• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Reigns being out on injury, he'd be the one simultaneously burying Ambrose & Rollins at HIAC. From what I've seen over the past few years, it seems like the WWE seriously believes that when a tag team/stable breaks up, they NEED a Jannetty in order to create their new star.

strobogo

Banned
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Reigns being out on injury, he'd be the one simultaneously burying Ambrose & Rollins at HIAC. From what I've seen over the past few years, it seems like the WWE seriously believes that when a tag team/stable breaks up, they NEED a Jannetty in order to create their new star.

Which is silly because the only reason there is such a thing as The Jannetty is because Marty was/is a flake. He would have been pushed just as hard had he not been a fuck up outside of the ring. His lack of promo skills would have hurt him, but not enough to make him a punch line 20 years later.

Batista not returning any time soon, doing a movie now. Probably around Rumble time for Mania then.

good for him. let's hope he never sinks back except for that farewell run. i didn't see guardians of the galaxy and don't care to but i've been in this dumb wrestling show for less than a year and i'm almost out for the count. haven't watched a raw etc since summerslam, just keeping tabs on brock and i'm beginning to feel a faint 'but...why?' even about that.

just some negativity for everyone.

Verendus

Banned
They should've just kept The Shield together. You go over Evolution twice, are at your highest peak, but they split them up and pretty much kill it all without any real plan. Since their plan seems to be Lesnar and Reigns, and that's about it.

Have Rollins win MITB, then have Reigns win the Royal Rumble, then have Ambrose win the Elimination Chamber for the title, but Rollins cashes in on him and takes the title. This sets up a triple threat at Wrestlemania 31 and you have your heel in Rollins, and two faces.

It'd pretty much make a star out of all three of them, especially if you have some long-term thought to the booking and started teasing things from around December.

WWE takes the hard road so often. Why try so hard to only make one star, when you have a rare opportunity to make several?

strobogo

Banned
...and he got shot in the eye at the end.

i6NnXrCG1DChw.gif

MY EYE! MY EYE! MYYYYYY EYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE! YOU BASTARD, MY EYE! My eye. My god damned eye! Where's Lawler? He's yellow. YOU YELLOW PIG! PIIIIIIIG!

They should've just kept The Shield together. You go over Evolution twice, are at your highest peak, but they split them up and pretty much kill it all without any real plan. Since their plan seems to be Lesnar and Reigns, and that's about it.

Have Rollins win MITB, then have Reigns win the Royal Rumble, then have Ambrose win the Elimination Chamber for the title, but Rollins cashes in on him and takes the title. This sets up a triple threat at Wrestlemania 31 and you have your heel in Rollins, and two faces.

It'd pretty much make a star out of all three of them, especially if you have some long-term thought to the booking and started teasing things from around December.

WWE takes the hard road so often. Why try so hard to only make one star, when you have a rare opportunity to make several?

I love this idea. I also want to see it happen, but the reality is, we all won't.

DMczaf

Why are there so many bad wrestlers being teachers at the performance center?

"Those who can, wrestle. Those who can't, teach."

Showaddy

Apparently though according to HHH some of the trainers were never particularly great wrestlers they excel at teach. Not entirely sure what DeMott brings to the training ring though (apart from the guns & lash rods...)

DiscoJon

Banned

Damn, you beat me to it. I was gonna post the same thing.

Cheerleader Mellissa is the only bright spot in the NXT teaching roster, unless Regal is involved.

Anth0ny

Holy fucking shit raw did a 2.6?

Isn't that the worst non-Christmas Raw rating in years?

I don't remember the last time a fucking piece of shit Raw got a fucking piece of shit rating.

Feels good man.

So we went from what looked like HIAC matches of Brock/Cena and Rollins/Ambrose to Cena/Ambrose, Ambrose/Orton, and Cena/Rollins? Talk about a fucking downgrade

somedevil

I don't remember the last time a fucking piece of shit Raw got a fucking piece of shit rating.

Feels good man.

Well not to rain on your parade the show did a 2.69 and still did 3.879 million viewers up from last week and more than last year. I still don't understand how they determine ratings. Show was boring but it was not some bomb.

Also from NXT Chad Gable did the dark match and Leva Bates was a jobber on the show.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Feels good man.
It's a bit deceiving. They actually had more viewers this week than last week.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sounds really, really stupid not to have Bork on EVERY PPV. Even if there isn't a big money fight. Put a dude in the ring with Brock for 10 minutes, let him get a few hope spots in to look good. Just being in the ring with Brock can give a guy a huge boost. Champions in boxing/MMA also do defenses where there is zero doubt as to the winner and the guy going in is a huge under dog. So put a guy in the Sheamus/Cesaro/Ambrose/Rollins level, let him look good, and it will help everyone.
Honestly there's no reason for there not to be a ton of contenders.

I still want my Cesaro/Brock match DAMMIT.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There is literally no chance of those two ever being in the same ring as each other ever.
It was honestly the only reason Paul should've been paired with Cesaro.

They could've had him attack Brock then go "hey Paul, you told me you were gonna get me the belt!"

blah blah blah

280lb god king brock in giant swing

jred2k

Well not to rain on your parade the show did a 2.69 and still did 3.879 million viewers up from last week and more than last year. I still don't understand how they determine ratings. Show was boring but it was not some bomb.

Also from NXT Chad Gable did the dark match and Leva Bates was a jobber on the show.

I think that means that 2.69% of people watching prime time television Monday night, on channels Nielsen tracks, watched Raw. No idea if it only pertains to a certain demographic, though.

Anth0ny

It's a bit deceiving. They actually had more viewers this week than last week.

Damn it. Knew it was too good to be true.

somedevil

She's been paired with Sasha as well, sounds fun.

Yeah it seems to two big diva feuds on nxt are going to be
Bayley vs Becky and Sasha vs Charlotte

Also hopefully Itami
get beaten down every week leads to the debut of Devitt on these tapings or give us a tag match with the number one announcer

kirblar

Apparently though according to HHH some of the trainers were never particularly great wrestlers they excel at teach. Not entirely sure what DeMott brings to the training ring though (apart from the guns & lash rods...)
Teaching and doing are two different skills in any medium.

Top Bottom