• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Jamie OD

For people playing Smash demo, who is your favorite character?

#6 Shirt Villager because he looks coked out of his mind.

large.jpg

Was this posted here (or does anyone care), whole bunch of 50's and 60's matches from the Chicago Film Archive

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWXxP_rvXryBPpjIw7Dl9Tg/videos

This is really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCpasvjE4fE

Check the finish of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcP6KizyhXc&list=UUWXxP_rvXryBPpjIw7Dl9Tg

I have a new favourite commentator, his name is... the guy who does these matches.

It was already posted, but got little response, which is a shame as there's a TON of great content on there. Watched the Lou Thesz vs Buddy Rogers match, which I found especially interesting given Lou's comments about Rogers in his book (which I'm reading at present). Because of Roger's two-faced attitude and bad mouthing 'Strangler' Ed Lewis to Thesz, Lou would never agree to give Rogers a pin-fall. They had 60+ matches, according to Lou, and Buddy didn't win one of them. Thesz said that if it was an hour-long draw, it'd be a great match, but if Buddy had to put Lou over he'd be lousy and uncooperative. Suffice to say, the one on the archives is a great match.

Incidentally, the commentator is Russ Davis, who's production company produced the various Chicago wrestling TV shows from the mid-40's to late-60's.

TGMIII

Gold version wasn't as good as them IIRC (but still great), and Colossus is only an assist!

Gold war machine/red venom are as equally as stupid, depending on who you ask either of them are considered the best characters in the game. War machine might as well be the games MvC2 sentinel.

Gold version wasn't as good as them IIRC (but still great), and Colossus is only an assist!

Yeah, I don't recall which was better but I just know lots of people had them both on a team rofl. And Colossus was still the best assist!

Incredible.
tumblr_n31hfhm7641s7n9hno1_500.jpg

Man, he truly is the GOAT. His style is fantastic.

War Machine is an asshole, stole all of Tony's shit, even the PROTEIN CANNON

i thought you stopped all marvel talk in wrestling threads

You're right. It was a funeral for Raven's career. Which one is bigger, the crow or the raven? It was the smaller one. One is dead in my neighbor's driveway. I hear all kinds of calamity. There are 6 or 7 in the tree FREAKING the fuck out. Sounds like screaming, crying, monkeys. Then they flew around the neighborhood, came back to the tree, yelled some more, did one more lap and left.
This post will probably get me through my day. This is some fucking incredible stuff right here.
Are you in California?
Yes :(

This heat for the last few days has been some ridiculous shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is hilariously bad on a few levels.

1) MMX being bad is laughable, most revere it as one of the best 2D platform/action games ever.

2) It implies that the post SNES MMX games are better, which is almost more laughable than the first.

lots of people think Transformers was one of the best movies they've seen as well

People are fucking morons, especially megaman fans

Slizeezyc

There was talk about entrance music a couple pages back...Was there outrage over Breeze's change not so long ago? I feel like his new music is solid, but man, the change still hurts.

There was talk about entrance music a couple pages back...Was there outrage over Breeze's change not so long ago? I feel like his new music is solid, but man, the change still hurts.

I'll say this; I did not walk down the streets of Osaka at night jamming to fucking #MmmGorgeous

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

A little, when it happened. I've warmed to the new one though, like all good themes, it always feels so jarring to go from the old familiar one to something new.

Sephzilla

Changes in theme music don't bother me as much any more simply because nothing compares to how upset i was when i heard Cesaro's new music.

Jack "I got a jobber entrance at WrestleMania" Swagger gets to keep the Real fucking American's theme while Cesaro gets stuck with a theme that sounds worse than the shit you hear in a Yukes video game. So fucking wrong.

Carnby

Guys, I'm getting close to walking into the WrassleGAF arena, shutting the doors, and never coming out to look anywhere else in the forum world. Literally every other forum I frequent today is full of people talking about how all gamers are sexist misogynist assholes and anyone who disagrees is one. Ugh.

If you don't got to gaming side or OT, how will you get your fill of great words such as "alarming", "toxic", and "systematic"?

Slizeezyc

Changes in theme music don't bother me as much any more simply because nothing compares to how upset i was when i heard Cesaro's new music.

Jack "I got a jobber entrance at WrestleMania" Swagger gets to keep the Real fucking American's theme while Cesaro gets stuck with a theme that sounds worse than the shit you hear in a Yukes video game. So fucking wrong.

Is that equivalent to Reigns getting to keep The Shield's theme, or is that below WE THE PEOPLE in the power rankings? (And yes, blaring alarms is below the iffy song Rollins got and the average one Ambrose got.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you don't got to gaming side or OT, how will you get your fill of great words such as "alarming", "toxic", and "systematic"?

You'd get them through media that actually knows how to use them instead of repeating them ad nauseam because some fat kid on a podcast used it and it sounded smart.

Top Bottom