• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

tm24

Ok here's the thing...

My wife and I are doing the Susan G. Komen walk Saturday. To register for the walk is 35 bucks EACH.

How much of that money goes to Breast cancer research??????

Ugh, i actually hate this shit. Every year at work i have to hear about how im the only one who has never done any of this walk stuff. It's like eff you guys, i actually donate money to charities that actually spend the money they raise on their actual cause instead of PR.

Fuck the perpetual fundraising model

According to a source within WWE, Triple H, as he comes more into power, is a big fan of soliciting feedback from the internet and online communities, and is reportedly having WWE’s social media workers keep an eye on various online communities.

The site HHH is most intrigued by is Reddit, and its “r/squaredcircle” community. Apparently that’s where the “Dolphins1925″ user originated, and it looks like the site has a new insider on there – a former employee of the WWE who has been telling loads of stories about Vince, Kevin Dunn, and other backstage on-goings and entities. It’s been seen as kind of a hot spot for the wrestling community, and there are rumors that booking has taken inspiration from fantasy booking found on that site.

Triple H is also said to be working on an “Ask me Anything” (AMA) with the site – not on the Squared Circle community but on the main AMA page for maximum visibility. He wants to get in on it and let them know he’s aware.

There are a few other communities being tossed around, including the GameFAQs message board as well as our own message board, as places to look for feedback and further ways to influence the product. It’s being said that Sandow’s role as the Miz’s bodyguard was taken in part by discussions seen about Sandow on these sites.

¡HarlequinPanic!;132151748 said:
Anyone who says "its worth it" clearly hasn't gone to WM29 as their only mania.

Augh. :[

Wrestlemania 29 was the only one I ever went to and I had a blast. The Shield's match and Punk's match were worth the price of admission alone.
We left at the start of the last match though.

joelseph

Speaking of fundraising, I am doing the annual Extra Life Charity event Oct. 25. This will be my third year participating in the 25 hour gaming marathon to raise money and awareness for children in the Children's Hospital Network. If anyone would like to make a small one-time donation online you can find my fundraising page at http://extra-life.org/participant/joel

Donations accepted all year round, event happens October 25th.

I have a ways to go to reach my goal, any bit helps.

qLbHWuU.png

strobogo

Banned
Ok here's the thing...

My wife and I are doing the Susan G. Komen walk Saturday. To register for the walk is 35 bucks EACH.

How much of that money goes to Breast cancer research??????

That's what I thought, but when StroMomo was doing her breast cancer thing, SGK paid for almost all of her medical bills until she was able to be placed on Medicaid.

Maybe back when straight shooters such as friend Heel, or friend Lamba used to post here. Or when tastemakers such me or yourself were topping the Wall of Shame.

These days though?
humf_zps3d61fed8.gif

I don't know, you have Strobogo's recaps filled with racist and homophobic jokes, Zach's PPV report card, DMczaf plagiarizing content, Dragonzord lusting after East Asian women, Daniel Bryan fans subtly promoting white talent while downplaying minority performers, serious wrestling discussion, illegal wrestling gifs.

There's plenty of fun to be had here still.

If NJPW ever gave Shibata the title, he'd elevate that piss poor thing instead of having it on the same guys all the time. Just like Brock.

I must have missed AJ's previous title runs.

Also, Brock did nothing but damage the reputation of the belt, just as Sapp and Fujita did. Those "same guys" you so bemoan winning the title all the time are the only reason the belt's worth a damn again after Inoki tried his damnedest to run his own company into the ground.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I must have missed AJ's previous title runs.

Also, Brock did nothing but damage the reputation of the belt, just as Sapp and Fujita did. Those "same guys" you so bemoan winning the title all the time are the only reason the belt's worth a damn again.

I'm contrasting Brock in the WWE since his return to Shibata in NJPW since his return. Not Brock in NJPW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ Styles has kept the IWGP title prestigious this year, definitely. Shibata can't do anything for the belt it hasn't already done, but he's not a bad guy to put it on. But he's missing IT.

Hasney

Buddy of mine went from England to Wrestlemania 30 and the Raw after. Says it was the best time he ever had... Picked the right WM.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ Styles has kept the IWGP title prestigious this year, definitely. Shibata can't do anything for the belt it hasn't already done, but he's not a bad guy to put it on. But he's missing IT.

Shibata is like the definition of IT. It's the whole reason they originally wanted to make him THE guy before he left.

I don't know, you have Strobogo's recaps filled with racist and homophobic jokes, Zach's PPV report card, DMczaf plagiarizing content, Dragonzord lusting after East Asian women, Daniel Bryan fans subtly promoting white talent while downplaying minority performers, serious wrestling discussion, illegal wrestling gifs.

ibpw79hAbmnzDK.gif

You do make a good point.

Sephzilla

And I'm here to occasionally remind you that RoboCop is canon to the WWE universe

this is ridiculous

They basically went with the same storyline!

Brock/Shibata comes back, Cena/Tanahashi is pissed he came back, think he's only in it for the money/because he failed at MMA, etc.

They split from here because Brock fucking murdered Cena and Shibata lost to Tana, but the start was the damn same

strobogo

Banned
They basically went with the same storyline!

Brock/Shibata comes back, Cena/Tanahashi is pissed he came back, think he's only in it for the money/because he failed at MMA, etc.

They split from here because Brock fucking murdered Cena and Shibata lost to Tana, but the start was the damn same

Brock lost to Cena the first time, too.

Vylash

According to a WWE source, company officials are very concerned with CM Punk chants ruining tonight’s Raw broadcast.

Consequently, members of the WWE social media department have been told to scour Reddit, Twitter, top-liked Facebook fan pages, and assorted other forums and platforms to find out if there are any rallying plans lined up similar to the #HijackRaw movement back in March.

Additionally, WZ has been told Michael Hayes, Kevin Dunn, and Vince McMahon himself really dislike Colt Cabana, and have informed the social media department to keep an eye out for any mentions of his name.

A few fans at the last Chicago show reportedly bought front row tickets and were wearing Colt Cabana t-shirts which security made them remove as soon as they were seated.

WWE officials want to make sure there’s no Twitter or general social media campaign to make something “bigger” happen as a result of the first “Hijack Raw” plans being squashed by WWE.

well this should be fun

If Chicago chants "AJ Lee" during her match instead of "CM Punk," then they will be redeemed, even if it's just to be snarky

And I don't even LIKE AJ Lee I just think those are bad chants

Ithil

According to a source within WWE, Triple H, as he comes more into power, is a big fan of soliciting feedback from the internet and online communities, and is reportedly having WWE’s social media workers keep an eye on various online communities.

The site HHH is most intrigued by is Reddit, and its “r/squaredcircle” community. Apparently that’s where the “Dolphins1925″ user originated, and it looks like the site has a new insider on there – a former employee of the WWE who has been telling loads of stories about Vince, Kevin Dunn, and other backstage on-goings and entities. It’s been seen as kind of a hot spot for the wrestling community, and there are rumors that booking has taken inspiration from fantasy booking found on that site.

Triple H is also said to be working on an “Ask me Anything” (AMA) with the site – not on the Squared Circle community but on the main AMA page for maximum visibility. He wants to get in on it and let them know he’s aware.

There are a few other communities being tossed around, including the GameFAQs message board as well as our own message board, as places to look for feedback and further ways to influence the product. It’s being said that Sandow’s role as the Miz’s bodyguard was taken in part by discussions seen about Sandow on these sites.

Our own message board

Ah yes, the illustrious WrestleZone message board. Clearly HHH's favourite hangout spot.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
October Wrasslin |OT| World's Finest
October Wrasslin |OT| ...Who?
October Wrasslin |OT| Total Divas
October Wrasslin |OT| Embrace the H8 Redux redux
October Wrasslin |OT| What's "cool" about Dean Ambrose?
October Wrasslin |OT| What's the best PPV to show a first date?
October Wrasslin |OT| Wrassle for the Cure
October Wrasslin |OT| Lunatic Fringe, Seth Continuum, Battlestar GalactiCena
October Wrasslin |OT| We Got Some Big Shows Ahead of Us
October Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk is the Most Over Diva in Years
October Wrasslin |OT| #Queens #Kings and #Everything in #Between
October Wrasslin |OT| It's Not Reigning, It's Boring, The Old Marks are Snoring

Sephzilla

October Wrasslin |OT| World's Finest
October Wrasslin |OT| ...Who?
October Wrasslin |OT| Total Divas
October Wrasslin |OT| Embrace the H8 Redux redux
October Wrasslin |OT| What's "cool" about Dean Ambrose?
October Wrasslin |OT| What's the best PPV to show a first date?
October Wrasslin |OT| Wrassle for the Cure
October Wrasslin |OT| Lunatic Fringe, Seth Continuum, Battlestar GalactiCena
October Wrasslin |OT| We Got Some Big Shows Ahead of Us
October Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk is the Most Over Diva in Years
October Wrasslin |OT| #Queens #Kings and #Everything in #Between
October Wrasslin |OT| It's Not Reigning, It's Boring, The Old Marks are Snoring

October Wrasslin |OT| See you at Halloween Havoc for $9.99

Top Bottom