• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Also, KING OF TRIOS GUYS WHEE

...guys

This is an accurate representation of the one guy talking about KoT on my timeline.

I get that Quack wants to create a CHIKARA 'brand', but one of the biggest attractions of the tournament was seeing how outside teams interacted with the wacky CHIKARA gimmicks and that's something I feel is severely lacking this year.

KhUupYe.gif

I can't get into AIW. Seems too bush league for me. However, I love AAW. So much fun to watch. And yeah, slowly getting into Smash. And PROGRESS as well. And NJPW tonight!

What a fantastic time to be a wrestling fan.

I suppose you could say this was the "fall" of the Roman empire?

It's strange but this injury couldn't have come at a better time for him. He gets to go away for awhile and come back to a huge pop that will justify Vince's reasons for giving him the mega push. He was getting stale with the crowd. Hell while he is gone maybe he can watch some indy wrestling and pick up a new move or 2 to add to the 3 moves he already uses that aren't punches and kicks.

Some guys can get away with punches and kicks and still tell a great story in the ring. Austin made a career out of it and he was a damn good technical wrestler in his WCW days but injuries forced him to move away from that style. It can be done but with Roman I think he's more athletic and with work could actually have a decent warchest of moves that he could rotate in and out to stay fresh. Maybe that will come with time but I doubt it because that isn't the WWE formula.

I do hope he has a quick recovery because the type of injury he has sucks. For him not being able to work out is probably going to be torture.

This is an accurate representation of the one guy talking about KoT on my timeline.

I get that Quack wants to create a CHIKARA 'brand', but one of the biggest attractions of the tournament was seeing how outside teams interacted with the wacky CHIKARA gimmicks and that's something I feel is severely lacking this year.

That's because it is. It's a brand now, and brands need to make money. That comes with sacrifices.

Apparently that edit is gawdawful

I can't get into AIW. Seems too bush league for me. However, I love AAW. So much fun to watch. And yeah, slowly getting into Smash. And PROGRESS as well. And NJPW tonight!

What a fantastic time to be a wrestling fan.

That's because AIW is bushleague as all hell. Their belts look like shit (even with them getting new ones), and their big thing for 2014 was getting a new ring canvas, which also looks like barf. Their owner is a colossal dumbass, for reasons which would take a bit to explain

That's because it is. It's a brand now, and brands need to make money. That comes with sacrifices.

They might make more money running the shows, but I know I likely won't be buying any damn DVDs this year.

BronsonLee said:
That's because AIW is bushleague as all hell. Their belts look like shit (even with them getting new ones), and their big thing for 2014 was getting a new ring canvas, which also looks like barf. Their owner is a colossal dumbass, for reasons which would take a bit to explain

I remember him getting thrown out of TNA for being a drunk idiot and various public arguments he's had with wrestlers on twitter. Also, I think he's going to run the intergender thing into the ground. I like AIW though, even if the belts are fucking horrific.

strobogo

Banned

Apparently that edit is gawdawful

Go ahead. SHOOT, homie.

They might make more money running the shows, but I know I likely won't be buying any damn DVDs this year.

I remember him getting thrown out of TNA for being a drunk idiot and various public arguments he's had with wrestlers on twitter. Also, I think he's going to run the intergender thing into the ground. I like AIW though, even if the belts are fucking horrific.

Go ahead. SHOOT, homie.

Yeah, they seem more concerned with live event attendance/keeping the fanbase in Easton and such happy anyway. The traveling shows don't do that well.

...Fine, shoot time. Quote for thoughts.

Striker

Austin's offense consisted of punches, kicks, corner stops, and an occasional neck breaker or suplex, and then a stunner...

You don't need a million moves to be "the guy."

See:

-Hogan
-Cena
-Austin

Even Bret, who had more in his toolkit than these guys, wasn't immune to the five moves of doom.

The only guys who had an interesting and more varied moveset were probably The Rock and Edge. He'll, even H.
Cena was doing a running crossbody, DDT, and snap suplex in 2003 (or 2004). His moveset started to get much safer and limited once he became the top guy. Safer in a sense he isn't very good at doing moves he's not accustomed to, like say Bret or Austin would be. Actually, the problem with him became his matches and moves had such a formulaic feel to them, it got extremely predictable and later boring. That's Reign's problem right now. Watch Orton and Reigns' match from the other week, a thrust to Orton when both guys are standing on the ring apron, and he suddenly falls onto the bottom rope where he is in perfect position for that apron dropkick.

Cena probably has the most unsafe moveset of a main eventer in history

That flip neckbreaker thing
The top rope legdrop on the hunched over opponent

Alright so I'm all caught up on NXT. Missed breeze on the last episode but man. The product is normally great in my opinion.

Sucks to hear about Reigns being injured. So what's going on in the wrestling world guys.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 5/5/96

• Hugh Morrus vs Randy Savage
  • That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Jushin Liger
  • Steven Regal vs Sting
  • Jim DOOGUN vs The Giant WCW Championship

Again, no Hogan = fun show. I don't know why he was taking time off, but it was a good thing for everyone. Fans were sick of him and he had crushed every heel who was even close to the main event. There was absolutely nothing for him to do at that point. TMF is back and got the gut buster in. Giant got to look like a monster again after getting repeatedly embarrassed by Hogan.

krae_man

Cena has to be wrestling with some pretty fucked up injuries. There's really no other way.

That and he wrestles a easy on the body style. Nothing but shoulder tackles and lying on the ground while getting punched isn't hard on the body. Well minus the legdrop he's just a total dumbass for doing that. It looks like shit and is ruining his spine.

strobogo

Banned
Cena's body is most definitely fucked up. Look how his bumping style has changed since 2008. He's taken probably 4 flat back bumps since then, and started taking everything on his hip/elbows, which I'm sure has fucked up those parts as well.

How much longer can Cena keep going? At 37 his bump card has to be getting full. All the hgh in the world isn't going to stop father time. Realistically he has maybe 5 good years left. A body can only take a beating for so long before it breaks down. But who am I kidding, Cena is going to be just like Hogan ane never go away even when he can barely work a match or take a bump.

How much longer can Cena keep going? At 37 his bump card has to be getting full. All the hgh in the world isn't going to stop father time. Realistically he has maybe 5 good years left. A body can only take a beating for so long before it breaks down. But who am I kidding, Cena is going to be just like Hogan ane never go away even when he can barely work a match or take a bump.

I won't accept Lord Sina retiring until he has at least 20 championships under his name. Gotta lock that shit down, friend.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who else is excited about TNA iMPACT this Wednesday night commentated by That Motherfucker Iron Mike Tenay and That Other Motherfucker Tazzz?

#FEELTHEIMPACT

Pavaloo

Really? I find it to be the complete opposite. His storytelling is incredible and he does things that normal viewers don't notice but make sense in the match. He's also really good at selling everything in the match as well. I think he's awesome. He isn't a technician by any means but has a varied moveset and utilizes it pretty well in the reigns of the match. Plus he's willing to do some crazy bumps (then again so is Rollins).

he's got fine ring psychology and he is a good in ring story teller (i.e. selling the proper arm when hurt, targeting a specific limb throughout the match, etc.), but what parts of his match do I look forward to? I like his spring back from the middle rope clothesline and his finisher, but his other spots include pummelling the guy on the ground and running across two tables into the time keeper's area and pummelling the guy there.

I think he's fun when he's running in ruining shit or part of a tag, but him 1 on 1 with someone will just leave me bored when Ambrose is on offence.

KhUupYe.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I was reading the stories about Andre taking people out drinking with him, and how that was always his thing. And if he wanted to test guys, he'd really stiff them in the ring the first time to see how they'd react. Needless to say, I realized HBK would never have made it in his druggie phases if Andre were still around. I thought about Punk as well, but I think he would have liked Punk standing up for himself on stuff like that and getting stiffed. Because someone talked about how Andre didn't like Jake and kept fucking up his fingers during the match and Jake confronted him about it, which is what Andre wanted. And he said 'Ok boss, no problem' and stopped doing it.

Mother fucking Earthquake offering fans Snakeburgers after he murdered Damien. What an asshole! and Vince's attire is other worldly
"I know what you did with the skin, but what did you do with the insides, the guts?"
Audience: "You're eating it"

Its almost perfect, push Ambrose now and give him the push you wanted to give Reigns. Look back at this moment as a blessing in disguise in 5 years when Ambrose is a icon

Its the Hunter getting in the dog house, Austin winning KOTR of this generation. BOOK IT!

Stop that. You're giving me false hope for the future of the WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's too bad we had to put Roman over on Raw on free tv for no reason so they could put him over Rollins at NoC as well

If Rollins had gone over, he could have acted like he beat Roman so bad that Roman can't compete at NoC

Top Bottom