• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

LMzUrXy.jpg

dood looked like he buffed up a bit, could just be lighting though

TMZ.com ran an article earlier today about Hulk Hogan’s restaurant being racist. The headline of the article says “Don’t Dress Like a Black Guy…Brotha”

The restaurant has a sign that breaks down the urban stereotypes and what is not allowed to be worn. Included are camo shorts, no plain white t-shirts or oversized shirts, no high-top sneakers, no sports or sleeveless jerseys and many more.

There is a video, which can be seen here, that shows a commercial for his restaurant. It does not include any black people.

Hulk Hogan has commented that he was unaware of the dress code and is looking into the matter.

Looks like I will never be eating there.

jred2k

I loved how that dress code basically meant that Hulk could never be a customer at his own restaurant. No bandannas" isn't a very Hulk rule, brother.

somedevil

From Wrestling Observer:

NXT star Hideo Itami, formerly known as Kenta, was one of the most-searched terms in Japan this past week. There has been more interest in Itami than any of the wrestlers in New Japan Pro Wresting lately, according to The Wrestling Observer

So being on hired by WWE and being on NXT has created a big interest in him it seems.

Sabucin

I dont know why you have problems with the connection on WWEN. I live in Chile, with an internet connection of 15mb, and I have no problems watching in HD. Never freezes to me.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I dont know why you have problems with the connection on WWEN. I live in Chile, with an internet connection of 15mb, and I have no problems watching in HD. Never freezes to me.
Even during a live pay per view? That's when I have problems with it. Night of Champions was the first one that didn't freeze or anything.

RBH

nitrovol3topa.jpg

DDP Yoga’s September 2014 newsletter has revealed that Diamond Dallas Page has signed on with WWE to host “The Best of WCW Monday Nitro, Vol. 3“.

That confirms plans to bring back the Nitro WWE DVD/Blu-ray series next year. DDP hosted the first volume of the series back in 2011 and then the second in 2012.

There’s also talk of DDP being interviewed for a separate project very soon. WWE cameras will film Page at his “Accountability Crib” for a legends feature. As of now, this will most likely end up as a future WWE Network special rather than a DDP DVD release.

Joey Styles loosely referenced “ECW Unreleased, Vol. 3” on his Twitter recently, so that looks to be another possibility for a WWE DVD series returning in 2015.
http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/news-return-wcw-nitro-ecw-dvd-series/73086/

I got the best one... Dusty Dynamite.

Yeah well I'm "The Irksome Predator" apparently, isn't this actually what Randy Orton is when in cowardly heel mode?

Going back to those NXT names for whatever reasons Finn Balor sounds like something I'd expect to be carving up in Monster Hunter.

Rumour has it that the UK version of the Network will have a 24hr blackout on PPVs, due to WWE's contract with SkySports. I'd expected as much, so I'll stick to the US version, I guess.

Ithil

No shit it's more than NJPW. What did they expect with that aging roster?

NJPW has been hot the last couple of years and regaining popularity in Japan, while WWE interest is very low in Japan right now. Now NJPW is still far away from the 90s boom for puro, but still, given Itami is only in developmental right now, it's a good sign he's already got lots of interest.

Basically if they can keep that momentum going he can do a lot for their fanbase in Japan, which was the plan all along.

I am...not surprised that AJ would bring such a thing with him on tours. Dude is about as addicted to gaming as I was

Edit: That name generator gave me Zealous Snake. Well now.

Top Bottom