• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Ithil

For now, I got my revenge for the G1. That’s all there is to it.

People have only been focusing on MY 10 years in the NJPW (while Shibata was gone), but I’m sure a lot has happened to him in the same 10 years. I couldn’t come to grip with his 10 years, but I’m sure I was able to take it in.

I wasn’t expecting at all what he said to me after the match though…

We talked about a lot of things and he told me ‘Thanks for protecting New Japan Pro-wrestling.’

I didn’t want to hear that from him, but man…

I’ve been commenting on him a lot, and sure, my rivalry with him will go on. But if my existence, comment, or verbal attack will hinder his future, that’s against my will. If he’s having fun or getting fulfillment out of pro-wrestling, I want him to act and do as his like. And by no means, I’m thanking him for coming back. Pro-wrestling is about understanding each other through matches. Don’t get me wrong; he’s still my rival.

But if I were to say one thing to him ‘Welcome back.’ Well, that’s my state of mind for today and today only.

I’m going into Okayama and Ryogoku (Sumo Hall) in full-throttle. Yep!
Tanahashi's post match interview after the Shibata match translated.

You mean HHH? Because it's totally the pedigree just without the under hook.
If we're talking about the same person he's got a submission manuever where he's lifting the legs up while the opponent is slouched forward for lack of breath.

Posting from phone so I can't link a video of it

Vylash

Night Of Champions Match Card

20140825_LARGE_NOC_Match_JerichoOrton_Sponsor_R.jpg

Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton

20140825_LARGE_NOC_Match_DolphMiz_sponsor%20b.jpg

Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz

20140825_LARGE_NOC_Match_TagMatch_R_Sponsor.jpg

WWE Tag Team Championships: The Usos vs Gold and Stardust

20140825_LARGE_NOC_Match_HenryRusev.jpg

Mark Henry vs Rusev

20140825_LARGE_NOC_Match_sheamus-cesaro_logo%20b.jpg

United States Championship: Sheamus vs Cesaro

20140825_LARGE_NOC_Match_Divas_R_Sponser.jpg

WWE DIvas Championship: Paige vs Nikki Bella vs AJ Lee

20140825_LARGE_NOC_Match_CenaBrock.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar vs John Cena

imBask

Banned
my predictions

Orton wins
Ramenhead wins
Usos zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Rusev makes henry humble
Cesaro might just win
Paige retains
Vince will panic because Reigns is out and give the belt to Cena somehow

Yeah, the "build" for Sheamus vs. Cesaro has been non-existent. Barely knew they were wrestling tonight.

no time for a build up, they needed to fit those Bella segment

Alucard

Banned
Also, this isn't a good PPV to bet on. Only two sure things in my eyes.

Sure things:
-Rusev over Henry
-Orton over Jericho

Up in the air:
-Tag titles (might give it to Dust Bros)
-Ziggler vs. Miz (Probably Ziggler, but he just beat Ziggler on TV)
-Cesaro vs. Sheamus (uhh...no clue. Probably Sheamus and some kind of turn?)
-Divas (no one knows how they book this shit...but prob will be Nikki...or AJ?)

Don't want to think about it:
-Cena vs. Lesnar (might give Cena a DQ or countout win to set up HiaC?...Or does Brock retain cleanly?)

strobogo

Banned
I'd be interested in Cesaro/Sheamus if they didn't have 15 matches earlier in the year. Interested in Rusev/Henry and Cena/Bork, mostly to see how ridiculous Cena gets booked in it. I'm expecting Hogan 1995/1996 levels of bullshit, no selling stuff, making Brock look like an idiot, beating up Paul, no selling the finish. I think he'll lose, but I think it's going to be in a way that harms Brock.

Jamie OD

Forgot there was a ppv tonight lol

I knew it's tonight but I completely forgot Orton Vs Jericho is going to happen. Heck, I completely forget Orton is there half the time. I think the only reason he's still over is because of the RKO. They can probably heat him up again to fight Lesnar at the Rumble if they're looking for challengers other than Cena.

darkbanjo

A double turn in Cesaro/Sheamus would do a bunch for both of them, and alleviate the fact it's a matchup everyone's seen. I think it'll be a good one regardless, but something big for them to do plot wise would help give it a new wrinkle.

Aiii

So not worth it
Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton - Prediction: Don't care. Skip this match.
Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz - Prediction: The Miz. If you've seen the last 100 matches they had, skip this match.
WWE Tag Team Championships: The Usos vs Gold and Stardust - Prediction: Don't care. Skip this match unless you like dual suicide dive to the outside for the 10.000th time.
Mark Henry vs Rusev - Prediction: Rusev, but you can skip this match.
United States Championship: Sheamus vs Cesaro - Prediction: Who are these jobbers? Skip this match, fella.
WWE DIvas Championship: Paige vs Nikki Bella vs AJ Lee - Prediction: Paige, because why not? Skip skip skip this match unless you like Brie vs. Nikki shenanigans and way too old guys at commentary questioning young women's mental state and/or sexuality.
WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar vs John Cena - Prediction: Cena wins lol, for all that is holy skip this match and only go back and watch it later if Rollins cashes in.

Final verdict: Fuck this company.

Omega

Banned
that card is awful

if i don't hear this at some point during the Rusev match im gonna be disappointed.

i mean where else are they gonna go with this stupid ass russian storyline. a random "i gotta defend murca!" match every month?

will watch for AJ and Paige

somedevil

that card is awful

if i don't hear this at some point during the Rusev match im gonna be disappointed.

i mean where else are they gonna go with this stupid ass russian storyline. a random "i gotta defend murca!" match every month?

will watch for AJ and Paige

The card is not awful at all. Its full of matches that can be pretty good. It was just the build that was not good.

Hasney

Going to watch the PPV as I'm the only person in my team at the office and I need to kill time, otherwise I wouldn't even bother with that.

imBask

Banned
I was pissed about the Network in Canada and not being able to buy the actual full version

but for the past month, i'm really glad I got to keep my money

Top Bottom