• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

i need to get a roman avatar

its time
Ah may I recommend this fine avatar maybe clean it up and make it transparent
tumblr_static_tumblr_mxzb4brklp1qc5dqao3_1280.jpg

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 10/9/95

• Sting vs The Shark WCW US Championship
  • SABU vs Mr. JL
  • Big Bubba Rogers vs Hawk
  • Ric Flair vs Arn Anderson Steel Cage Match

Justin Roberts makes his televised debut. Hulk Hogan turns to the dark side. Disco dances a lot, has a boom box with his music play when someone else's music comes on, puts a hat on Hawk's spikes, and gets beat up by Hawk. Sting puts Macho and Lex in their place. Chris Benoit is the recipient of the first ever BUT WHO WAS LIMO in Nitro history.

Next week has Eddie vs Benoit.

i9CSrlAp8E9gj.gif

iT6FGfWTwpAmn.gif

njean777

So what matches are set for NOC? I didn't watch smack down at all this week and skimmed through raw. Just waiting for Dean to come back :/

Please blow the thread up with minimum 2 full pages of disgust and horror when they botch the Michael Sam situation, so I'll know it actually happened. Gonna need you to have my back, WrassleGAF.

somedevil

So what matches are set for NOC? I didn't watch smack down at all this week and skimmed through raw. Just waiting for Dean to come back :/

Right Now:

Brock vs Cena
Swagger vs Bo
Cesaro vs Sheamus
Miz vs Dolph Ziggler
Rusev vs Mark Henry
Dust Brothers vs Usos
Aj vs Paige
Nikki vs Brie

Then we could have Jericho vs Bray and Possibly Reigns vs Members of the authority.

Its kinda of funny how after Dean left the raws have become bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE loves to book Cena to be everything. Like people will compare Cena to Rock or Hogan or whatever, but the truth of the matter is WWE will try to book Cena as EVERYTHING.

Stone Cold? John Cena.
The Rock? John Cena
Hulk Hogan? John Cena
Andre the Giant? You guess it, John Cena.

They'll never understand why fans won't believe Cena is anything but a company man. Its too bad, because the Authority is a pretty good redux of Mr McMahon, with Trips and Steph adding their own flavor. There just isn't a believable Austin type anti hero on the roster to make it work, it sure is hell is not John Cena.

Well it was Daniel Bryan, but he got hurt unfortunately.

Ambrose would be great to go against The Authority too. But god dammit, we're getting Roman Reigns and we're gonna like it!

It's like WWE missed the point of Punk calling Cena the "New York Yankees/dynasty" of WWE before their match at Money in the Bank a few years ago

You could make an argument that Cena could be the "way in over his head" good guy in this whole storyline and rushing for a rematch is his downfall ala Apollo Creed in Rocky IV. Except you need a Rocky to fill that role and we know who'll that will be. You better believe that.

It's Cena.

This quote from lordsofpain sums it up:

"I'd compare watching Raw nowadays to spending a night with a hooker.

At the end of the night I feel cheap, dirty, and unsatisfied."

You could make an argument that Cena could be the "way in over his head" good guy in this whole storyline and rushing for a rematch is his downfall ala Apollo Creed in Rocky IV. Except you need a Rocky to fill that role and we know who'll that will be. You better believe that.

It's Cena.

That angle doesn't work because then the Authority are the good guys that are saving John from ruining himself for real. But we're supposed to believe that they are the bad guys.

njean777

Just Vince in his PT Barnum exploitation mode again. Its probably going to be Michael Sam-dow who shows up.

They'll never understand why fans won't believe Cena is anything but a company man. Its too bad, because the Authority is a pretty good redux of Mr McMahon, with Trips and Steph adding their own flavor. There just isn't a believable Austin type anti hero on the roster to make it work, it sure is hell is not John Cena.

Have you heard of this Dean Ambrose? He is the perfect Austin type to do just this, but they are trying their hardest to push Reigns.

That angle doesn't work because then the Authority are the good guys that are saving John from ruining himself for real. But we're supposed to believe that they are the bad guys.

But isn't that what the Authority is doing in the first place? Protecting John Cena?

Reigns is Luger if Luger hadn't jumped ship.

Further cementing Bret/Bryan comparisons even further. Tell me I'm wrong, I want to explore this.

Its amazing how bad WWE given how much talent they actually have on the roster. Its all wasted, the past decade or so has been wasted.

Going over the results now it really seems as if the wwe is acting desperate for no particular reason. Cena exposure is reaching maximum overload

Reigns is Luger if Luger hadn't jumped ship.

Nah, they jumped ship on Luger. He was actually taped with the belt for the Raw after WM X, then they changed their minds and decided not to go with him, which led to Bret getting the title. I don't think the same will happen with Roman unless the fans completely shit on him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess I don't have the love for The Authority that you guys do. They cut fine promos, but they have nowhere near the commitment to kayfabe that Vince had.

'Here's Stephanie McMahon, oh she's so evil! BTW there's her cute daughters sitting at ringside which she goes over to hug SO EVIL'
'Here's Triple H, oh he won't let Bryan wrestle, he's so evil! BTW if Bryan kept wrestling in this condition, he could end his career forever. SO EVIL!'

Top Bottom