• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Slizeezyc

It could have been more interesting I think if Cena had started doing some dirty tactics along the way to maybe-sorta having the match won, but maybe you only go down that road if he were actually to win so as to make it worth it?

Again, I don't think the booking made Lesnar look weak, I think people just can't stand Sina near the title and thus it's hard to book him in anything where he wins and have people accept it.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, I officially made my weight goal and dropped below 200lbs this week. Just in time for my birthday next week too.

I dedicate this successful lifestyle change to Juan Sina.

joelseph

NoC was like an episode of Raw. My worst fears about he Network are coming true.

Good thing for the Otterbox on the iPad to stop the Diet Mountain Dew from spilling on it and rendering it unable to play the network for 9.99 isn't that right country music legends Georgia Flats?

strobogo

Banned
There was a women's match recently who did this exact spot. I want to say it was a TNA triple threat with Gail, Taryn, and another girl, but I forget.

I'm not sure if there has been a triple threat or more multi person match in the last 6 years that didn't have a tower of doom spot. I hate it.

aNAAa8a.png

It could have been more interesting I think if Cena had started doing some dirty tactics along the way to maybe-sorta having the match won, but maybe you only go down that road if he were actually to win so as to make it worth it?

Again, I don't think the booking made Lesnar look weak, I think people just can't stand Sina near the title and thus it's hard to book him in anything where he wins and have people accept it.

I think it's more interesting that Brock hasn't been pulling dirty tactics at all recently. We knew they were going to book Cena to look stronger this time. My main concerns were that Brock wasn't made to look weak at the same time (and he wasn't) and that Brock keeps the belt (which he has).

Obviously Brock wasn't about to tap, because he wasn't even in a submission hold. Breaking up a pinfall at 2... yeah. I don't think taking any kind of 2 count makes you look weak, whatever Lawler wants to claim. Lawler loves Cena and puts him over at every opportunity. That's nothing new.

They put Brock over hard for still being able to keep going after everything.

Miracle Violence Connection (Terry Gordy & Steve Williams) © vs Holy Demon Army (Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada) - (AJPW 1992/03/04)

Kawada.gif
Williams.gif

This is the Holy Demon Army's 3rd shot at Gordy & Doc's AJPW World Tag Titles, the first saw Kawada & Taue defeated, the second was a 30 minute draw, so for the third match-up there's a 60 minute time limit in place. Things start off fairly quickly, but the MVC soon settle in and take complete control of proceedings, working over Taue who proves somewhat resilient. He makes the hot tag and the Army get the crowd roaring as they trap Gordy & Doc in a abdominal stretch and stretch plum, respectively. MVC take things to the floor and switch their focus to Kawada, who gets worked over a ton for the final third of the match. He gets some good sympathy, but nothing compared to Kobashi a year later. Place comes unglued for the finish, not the best match from either team and a bit slow going in the outset, but an enjoyable watch nonetheless. Doc was freakishly powerful, but Kawada's no slouch either, throwing the far bigger gaijins around like it was nothing. It's interesting to see the different dynamic of early Holy Demon Army matches, with Kawada working as the face in peril. As his popularity grew, that role switched more to Taue. He does his job well here, but it's mostly about Kawada and this isn't the match to change anyone's mind about Taue.

I liked the PPV last night, was enjoyable to watch but I started with the 7 pm pre-show and I was definitely feeling ready to check out during Cena/lesnar.

All of the mid-card title matches were fun, Cesaro/Sheamus might actually be my favorite match of the show. Sheamus needs an update big time, there's a pretty perfect shot during his entrance where he is walking toward the ring and you can see his titantron behind him is just a smug ass looking video of him raising his eyebrows, you can see why its tough to buy him as very legit. The scrappy ass beard is a night step in that direction.

Might have felt like an episode of raw but it was an episode where pretty much every match was enjoyable. A solid B-/B show from me.

Also shit that taxi was booking it through the backstage.

darkbanjo

I get that the main event was a bit of a flat ending, but saying Night of Champions was just an episode of Monday Night Raw seems kind of off. Sheamus/Cesaro was leagues ahead their (already good) TV matches, Orton/Jericho was great aside from the standard RKO finish and there were three title changes.

I get that the main event was a bit of a flat ending, but saying Night of Champions was just an episode of Monday Night Raw seems kind of off

I don't really mean it as a negative thing but more like none of the plots really went anywhere all that interesting outside of the main event.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, tonights Raw should open with Dean Ambrose still tight up and being brought into an Insane Asylum and then the entire night should have segments of Dean Ambrose and this guy:
02_DoctorsSD_09112012jg_0321.jpg

I have been awaiting the glorious return of Doctor Shelby for far too long.

Nameless

He took 4 AA's, was in the STF for ages, and got a Curbstomp.

He got up like a minute later. It's...going to take a lot to beat him, I think.

That's sorta my point. He was taking such a beating that The Authority/Rollins felt it was a prime opportunity to cash in. Cena looked like he might actually beat Lesnar so send Seth out there to beat him instead.

And It woulda worked too, if not for John Cena and those meddling kids (cheering for him).

Hasney

I don't know about you guys, but one of the conversations on every first date I've been on has been about how big of a bump the girl has taken. It's just one of the key things you need to know.

I'm actually going to try watch KOT this year, I want to see how Team UK got on, and I haven't given Chikara a chance since the shutdown, be interested to check in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
KoT used to be a lot of fun, but the magic is gone. I have no desire to watch this year, and that's sad.

Raw64life

Something about AJ willing to take this bump makes her more attractive to me

tumblr_nca9q4ZQne1r8nadzo1_400.gif

I've grown to hate this spot from every time I see the person on the bottom doing the powerbomb acting like they're just as dead as everyone else when they barely did anything.

Also, the spot when Nikki got flipped off the apron to the outside at the end looked and sounded a lot more painful than this.

rugioh

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but one of the conversations on every first date I've been on has been about how big of a bump the girl has taken. It's just one of the key things you need to know.

Every time I give my gf the RKO on the couch she always no sells and starts giggling. Whats up with dat

Aiii

So not worth it
I swear he must have been off running an errand when the match got signed off.

They rewired his monitor to just show 2009 Cena vs. Orton matches on a loop and have been pretending it's still 2009 in production meetings for half a year now as Trips secretly took over booking.

That's sorta my point. He was taking such a beating that The Authority/Rollins felt it was a prime opportunity to cash in. Cena looked like he might actually beat Lesnar so send Seth out there to beat him instead.

And It woulda worked too, if not for John Cena and those meddling kids (cheering for him).

Nah bruh. The only reason Seth went out there is because that's been the first time this year that Brock has looked like a normal human. It wasn't so much as taking such a beating as 'oh christ, this is the only time I've seen this year where it looks like he's in trouble, better go now!'

And ya, that bump from Nikki from the apron to the floor was nasty. I liked that match quite a bit. People like to shit on the Bellas, but they've clearly been putting the work in.

I enjoyed the PPV more than I would expected. Way too much mentioning about the network and especially Diet Dew. When I saw Ziggler and R-Truth walk out with Diet Dew, I facepalmed. That was ridiculous.

RP912

Banned
I enjoyed the PPV more than I would expected. Way too much mentioning about the network and especially Diet Dew. When I saw Ziggler and R-Truth walk out with Diet Dew, I facepalmed. That was ridiculous.

That whole match/segment was forgettable. I agree with the ppv being more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Its a shame that some people thought it sucked which is puzzling to me.

DMczaf

I really want to see a Brock entrance/match in person before he's gone again. I'll be that little boy clapping for Cena, except I'm 29 and Brock will probably be flipping me off while I'm crying and clapping #godkingfeel #deathawaits #loveyoubrock

Loads of the cuts were bad last night. I really dislike the continued cutting exactly as a move hits, a split-second before hand is fine, but doing it at the point of impact only disguises the impact. I guess that's beneficial in some cases, but it's still irritating.

DMczaf

Loads of the cuts were bad last night. I really dislike the continued cutting exactly as a move hits, a split-second before hand is fine, but doing it at the point of impact only disguises the impact. I guess that's beneficial in some cases, but it's still irritating.

Alvarez says its to hide how slow some of the wrestlers really are.

i.e. the cuts are to hide Cena's shitty offense.

zychi

Banned

Just shows how terrible most of the roster is at actual wrestling that they're hiding their actions more than usual.

DM, Bork live is a great experience. I've seen him in UFC pre-champ, and when he fought Cena in 2012 at ER. I left half way through to get food because I only cared about the ending, which was BS

And all the zooming in and such, too. It covers stuff, but when someone gets totally SHREDDED (I.E Cesaro boots to Sheamus) it usually gets missed.

If they ever make Equilibrium 2!! The Miz is ready to go.

My man. *gun hug*

Aiii

So not worth it
Alvarez says its to hide how slow some of the wrestlers really are.

i.e. the cuts are to hide Cena's shitty offense.

The worst thing about those cuts is that 9 times out of 10 they expose moves. They show the guys missing, or protecting themselves, it's fucking stupid.

Ithil

Kevin Dunn's ADHD on directing the cameras is terrible. We don't need all that constant shaking, zooming, cutting. It's overproduced.

Top Bottom