• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

qppfen9.jpg

Now I wish Microsoft required an always-on internet connection to use an Xbone.

To be fair, that stupid spot was slowed down for that GIF.

Watching the superior version for Finne B's debut...

They're really too eager with the "this is awesome chants".

Hasney

Dat pop. And the description of his music earlier was spot on. Guy is going places already.

I like the initial music when Prince Devitt was on the screen, not so much the guitar riff when Finn came up. If he can keep the first part as the intro music, that would be ace.

Xater

Seems like this is going to be the NXT card for the pay per view in December:

Zayn vs Neville
Ascension vs Hideo and Balor
Charlotte vs Sasha Banks
Bayley vs Becky Lynch
Vaudevillians vs Lucha Dragons
Tyler Breeze vs Mojo Rawley
With Kevin Steen debut

Wow that looks quite good. Can we just get rid of Mojo though? Let Breeze feud with Steen. He is the perfect fit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's up with Sony and MS saying they wanna push their digital storefronts, but I go on PSN to check the price of Wolfenstein, and it's still 60. Meanwhile, it's 40 dollars on Amazon and Gamestop.

Do they not understand that if they want people to go digital, they need to aggressively keep up with that stuff and not fall into the same trappings as last generation? As it stands, 'digital only' seems to only apply to if you strictly buy new releases regardless.

Hasney

What's up with Sony and MS saying they wanna push their digital storefronts, but I go on PSN to check the price of Wolfenstein, and it's still 60. Meanwhile, it's 40 dollars on Amazon and Gamestop.

Do they not understand that if they want people to go digital, they need to aggressively keep up with that stuff and not fall into the same trappings as last generation? As it stands, 'digital only' seems to only apply to if you strictly buy new releases regardless.

Yeah, it's stupid. I mean, I do buy all my game digitally, but only because I can buy at US prices which works out at £37 a game on release day, but the UK store wants £60 a game, which works out to a lovely $97. You can get those games on disc between £40 & £50 easily.

Xater

Just imagine what a digital only future would have looked like on these platforms. This is also why I don't buy digitally except for very rare cases.

Hasney

And the default Wii U 'big' hard drive size is STILL 32 gbs.

Come on now. It's 2014, and I shouldn't have to buy an external just to buy and download games. Hyrule Warriors alone is about 1/4 my hard drive.

What's even worse for me is that the quick start update made my hard drive unreliable, so I have to do some moving gymnastics whenever I want to start a game... or forget, play between 20 minutes and 2 hours and then get "The hard drive as been disconnected".

It's been flagged on Nintendos official forums by several people, but they don't seem to care.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just imagine what a digital only future would have looked like on these platforms. This is also why I don't buy digitally except for very rare cases.

I just see stuff like their playstation now and all that, and I want to tell them to stop all that bullshit until they get their storefront to a position where it's aggressive past the first week.

They've got where you can pre-order Driveclub now. Going by their details, you get bonus cars for pre-ordering from Amazon or Gamestop. What do you get for going with PSN? Nothing. 'You can play it at midnight' yeah so can you if you buy it at Gamestop. 'You can preload it' that's pointless if you buy it retail because you won't need to. And you'll surely have to sit through patching either way. Which, it also requires PS+ to preload. What the fuck is that all about? So there's no reason to preorder through their store.

AND ITS A SONY GAME
Also?
iPzMYYwkL97Bc.gif

Kindaaa awesome
What's even worse for me is that the quick start update made my hard drive unreliable, so I have to do some moving gymnastics whenever I want to start a game... or forget, play between 20 minutes and 2 hours and then get "The hard drive as been disconnected".

It's been flagged on Nintendos official forums by several people, but they don't seem to care.

The size potential of Xenoblade X terrifies me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just noticed AJ has a 360 on a Japanese flight

A SLAP IN DA FACE. He's being a heel even when he's off the clock

tumblr_nc854l8t8p1ql0k28o2_250.gif

state of your hair

XShagrath

You were there? What's his theme song like?
I don't really remember, since I was marking out. I believe it was some rock/metal. It wasn't overly Irish, if that's what you're asking.

Also, you couldn't really see it in the videos posted, but his Tron after the match showed
Finn in full bodypaint on the sides

Alucard

Banned
Dat pop. And the description of his music earlier was spot on. Guy is going places already.

Not bad. Wish Kenta was more in sync with him. Felt a little out of time, and the beatdown felt a bit too excessive and choreographed, but still a cool debut.

Alucard

Banned
Starting my morning off with the rest of Impact.

Shaw vs. Abyss had really stupid storytelling. Shaw worked over Abyss' left arm, which Abyss doesn't really use for any of his finishers, and the arm didn't play into the finish. Shaw then used a chair shot which the ref didn't see, but it didn't make a difference as Abyss just hit the black hole slam. Dumb.

Watching the five-man main event now.

Vylash

And the default Wii U 'big' hard drive size is STILL 32 gbs.

Come on now. It's 2014, and I shouldn't have to buy an external just to buy and download games. Hyrule Warriors alone is about 1/4 my hard drive.
/URL]

That's the main reason I'm going physical for the Wii U, the prices on their games rarely go down so you'll be paying close to full MSRP anyway

Alucard

Banned
Bad main event on Impact. Way too slow and awkward.

Worth watching from this week:
-MVP vs. Low Ki
-Tajiri vs. Robbie E
-Austin Aries vs. Knux
-Most promo packages

Yaaaaaaaaawn:
-Abyss vs. Shaw
-Magnus vs. Anderson
-Main event

Just watch the first hour if you watch it at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the idea of Hideo and Devitt being teamed up with their similar backgrounds. I think Steen might work as well with the 'WERE TAKING OVER CHICO' angle.

but I don't like Sami being with them. He's been in NXT too long for that to work. Same with Neville. Obviously they're not yet, but that's the hint I've been getting from all the photos and stuff. I think I'd be interested in them feuding rather than them being partnered up.

Top Bottom