• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Gonzalez

Banned
I was just fucking around earlier, but I'm now convinced after the clean win over Rollins that this is a work, and he's getting Liposuction.

Watched a TON of indie wrestling this past week, some really good shows from the likes of SMASH Wrestling in Canada (check them out, seriously), Beyond Wrestling, AIW & AAW. If you read the 'NXT Five' interview on WWE.com you'll recall Seth's quote about how the indies are constantly renewing themselves - new talent always comes along to fill the gaps, but sometimes it takes a while and you have to seek those talents out. Anywho, it's really refreshing to watch an indie show where you know less than half of the dudes on the roster and come away pleasantly surprised. Also, to find that guys who were only 'promising' a year or two ago are now 'freaking awesome' and tearing it up in a major way. GIFs;

Corvis.gif

Hanson.gif

Julian_Starr.gif

Mason1.gif

Throwbacks.gif

INDIE WRESTLING *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

Gonzalez

Banned
It just seems odd that they gave away a PPV match, with a clean finish 6 days before their PPV match. Now this a day before the PPV.

somedevil

why is the win over Rollins confirmation of liposuction?

Hope your not taking those posts seriously.

Its funny that both Bryan and Reigns got the pushes when WWE knew they had injuries that could cost them time. Then during the push the injuries put them out at the worst moments.

The big thing is Bryan will probably be back before Reigns comes back.

Gonzalez

Banned
-- No update on Roman Reigns past what is on the front page right now. Interestingly enough, there were two scripts for Night of Champions and one of them included Reigns not wrestling. I don't know what was in the script but I did think when they gave away the match for free on Raw Monday that it might have been because they had a booking idea for Sunday that involved the Reigns vs. Rollins match not happening (perhaps Dean Ambrose returned and destroyed Rollins before the match to make you think he was gone, and then later he'd make a surprise return for a briefcase cash-in). The whole writing crew now has to re-do three days worth of television in about the next 24 hours or so. Dave and I have a breaking audio up on the situation for subscribers right now.
Observer

They're a great promotion, lots of talented guys & girls working for them - I'd really, really recommend SMASH, though. I enjoyed the hell out of their past two events, not a bad match on the cards.

Enom meaning to watch some smash

Was goin to check out their Can-USA classic when it was avaible

Lufisto (Canada) vs. Amazing Kong (USA)
Vanessa Kraven (Canada) vs. Allysin Kay (USA)
Courtney Rush (Canada) vs. Cherry Bomb (USA)
Xandra Bale (Canada) vs. Kimber Lee (USA)
Jewells Malone (Canada) vs. Veda Scott (USA)
Leah Von Dutch (Canada) vs. Taeler Hendrix (USA)
Angie Skye (Canada) vs. Heidi Lovelace (USA)

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nightofchampions/2014/roman-reigns-breaking-news-26669136

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — WWE.com has learned Roman Reigns has been rushed to a Nashville, Tenn., hospital to undergo emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. Reigns had been in Nashville to promote tomorrow's Night of Champions event. His recovery time will be evaluated by the local surgeon and WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann following today's operation. Check back with WWE.com for updates on Reigns' condition.

guy is already catching injuries before getting main event spots?

watch him win return and win the rumble or something

Into

Its almost perfect, push Ambrose now and give him the push you wanted to give Reigns. Look back at this moment as a blessing in disguise in 5 years when Ambrose is a icon

Its the Hunter getting in the dog house, Austin winning KOTR of this generation. BOOK IT!

Pavaloo

Hope your not taking those posts seriously.

Its funny that both Bryan and Reigns got the pushes when WWE knew they had injuries that could cost them time. Then during the push the injuries put them out at the worst moments.

The big thing is Bryan will probably be back before Reigns comes back.

eh i'm not as up to date with wrasslegaf as i'd like to be, hard to discern what's a joke versus an actual opinion :p my bad!

It just seems odd that they gave away a PPV match, with a clean finish 6 days before their PPV match. Now this a day before the PPV.

i guess that makes sense

zychi

Banned
For as much shit as Cena gets, dude is consistently there day in and day out. The last couple guys WWE tried to push to the #2 spot have all been injured and out for a few months.

Holy crap, Roman is going to get that titty surgery like the Rock did, and this is their excuse.

LMFAO @ this post I'm literally dying right now.

Sorry yall but their #2 baby face out for the rest of the year is hilarious in some ways.

They really were banking on that bland buffoon being a more serious bad boy cena come WM31.

They need to start pushing ambrose and their healthy guys. ziggler, ambrose, cesaro, jack swagger. seriously. They're far better in the ring and the crowd gives these guys more noise when they're booked properly.

They litterally killed all the momentum for cesaro. Same with Swagger and this dumb feud they now have him in. Ziggler has been reduced to top midcard when the crowd has wanted him the main event for over a year now...

this is hilarious. if only cena was out right now too. I wonder how they would start booking their roster. maybe actually make the product interesting again.

Penguin

For as much shit as Cena gets, dude is consistently there day in and day out. The last couple guys WWE tried to push to the #2 spot have all been injured and out for a few months.

I believe... Cena has had at least 3 major injuries/time off, but he has this freaky recovery time window and is usually back in the nick of time

Its almost perfect, push Ambrose now and give him the push you wanted to give Reigns. Look back at this moment as a blessing in disguise in 5 years when Ambrose is a icon

Its the Hunter getting in the dog house, Austin winning KOTR of this generation. BOOK IT!

They don't really have any heels to book him against to get him over. except lesnar who will probably only work with already famous guys.

zychi

Banned
I believe... Cena has had at least 3 major injuries/time off, but he has this freaky recovery time window and is usually back in the nick of time

Well the one time I remember him being out was before the Royal Rumble return.

The elbow injury, he was back like a week later.

Before he was #1:

The fake injury to film the Marine

after #1:

neck injury

Pec injury- which led to a Royal Rumble return

dude hasn't really missed a long stretch ever. pretty crazy. hgh is a hell of a drug

Well the one time I remember him being out was before the Royal Rumble return.

The elbow injury, he was back like a week later.

Before he was #1:

The fake injury to film the Marine

after #1:

neck injury

Pec injury- which led to a Royal Rumble return

dude hasn't really missed a long stretch ever. pretty crazy. hgh is a hell of a drug

i forgot about that movie. his wrestling gimmick changed so that it seemed like he used to serve in the military.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 4/28/96

• Harlem Heat vs Sting/Lex Luger WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Fire & Ice vs Steiner Brothers
  • Steven Regal vs Belfast Bruiser Parking Lot Brawl
  • Ric Flair vs The Giant WCW Championship

This was a fun ass show, friends. Another week without Hogan. Both tag matches were fun and hot. Regal and Finlay beat each other up in a parking lot. A title change. It was fun, playful, quick, and hot. It's amazing how much better the past 2 weeks have been without any of Hulk's bullshit around. Oh yeah, and the first GLACIER PROMO!

Aiii

So not worth it
Roman didn't get injured or hurt, he had a regular medical condition.

Literally everyone can get these, hell, my mom had this and I am pretty sure she never worked with Randy Orton.

FyreWulff

Cena has to be wrestling with some pretty fucked up injuries. There's really no other way.

Big One

Banned
Holy shit @ Reigns injury. Hope he gets well soon.

WWE is REALLY starving for talent. Some of their top prospects and properties are injured or released. Time to shape up.

Hasney

Yeah, I think the shit Cena gets is for his on-screen character. At least it is from me. Dude can even go with the right opponent, he just does the Hogan thing of only working as hard as he needs to.

somedevil

Roman didn't get injured or hurt, he had a regular medical condition.

Literally everyone can get these, hell, my mom had this and I am pretty sure she never worked with Randy Orton.

Its an injury because it can happen from working out. I've had it twice because the first time I got stiches and that broke. So I have a mesh now.

I feel sorry for him he had the worse kind. My was not that one though I had it for like 3 weeks before it was correctly diagnosed. I had to keep pushing it back in and it basically it caused me to get neck problems from compensating for it when I walked with it.

The pain after the surgery sucked too.

Sounds like fate has decided to push Dean Ambrose. What a perfect opportunity to have him come back as a surprise for Rollins tomorrow.

I can see it now..

Seth cutting that heel promo about how Reigns is too scared when suddenly.

The pop will be glorious.

WWE Needs to make Dean the guy. Too bad Reigns will still most likely when The RR. I feel bad for Bryan, he had his moment but I don't see him coming back into the main event apon return.

Big One

Banned
I can see it now..

Seth cutting that heel promo about how Reigns is too scared when suddenly.

The pop will be glorious.

WWE Needs to make Dean the guy. Too bad Reigns will still most likely when The RR. I feel bad for Bryan, he had his moment but I don't see him coming back into the main event apon return.
I do. Did you see that pop he had at Money in the Bank? Dude is still mega over and is still getting mainstream media coverage.

Alucard

Banned
Bootaaay, nice gifs. Are those from Smash, AIW, or somewhere else? I see Hanson in the second gif. I've become a fan since being lukewarm on the guy back in February when he was booked to win the ROH Top Prospect Tournament.

Indy (or indie?...seriously, which one? Both?) wrestling is great right now. Tons of alternatives are out there if you're not feeling the WWE.

Pavaloo

i just don't see dean becoming "the guy"

i think he'll be fan favourite persona with backstage and promo segments, but i just find him so boring to watch actually wrestling in a match

Gonzalez

Banned
You people are marks. Everyone knew as soon as Reigns got his big push that the head honchos wanted him to lose the baby fat. You think Vince wants the fans to know that Roman got cosmetic surgery? Hell no, he doesnt want that. To him the only men that get cosmetic surgery, are "pussies, and Canadians". Only good cosmo surgery to him are the kind that he feels is necessary(this to him is necessary).

Good time to do this, too. They want to keep the title on Brock till Wrestlemania, and Roman's recent feuds leading up to Mania haven't exactly set the world on fire. So why not give him a break, and get him that surgery he's needed for awhile now. Just come up with an "Injury" that doesn't have to happen in the ring that covers up his visit to the hospital, and *bam* Roman doesn't have to wear the SWAT gear anymore.

It's a conspiracy you guys, and you all have puppet strings attached to you.

Big One

Banned
i just don't see dean becoming "the guy"

i think he'll be fan favourite persona with backstage and promo segments, but i just find him so boring to watch actually wrestling in a match
Really? I find it to be the complete opposite. His storytelling is incredible and he does things that normal viewers don't notice but make sense in the match. He's also really good at selling everything in the match as well. I think he's awesome. He isn't a technician by any means but has a varied moveset and utilizes it pretty well in the reigns of the match. Plus he's willing to do some crazy bumps (then again so is Rollins).

Alucard

Banned
Austin's offense consisted of punches, kicks, corner stops, and an occasional neck breaker or suplex, and then a stunner...

You don't need a million moves to be "the guy."

See:

-Hogan
-Cena
-Austin

Even Bret, who had more in his toolkit than these guys, wasn't immune to the five moves of doom.

The only guys who had an interesting and more varied moveset were probably The Rock and Edge. He'll, even H.

Bootaaay, nice gifs. Are those from Smash, AIW, or somewhere else? I see Hanson in the second gif. I've become a fan since being lukewarm on the guy back in February when he was booked to win the ROH Top Prospect Tournament.

Indy (or indie?...seriously, which one? Both?) wrestling is great right now. Tons of alternatives are out there if you're not feeling the WWE.

Those were from Beyond Wrestling's Battle of New England show, which I'd definitely recommend;

http://lookmanofans.com/store/raw-footage/battle-of-new-england/

I was the same way with Hanson, thought his gear looked stupid and he wasn't all there yet at first, but in the past few months he's been really impressing me. Also, I generally prefer indie, probably because it's that way in music.

Hope Reigns recovers quickly. This screams Ambrose showing up.

If it's true about the production crew getting laid off, good luck to them and I hope they find work very quickly.
Thank god I didn't work for them

Also, KING OF TRIOS GUYS WHEE

...guys

strobogo

Banned
Hope Reigns recovers quickly. This screams Ambrose showing up.

If it's true about the production crew getting laid off, good luck to them and I hope they find work very quickly.
Thank god I didn't work for them

Also, KING OF TRIOS GUYS WHEE

...guys

Do you think TNA would last longer if you were in charge of their production?

Top Bottom