• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When did the term "indy darling" start being used anyways? Punk? Sydal? ECW guys? NWA guys? Regardless, it's dumb, please stop.

Who was the first dude who put time into the indies and was loved, then went mainstream and sucked? No way it was Sydal, though.

I honestly quite like the Finn Balor name. I don't get why people are complaining about it being too nerdy given it's rooted in Irish mythology when at the same time they gush over him coming out painted as Marvel characters.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno so much about Tazz - people still really enjoyed him in WWE for a good couple years, not the same crowd as ECW but still. It's a tough one.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM

WCW MONDAY NITRO 6/24/96

• Blue Bloods vs Public Enemy
  • The Taskmaster vs Kip Abey
  • Bobby Walker vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Eddie Guerrero vs Barbarian
  • Arn Anderson/Chris Benoit vs Rock N Roll Express
  • DDP vs Alex Wright Lord of the Ring
  • VK Wallstreet vs Randy Savage
  • Harlem Heat vs Steiner Brothers vs Sting/Lex Luger WCW Tag Team Championships

Tony, Larry, and Brain do a great job of setting up the atmosphere that Hall and Nash have caused. You feel them all show even when they aren't on screen. When they finally DO show up, cops immediately hit the ring with hands on guns.

If we're talking about guys who were loved before the got to the WWE then went nowhere when they got their how about Ultimo Dragon? Ultimo was pretty well respected as a wrestler, competed around the world, was pushed as the next Rey on his debut and achieved nothing in the company.

I'd mention most of the ECW staples who appeared in the WWE too (Dreamer, Sabu, Sand Man etc...) but I'm not too sure they were ever considered great by the non ECW hardcore.

Nattie's character on total divas doesn't make any sense

I mean summer is supposed to be the "bitch" right?

Yeah, no. Nattie is seemingly the biggest "bitch" on the show and I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I honestly quite like the Finn Balor name. I don't get why people are complaining about it being too nerdy given it's rooted in Irish mythology when at the same time they gush over him coming out painted as Marvel characters.
No that paint gimmick was stupid, I hope they don't let him do that shit.

XenoRaven

Is that in the Huck Finn's commercial?

Coincidentally, I met Mic Foley at Huck Finn's Warehouse.
In some versions yeah.

"The humongous savings stoooore

More than anywhere!

Huck Finn's Warehouse and more"

Edit: Oh yeah my friend said he met Ken Shamrock at Crossgates Macy's.

Jamie OD

Name generator gave me Rob Chowder. You better pronounce my name correctly or I'll kill all of you, especially those of you in the jury!

Tried a second time and got Saint Tank. That has potential.

kirblar

Name generator gave me Rob Chowder. You better pronounce my name correctly or I'll kill all of you, especially those of you in the jury!

Tried a second time and got Saint Tank. That has potential.
If the name's Chowder you need to go with the most exaggerated, awful Boston accent ever.

Zach

What do people here think of OSW Reviews?

They did a Night Of Champions episode and it has been great. Funny guys.

I've said it many times over the past year or so: they're the reason I got back into wrestling. I stumbled upon one of their reviews on YouTube and was hooked.

Top Bottom