• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Omega

Banned
if austin comes back he'd probably try to put over some young talent

and by young talent i mean Cena. all he ever talks about is how he's a fan of him. austin, please stay on 316 gimmick street

Sephzilla

Triple H is best in the old guard vs young guard matches now. That match with DBry is now a career highlight.

Evolution vs Shield was really good too.

No disagreement there. HHH vs DBry I think is HHH's best match ever. I'm just thinking of an Austin return angle that actually makes sense.

jred2k

If Austin came back to face Cena I'd want the match to include Austin no-selling the STF while audibly yelling "Snug it up, motherfucker!".

Cena a will go over Ambrose. Probably cleanly but they will let Ambrose look strong.

Ambrose will beat Orton.

Rollins will beat Cena somehow with outside interference.

Not sure how to call the details but I think I got my winners right if this is their plan

RP912

Banned
If meltzerz is true about the stipulation. I see a dq in the making throwing all four wrestlers in a fatal four way hell in the cell match which seems logical.

I don't get the cognitive dissonance of the people here who say things like "wow lolwtf" to a regular ass name like Hideo Itami or Finn Balor.

Their names were KENTA and Prince Devitt. All of these names are silly. It's pro wrestling.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW GREAT AMERICAN BASH 1996

• Fire & Ice vs Steiner Brothers Number One Contendership There Must Be A Winner
  • El Gato vs Konnan WCW US Championship
  • DDP vs Marcus Bagwell Lord of the Ring
  • Rey Mysterio Jr vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Big Bubber vs John Tena
  • Chris Benoit vs The Taskmaster Falls Count Anywhere
  • Steven Regal vs Sting
  • Ric Flair/Arn Anderson vs Steve McMichael/Kevin Greene
  • Lex Luger vs The Giant WCW Championship

Really a 2 match show, but still, even the bad shit wasn't nearly as bad as the last 2 PPVs. Dean/Rey was dope, and Regal/Sting was a 16 minute Regal showcase. The footballers had a very respectable match, with the big Mongo SWERVE and all. But I'm really kind of taken aback by the nWo stuff so far. Hall attacks Bischoff and Nash powerbombs him off the stage, yet there is no security. No wrestlers rushing from the back to check on/save their boss. Fans cheering. Now, imagine if the tables were flipped and WCW guys showed up on a WWF PPV and tried to kill Vince. The whole show would be in chaos, wrestlers and security would be everywhere. Now, that WILL happen in WCW, but it hasn't yet and it is kind of odd.

Bryan is Liu Kang because Bryan's moveset can be easily spammed with all them kicks and sweeps and is generally easy to master if he was in a game. You get to show off all those sweet MOVEZ. I guarantee Bryan will the be the easiest person to use in 2K15 if they really do put an emphasis in making everyone different. Highly doubt it though.

We still talking about MK?

jred2k

"Prince Devitt" is one of the worst kayfabe names anyway.

Are we doing this again when a fat dude named Kevin gets his name changed?

Yes. The people that like to bitch won't be happy unless they just keep their original name, which isn't going to happen.

They could name him Kevin Stein and there would be outrage about the change of an "e" to an "i".

Yes. The people that like to bitch won't be happy unless they just keep their original name, which isn't going to happen.

They could name him Kevin Stein and there would be outrage about the change of an "e" to an "i".

"Stein" would sound stupid. I don't want Lawler making Frankenstein jokes

Verendus

Banned
He's not lying though.

Triple H had to inhale the souls of every indy wrestler, MMA shoot fighter, and brawler from the wcw power plant to go against Bryan.
He's had better matches. It was a good match, especially considering Triple H is over a decade past his best years in the ring, but I think it's a crazy statement. I could probably name ten matches off the top of my head that I think are better Triple H matches. Look, I'll even try right now:

Iron Man against Rock
Backlash 2000 against Rock
3 Stages of Hell against Austin
Tag match against Benoit and Jericho in 2001
Wrestlemania 20 main event
Both his matches against Cactus Jack in 2000 (Street Fight, and Hell in a Cell)
Summerslam 2002 against Shawn Michaels
Hell in a Cell against Batista

That's nine. So I couldn't name ten off the top of my head, but it's a crazy statement.

Edit:

Hold on, I remember one more. The Last Man Standing against Jericho in 2000.

Triple H has had a pretty strong career of matches. Da best. Here is to him defending the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Batista in the main event of Wrestlemania 31.

strobogo

Banned
Hahaha. I think I remember that. Wasn't it just, like, Pat Tanaka or whatever? I may have to look this up.

Yes. And he was wearing a bootleg Tiger Mask mask. He was a South American legend who came out to the sounds of the Amazon jungle and wrestled with a clearly Japanese inspired karate gimmick.

Verendus

Banned
Real talk: Triple H wasn't that good in his "prime".
He was better than anyone they have on the main roster today.

Look at you trying to insult the Game, student of the art, King of Kings, Cerebral Assassin, McMahon Son-in-law, heir to the throne, Jimmy hit me with that Triple H.

Top Bottom