, the time to do it was when Roman single handedly beat the same people trying to pull the same thing on him the week later, not when he beat the guy Dean was on the way to beat before out side interference.

Sorry for the necro reply.

Hulu is free. Hulu Plus is only $7.99 a month, with no commitment.

It is pretty shit but I might sub another month to watch some Criterion stuff

Fresh Meat, The Wrong Mans, and Misfits. Some great British comedy to make you feel good about being a Hulu Plus subscriber.

I teach Japanese students, and they tell me all the time how stressful they feel their society is. They told me that some subways have "people pushers" who are basically security people who push people to walk faster if they're slowing down pedestrian traffic.

I mean, this kind of "be strong and feel nothing" mentality is all cool when you're an angry teenage male, but once you become an adult, it's just ridiculous.

I wholeheartedly, 100% agree with you. I apologize now, because I did not know you know about Japanese societal culture.

dont you have to pay for hulu, and more than wwe network?

hulu is shit anyway. i dont care if it was free and was the only way to watch every wrasslin org

i still wouldn't use it
NXT is the only WWE program not locked under plus strangely enough, even Main Event and old ass ECWs are locked. The bad thing is the constant ads they make you watch which you still have to slog through even if you subscribe to it.

Raws are also only 90 mins (locked under plus).

NXT is the only WWE program not locked under plus strangely enough, even Main Event and old ass ECWs are locked. The bad thing is the constant ads they make you watch which you still have to slog through even if you subscribe to it.

Raws are also only 90 mins (locked under plus).

they cut most of the good stuff (like Bo and Gold and Stardust).

Alucard

Banned
So, what percentage of joshi matches are just shoot fights? @_@ Or are these girls just really damn good at making it look real?

Hmm...what's your opinion of Lionheart then?

hahaha

(Are you really surprised?)

It's never been a successful tactic for them beyond perhaps Kurt. They have fuck all money and great talent under their roster already, a lot of which could be put to much better use than bringing in DA FUNKASAURUS.

This move is completely stupid and illogical given their current situation.

So, no. I'm not remotely surprised.

Man OT has gotten weird lately. That Hawaiian thread has straight up racism in it and jack is happening. But shit on Marvel, oh no can't have that

That poll is amazing though.

OP must've gotten in an argument with a tourist about it or something, because he went way too hard in the paint with that.

That being said, it's blatantly obvious which posters in that thread have lived in Hawaii and which ones just Googled the laws regarding Native Hawaiians to troll the OP. There's even people claiming Hawaiians aren't even a real ethnicity in there. Those are some 'fuck you, fight me' words

Top Bottom