• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

"One of the keys to WWE's success is we always listen to our audience."

-Stephanie McMahon, Monday Night War Episode 6

Hey they still listen, it's just that they now respond to criticism by doubling down on their current plans and flipping the bird, saying "what are you going to do about it? Stop watching? If you motherfuckers kept watching through the InVasion, Katie Vick and nearly 10 years of Super Cena, then you'll never stop"

Hey they still listen, it's just that they now respond to criticism by doubling down on their current plans and flipping the bird, saying "what are you going to do about it? Stop watching? If you motherfuckers kept watching through the InVasion, Katie Vick and nearly 10 years of Cena, then you'll never stop"

They're right though. Anyone that made it through the awful WWF vs. WCW stuff and HHH's reign of terror from 2002-2004 will never be broken. 2003 is when I finally gave up and stopped watching obsessively.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what I like? 1996 Stone Cold stunners. When people like Savio sold them like neckbreakers instead of the cartoony sell they turned into.

Same thing that ruined DDTs.

Omega

Banned
Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Misterio Jr from Halloween Havoc 1997 is a personal favorite.
thanks, will watch in a bit
Not to make light of anyone's legit injury/surgery, but gotdamn if this isn't the wrestling gods attempting to right the WWE ship, I don't know what it is.

Ambrose bout to lead this New New Generation into a glorious future.

come on man, don't set yourself up for disappointment.

In the New New Generation, who's going to be the one who gets Bret Hart's role of apparently being the only guy in the company who can actually make a living wrestling and doesn't have to work a second job?

strobogo

Banned
In the New New Generation, who's going to be the one who gets Bret Hart's role of apparently being the only guy in the company who can actually make a living wrestling and doesn't have to work a second job?

Brock Lesnar. Because he has sponsors. The New New New Generation is going to be helmed by Kenta and Sami Zayn, though.

The New New New Generation is going to be helmed by Kenta and Sami Zayn, though.

Nah, Kenta/Zayn are New Attitude Era. Then, after that, is New Brand Extension followed by New New Rock 'n' Wrestling. The stars of the New New New Generation are currently in the Raw crowds with their parents, covered head-to-toe in Cena merch.

Too late, breh. Both with vidyagames and The 'E, it's a perpetual cycle of hype--> letdown--> hype.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Ambrose came into the ring like Raiden and tried to attack Rollins and was like "DEAD ON" but then Senator HHH was like "lolnope"

Also Roman Reigns is Wolf.

HYPEHYPEHYPE

I'm tired from work. But you can't say that wouldn't be awesome.

I mean, yeah, sure, that would be amazing. I wish everything was MGR. That kind of incredible nonsense could make anything fun.

I just...don't understand how you arrived there without mind altering substances. Just say no, Beef. Only you can prevent forest fires. Friends don't let friends watch WCW.

This is the last USTREAM show too, isn't it?

Any word on what NJPW will be using going forward?

Yeah, last one on Ustream, thankfully - their streams are usually fine, but the customer service is freaking non-existent. And no word about what New Japan's gonna do after this show, unfortunately.

Hasney

Big Show seems like a guy who should have been let go years ago and gone on to have a mediocre run in TNA before retiring.

Nah, he's 7'4". Job for life in Vinnies world.

And to be fair, he is alright ont he mic when they don't give him a shit script or make him the angry giant.

Vylash

ihasWQwrRrnO5.gif

i0vLL21vwQoHv.gif

iT9wSg3h2nJe.gif

ibjXreueII2DYa.gif

Showaddy

Big Shoe was okay in his role with Jericho. Hasn't been shit since, but that's not all his fault. No direction.

Bit worried about them teasing Shoe vs Wyatt the other week, knowing Vince he'll want to get Angry Shoe going for a possible Lesnar feud by squashing someone. Hopefully that match on RAW was a one off.

Recall

So wait Roman Reigns is bad but the Big Show is ok?

Ok Internet.

The best thing the Big Show ever did was his match against Sheamus at Hell in a Cell (2011? Maybe??) Punch vs Kick

Hasney

So wait Roman Reigns is bad but the Big Show is ok?

Ok Internet.

The best thing the Big Show ever did was his match against Sheamus at Hell in a Cell (2011? Maybe??) Punch vs Kick

He's not good, I'll still skip his matches because lol who wants that.

Unless he's against a high flyer trying to overcome the odds. Those matches are always fun.

bjork

I read a thing about Haas coming out of retirement. Brock v. Haas Lesnar, let's do it!

Random thought: Why doesn't WWE do the logo on the ring canvas thing?

They used to have the rotating lights with the logo in the mid-90s, but I think that's the closest they ever got to it. They should bring that back. The wrestlers having their own designs in the light was cool and more subdued than that monstrosity of an entrance they have now.

If he can beat the briefcase holder then surely he deserves a shot at the champ.

Weeeeeeeell...

Has Show ever been compelling in a feud?

Yeah. When Boss Man was dragging his dad's casket and shit. But that was a long time ago.

There is only one leader of the New New Generation: Jimmy Uso

If I was going off the lower tiers of that Supercard game, I'd be inclined to agree. Every time I lose, it's to some asshole with an Uso card.

Suggestion/request for legitshook: a list of links in chronologic order?

Top Bottom