• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Kaladin

I liked how they have the whole interview on WWE.com about how they're redefining what it means in WWE to be from a foreign country. They may be Canadian, Japanese or Irish but you won't see them waving their flags......

KENTA's WWE name? Hideo Itomi

Devitt's WWE name? Finn Baylor.

They may not wave the flag, but those are some stereotypical names.

Kevin Steen's WWE name will be Derek Higgins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I liked how they have the whole interview on WWE.com about how they're redefining what it means in WWE to be from a foreign country. They may be Canadian, Japanese or Irish but you won't see them waving their flags......

KENTA's WWE name? Hideo Itomi

Devitt's WWE name? Finn Baylor.

They may not wave the flag, but those are some stereotypical names.

Kevin Steen's WWE name will be Derek Higgins.

Since they did that Japanese shit with Itami's theme, I expect FINN BALOR to come out to a chorus of flutes and Becky Lynch doing her Riverdance gimmick to lead him to the ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;131597654 said:
Was hoping for Devitt to be named Brian O'Brien but I guess that'd be too confusing when Daniel Bryan returns.

I had all my chips on Darby O'Blarney :/

Kaladin

Hideo Itami seems like something you'd come up with in a Japanese name generator. Hideo being a popular Japanese name and Itami being the Japanese word for pain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
¡HarlequinPanic!;131597654 said:
Was hoping for Devitt to be named Brian O'Brien but I guess that'd be too confusing when Daniel Bryan returns.

Brian O'Brien is WAY too good of a name for WWE to come up with.

Sephzilla

Welcome back Seph!

Chris-Jericho-returns-to-Raw-2_1_12-HQ_x264.gif

Carnby

All this talk about how Kenta's new name is a common name, reminds me of how Goro's name in Mortal Kombat is also a common Japanese name. To Japanese people, It's the equivalent of Goro being renamed Joe.

Sephzilla

I think the main thing that bugs me about WWE's constant renaming of talent is that they replace cool names with infinitely less cool names.

Bryan Danielson, Kenta, Prince Devitt, etc, are all better names.

Maybe WWE does it as their way of trying to break down someone like drill sergeants do when people enlist.

People take their names seriously, that dude from the crucible straight up let himself get hung over it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gawd, that Baron Corbin promo on NXT. He has the same problem as Bull - his face doesn't suit the gimmick. His delivery's pretty bad, as well.

Unlike Dampsie though he can be taught and doesn't look to be 45. There's still hope. If he could improve his physique and look, he can work on his speaking and character.

Best name; Volk Han

Unlike Dampsie though he can be taught and doesn't look to be 45. There's still hope. If he could improve his physique and look, he can work on his speaking and character.

True, I'm not writing him off yet. It didn't help that the promo was quite so dumb though, Sin City-esque effects, with Baron trying to be dark and menacing, but coming off as some goth biker extra from the Blade movies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Baron Corbin and that tattooed girl just make me think, 'Kevin Thorn didn't work the first time. It's not gonna work this time either.'

Some great logic from Natalya; wants to help Tyson out without him knowing about it, does so by talking to Regal on NXT. Let's hope Tyson hasn't subscribed to the Network for just...$9.99!

Hasney

Hasney, what's up with this Hammer24 character in the F1 OT?

He's pretty knowledgeable, but can't be wrong in his head. He is usually more accurate than most of the guys in that thread, but not sure where he's coming from with the Red bull stuff.

EDIT: With his latest point, he may have a point then. He does know this shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Baron Corbin and Corey Graves probably both go to the same shitty metalcore concerts together where they talk about their old days in the suburbs and the country club.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Volk Han is also top tier in the Wrasslename Tier List.

Other top-tier names, but not necessarily top-tier wrestlers:

Iron Sheik
Killer Kowalski
Abdullah the Butcher
Blackjack Mulligan
Adam Bomb

Aiii

So not worth it
He's pretty knowledgeable, but can't be wrong in his head. He is usually more accurate than most of the guys in that thread, but not sure where he's coming from with the Red bull stuff.

EDIT: With his latest point, he may have a point then. He does know this shit.

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense now, it's hard to get a proper read on some of these guys in there sometimes :D

Sephzilla

Fav Five Wrestler Names?

Fav Five Wrestler Names.
1- Stone Cold Steve Austin
2- Jake The Snake Roberts
3- Killer Kowalski
4- Ravishing Rick Rude
5- Adam Bomb

Honorable mentions: Macho Man, Million Dollar Man, Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

Carnby

Fav Five Wrestler Names?

Fav Five Wrestler Names.
1- Stone Cold Steve Austin
2- Jake The Snake Roberts
3- Killer Kowalski
4- Ravishing Rick Rude
5- Adam Bomb

Honorable mentions: Macho Man, Million Dollar Man, Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. The Rock
3. Razor Ramon
4. Diesel
5. CM Punk

somedevil

TNA news:

Based on what was taped at last week's TNA Impact Wrestling tapings, the November 26th, December 3rd, December 10th and December 17th episodes could end up being "Best Of" shows or compilation shows with little, if any, new content.

So if this is true the last real Impact episode will be November 19 and there won't be any new impacts until they sign a new deal and then it will start on January.

So this is how impact could possibility end and with someone written off on the last episode:
* Kurt Angle comes out and addresses MVP's backstage attack on him. MVP interrupts and says he's tired of everyone, tired of TNA and tired of Angle. Angle attacks MVP and Kenny King makes the save. MVP kicks Angle in the head. Mr. Anderson runs down but Lashley takes him out with a spear. Bobby Roode comes down and throws Kenny King into the barrier. Roode and Lashley brawl in the ring. MVP leaves. Roode destroys Lashley and clears the ring of him. Impact ends with Roode starting a TNA chant and posing with the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Million Dollar Man and Diesel are also top tier names.

Nothing must-see on NXT tonight, Alexa vs Bayley was a bit disappointing, Alexa's still really green but I like her new music a lot better than the old one. The main event's OK, good stuff from Lucha Dragons.

RP912

Banned
TNA news:

So if this is true the last real Impact episode will be November 19 and there won't be any new impacts until they sign a new deal and then it will start on January.

So this is how impact could possibility end and with someone written off on the last episode:

They could have done what wcw was going to do...

Have the wrestlers destroy the set and the ring. TNA Reboot coming to WGN.

Top Bottom