• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

zychi

Banned
Kevin Dunn's ADHD on directing the cameras is terrible. We don't need all that constant shaking, zooming, cutting. It's overproduced.

I'd argue it's the opposite. They're trying to be more Youtube/TMZ-y but they're better with stationary cameras.

The Shield *we found the zoom button* fights were the worst.

Zach

Kevin Dunn's ADHD on directing the cameras is terrible. We don't need all that constant shaking, zooming, cutting. It's overproduced.

It makes it hard for my to watch, honestly. Who likes it? Seriously? Are there fans of this style?

I'd argue it's the opposite. They're trying to be more Youtube/TMZ-y but they're better with stationary cameras.

Dude, it's even worse with The Shield. They weren't just zooming in and out, they were moving in and out with their body. It was really fucking disorienting.

It makes it hard for my to watch, honestly. Who likes it? Seriously? Are there fans of this style?

I like lots of things WWE does production wise. But Dunn's gotta go. And I think Trips knows it.

Ithil

Just because they were called The Shield doesn't mean the camerawork has to be like The Shield's.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dude, it's even worse with The Shield. They weren't just zooming in and out, they were moving in and out with their body. It was really fucking disorienting.
But, you see, they were coming into the crowd and that made the cameramen all disoriented and shit, that stuff was unscripted man, legit!

Incidentally, Henry looked really, really slow last night. Slower than usual. I thought he was just selling at first, but it looked ridiculous when he 'charged' at Rusev in the corner.

Zach

I like lots of things WWE does production wise. But Dunn's gotta go. And I think Trips knows it.

But doesn't Triple H run NXT? Don't they have similar camera work or am I misremembering?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Incidentally, Henry looked really, really slow last night. Slower than usual. I thought he was just selling at first, but it looked ridiculous when he 'charged' at Rusev in the corner.

Every cloud has a silver lining though, Rusev looked deceptively quick and effective.

Henry did the acting job of his career through that whole match - from the tears to the screaming in the Accolade. Really good.

Just because they were called The Shield doesn't mean the camerawork has to be like The Shield's.

Yaya-yaya-YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But, you see, they were coming into the crowd and that made the cameramen all disoriented and shit, that stuff was unscripted man, legit!

*stumbles around*

But doesn't Triple H run NXT? Don't they have similar camera work or am I misremembering?

NXT uses Full Sail students except for the live specials, where they use the normal production crew. It's fairly toned down at NXT though, and the students shoot normally.

mooooose

I think the dumbest thing about the main event is having to believe Seth would break the match. It would make more sense to let Cena win, then bash his head in with the briefcase, then cash in to pin him. Why would you let the title remain on the guy who seems almost impossible to beat? Even if Cena almost had it. Cena was also hurt and is easier to beat.
Because Brock is a rare mega boss. Beating Cena you get like 1000xp (a lot) but beating Brock, who is the 1 in 21 and 1, you get like 10000xp. Cena's hit his level cap, so beating Brock does nothing for his level or xp worth.

Carnby

ig79hm9CpvJsS.gif

My hero.

:,)

Carnby

I wish WWE would use the MITB briefcase to elevate Seth and Dean to main event status. They could wrestle for the briefcase, and when one of them wins the title their feud could continue.

Imagine a world where the WM31 Main Event is Seth Vs. Dean Vs. Roman. It could happen... maybe at WM32.

Recall

I wish WWE would use the MITB briefcase to elevate Seth and Dean to main event status. They could wrestle for the briefcase, and when one of them wins the title their feud could continue.

Imagine a world where the WM31 Main Event is Seth Vs. Dean Vs. Roman. It could happen... maybe at WM32.

Why the rush?

WWE rushes and puts a belt on everyone and its meant nothing for going on 9 years now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pick 1 that would be a legit challenge.

And don't say Cesaro. No build there.

You don't NEED to pick 1 that would be a legit challenge. you pick 1 and make them SEEM like a legit challenge, by putting on a fan-fucking-tastic match.

I agree that there's no build with Cesaro, but there's no better example perhaps than Cesaro in WWE for this purpose. He pulls off incredible spots in the ring and is great at chaining moves together (See the flurry of offense he had last night culminating in the shoulder rack to reverse-samoan-drop). Even though he's been pretty dead with the crowd and in limbo for the last 3 months (due to creative not really having an idea what to do with him), put him in the ring with another guy hat can work a good match, let him get a few impressive spots in, and suddenly he's hot with the crowd again.

There are plenty of guys in the back that can flat out go in the ring. There's no one in the company who looks like a credible threat to Brock Lesnar, not in physical stature nor in kayfabe now that he's broken the streak. But you build credibility through booking and workrate.

Put Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Del Rio, Christian, Ziggler, Kidd, Sandow, Ambrose, Cody, Sheamus, or Orton in a match with Brock Lesnar, let them put on a clinic (Any of the guys mentioned can put one on), and you have credibility.

Just stop giving all the rubs to Cena, and stop saying you don't have any credible threats to brock lesnar, when you have a dozen great in-ring workers on the roster, with varying levels of exposure, that can look like credible threats if you want them to.

Carnby

Why the rush?

WWE rushes and puts a belt on everyone and its meant nothing for going on 9 years now.

Because we need new main eventers. Right now we have Cena, Brock, Orton, and Bryan. I don't even need to explain why this is a problem.

if I was in charge of booking? yeah sure

in reality i'm expecting him to comeback, get his title match, lose and get pushed aside

...Why would you think that? They literally had him steamroll all of Evolution in one night. He's probably the face of the Smackdown brand when he returns. They made him at Mania 30.

if I was in charge of booking? yeah sure

in reality i'm expecting him to comeback, get his title match, lose and get pushed aside

So long as the crowd are as behind him when he returns, he'll be right back to the top of the card. Roman is much more likely to lose his spot than Bryan, although I doubt either will.

And Nikki Bella can actually sort of wrestle huh? That was probably the biggest surprise of the night last night.

imBask

Banned
So long as the crowd are as behind him when he returns, he'll be right back to the top of the card. Roman is much more likely to lose his spot than Bryan, although I doubt either will.

And Nikki Bella can actually sort of wrestle huh? That was probably the biggest surprise of the night last night.

I really hope so, but to be honest I feel like they see more in Reigns than Bryan.

We're talking about Vince McMahon here, not HHH... Big guy > talent. Bryan will have to work his way back up again, especially since he got hurt so badly and we all know what they do with "injury proned wrestler" that aren't #1 guys in their mind

EDIT : I know i'm 100% pessimistic right now but i'm so fucking bored of wrestling after the month and a half of garbage that we got

I'm liking what Triple H is doing as much as the next guy, but let's not think he won't do whatever he can to make sure Roman gets over big. Roman is/was Triple H's first pick as the next top guy and to switch to Ambrose or Rollins would be, in his eyes, admitting that he chose the wrong guy from the beginning. And if there's one thing Vince and Hunter don't like doing, it's admitting they were wrong.

imBask

Banned
Rollins comes out with his new gimmick tonight : "Mr Dumb Decision" followed by a backstage segment where he drinks laxative instead of mouth wash!

I find it sort of endearing to look at Rollins as some sort of kid who's hanging with a bad crowd and is just trying to be cool no matter how stupid those choices may be. I still think Rollins is gonna be one of their biggest stars once they make him Jeff Hardy 2.0

DMczaf

I think it speaks volumes that Seth, the Architect and genius of The Shield, believes he has a higher chance of beating Brock than Cena.

Of course, he has no chance with God King, but the fact that he believes this is true speaks volumes.

Oh well, time to get the 3 month "rub" from Cena. Goodbye, Seth-kun.

Top Bottom