• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Hasney

That idea for HIAC doesn't sound like a PPV selling idea at all. I doubt they will stick with it for the five weeks til the PPV.
They seem to have no idea what they're doing with this PPV.

It does to me. If I actually thought Ambrose had a chance of going over, I'd resubscribe.

strobogo

Banned
Sounds really, really stupid not to have Bork on EVERY PPV. Even if there isn't a big money fight. Put a dude in the ring with Brock for 10 minutes, let him get a few hope spots in to look good. Just being in the ring with Brock can give a guy a huge boost. Champions in boxing/MMA also do defenses where there is zero doubt as to the winner and the guy going in is a huge under dog. So put a guy in the Sheamus/Cesaro/Ambrose/Rollins level, let him look good, and it will help everyone.

Alucard

Banned
Sounds really, really stupid not to have Bork on EVERY PPV. Even if there isn't a big money fight. Put a dude in the ring with Brock for 10 minutes, let him get a few hope spots in to look good. Just being in the ring with Brock can give a guy a huge boost. Champions in boxing/MMA also do defenses where there is zero doubt as to the winner and the guy going in is a huge under dog. So put a guy in the Sheamus/Cesaro/Ambrose/Rollins level, let him look good, and it will help everyone.

Why you talking sense, stro? You know Uncle Vince doesn't like that.

Vylash

I swear if this ends up with Cena vs Rollins with the MITB on the line.....

iS8vcLFblcyWh.gif

shcbJ.gif

newz

the suffering is almost over, friends
Batista will be back when that movie career doesn't work out
Btw, Axel followed up that tweet saying he got injured.
oh dang. Rybaxel is totally out of action.
He responded to another dude who taunted him with a Ziggler shirt by calling him a "trader."

I'm not going to believe I'm getting worked by Axel. He's just really dumb. Unbelievably dumb, and he's ruined his family name.

He's just a master of the game. Don't get worked, mark

Thorakai

Seriously, I'm tired of seeing Brock wrestle guys he fought years before during his Smackdown days. Lets see some new match ups for the God King.

Showaddy

I swear if this ends up with Cena vs Rollins with the MITB on the line.....

As stupidly marky as it sounds, if Cena beats Ambrose & Rollins and get's the briefcase I'll genuinely stop watching. No interest in watching the product when Cena's centre-stage and he'll have wrecked Wyatt, Ambrose & Rollins in a space of a a few months.

strobogo

Banned
Seriously, I'm tired of seeing Brock wrestle guys he fought years before during his Smackdown days. Lets see some new match ups for the God King.

It should be just like his title run in 2002, where he took on all comers, from rookies to top guys, every week on Smackdown. Except do it only on PPV.

Alucard

Banned
Look at how excited people were at Seth having such a tiny interaction with Brock. Just the idea was enough to give Seth a perception boost.

Most wrestlers who have been close to Vince have said he'll always do what's safe. And Cena is like Vince's security blanket. I really have no interest in watching Cena beat both Rollins and Ambrose.

We'll see how it goes. My WWE viewing is already at a big low, and it would go even lower if Cena wins two matches in one night.

Recall

It should be just like his title run in 2002, where he took on all comers, from rookies to top guys, every week on Smackdown. Except do it only on PPV.

When has WWE ever done anything that made sense? Remember the WWE is built on fluke accidents, not concrete well thought out booking.

Anth0ny

The plan as of this week for Hell in a Cell is for Cena vs. Ambrose to be the opening match. The winner gets to face Rollins inside the Cell, while the loser gets the consolation of facing Orton inside the Cell.

ibuukpeukuth7n6ndkr.gif

Xater

If that's their big idea they probably should start thinking about bringing one or two guys up from NXT especially not that they lost a couple of faces.

jred2k

A former indy wrestler/manager is running for mayor of my town. I pray to god nobody here recognizes this guy:

"no official political experience aside from working the politics of the Independent wrestling scene."

That's it. I'm voting for him.

Verendus

Banned
Batista is expected to return to WWE in time for WrestleMania 31, and according to The Wrestling Observer, with Batista’s movie career taking off it’s likely any return he makes will be his “farewell tour” with WWE.
And with that, there will be nothing worthwhile left in the WWE.

The current plan is to have Hell in a Cell start with John Cena vs Dean Ambrose in the opening match, with the winner of that match facing Seth Rollins inside the cell later in the night. The loser of the Cena vs Ambrose match would then face Randy Orton, also inside the cell, later in the PPV.WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar is not expected to appear at Hell in a Cell this year.
Also, no. I want Lesnar vs. Cena in Hell in a Cell. This plan sounds all sorts of stupid. Why not just go with what makes sense? In the meantime, spend some time building up Orton to face Lesnar at Survivor Series. WWE seriously has nothing going for them right now. The only thing interesting is Lesnar, because he's about the only thing they haven't exhausted. Why have him miss a PPV? This Cena and Lesnar storyline needs resolution and you have the perfect match to do it in.

Ambrose/Rollins was the other good thing, but inserting Cena is weird as hell. They should resolve their problem themselves, and not have a third party inserted to be made into some silly storyline. Cena can demand another title shot, inside a structure where no one can interfere. He won the last match. There's no reason for him to chase after Rollins right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm still bent they stuck with the graduation ring belt rather than the big gold one.

Top Bottom