• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
#TNAtion is feeling good now that it is confirmed that Impact>Raw+Smackdown
We were always right brothers, it has just taken the rubes time to catch on to this fact.

DMczaf

Watching this DX Monday Night Wars, of course they have Cena come on when the "families were beginning to get upset about their antics" segment started.

strobogo

Banned
I have an idea for the next movie gif.

You know the scene in ANOES 1 where Tiny pulls off Freddy's face? That, but instead of the bloody skeleton face is a bloody Ric Flair face. And I can do it. It will just take a long time.

TNA can't be any worse than the last two RAWs, even if i was unimpressed when i watched it last time.

let's see...

10629760_10152447196631026_8793759458047874948_n.jpg
10628347_10152447196541026_77147141005997251_n.jpg

994475_10152447196711026_3219464626360781781_n.jpg
10376908_10152447196786026_6937770806032847549_n.jpg

ehhhh whatever i'll give it a fair shot

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Has this been posted? Another fan posted an account of that sign guy getting kicked out, and he tells a very different story.

"The “fan” was not thrown out over the sign. He wasn’t even asked about the sign with WCW on it. He was asked about another of his five signs that had a hashtag on it. He was told first not to hold that particular sign up again. He did, so it was confiscated. He was so intoxicated that he didn’t even know which sign the security guard wanted, and handed him three. His entire group were wasted well before the show even started.

Later security approached him again because he was being obnoxious. He and his group were screaming at the top of their lungs, directly into the ears of the kid in front of them, during times when nothing was going on and the rest of the crowd was basically quiet. They were screaming the wrong chants at the wrong wrestlers, again when the rest of the crowd was silent. It just got to a boiling point with several people around them. So security came over, and told them to knock it off or get kicked out.

They left VERY close to the end of the show, during the main event, of their own free will. I saw no one actually kick them out. If they sought out the security guards after leaving, I didn’t see that either.

Just thought I’d clarify that WWE was not in the wrong in this one. They were making the show a miserable experience for everyone around them. My brother and I were right next to them the whole time, and it really dragged the show down for me."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/507527-wcw-nitro-sign-guy-ejected-from-raw

I can't tell what's worse, sitting all night next to a bunch of drunk and screaming smarks, or having to actually witness last night's raw live and in person. Both sound horrifying.

TNA can't be any worse than the last two RAWs, even if i was unimpressed when i watched it last time.

let's see...

I don't even watch impact but jesus how long has gail kim been knockouts champion? She seems to always have the title everytime I see anything tna related.

I don't even watch impact but jesus how long has gail kim been knockouts champion? She seems to always have the title everytime I see anything tna related.

Only for a few months, but she's on her 4th reign. Madison Rayne and Angelina Love held the title earlier this year as well.

Vylash

god i just watched December To Dismember for reasons that escape me, Big Show was even more of a disgusting slob than I remember, also jesus christ was Ariel always that hot?

I would also like to commend friend Aiii and friend Plywood for their impeccable taste in avatars

Despite all this great talent they have, a guy who if they pushed correctly could be huge (Ambrose) and other things we still get crap with the Bellas and more talented women on the roster taking a back seat to their stupid angle because they're the "stars" of Total Divas and in Brie's case siphoning heat off her husband. That car accident story was beyond stupid but I guess not surprising given the hacks that write this crap.

Then there's lame ass Super Cena shit, I guess at least Adam Rose wasn't a part of a backstage shill segment, $9.99 $9.99 $9.99! WWE's shameless attempt of a publicity stunt at the end that's already blown up in their faces was pure embarrassing carny shit. Oh and Jerry Springer next week! Is it 1998?

I'd say I'm done but I'll just be back next week out of habit.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I was so hoping Paige and AJ would just kick the shit out of the Bella's when they where both in the ring. Was so disappointed I had to skip the 3 or 4 segments they had, I don't know what the WWE's motive is to push these 2 so much... maybe Stephanie just wants to be on camera more.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I was so hoping Paige and AJ would just kick the shit out of the Bella's when they where both in the ring. Was so disappointed I had to skip the 3 or 4 segments they had, I don't know what the WWE's motive is to push these 2 so much... maybe Stephanie just wants to be on camera more.
Here's my take on it:

It's a great way to utilize some of the divas. Sure some people here don't like the Bella's, but Brie gets to make the crowd a part of it because of her connection to Daniel Bryan and while the twin feud isn't great it is serviceable and it gives them something to do while playing up Steph's character.

Now going to Steph, I hope her wrasslin role is kept to a limited capacity and only used for PPV's special events and teasing matches at said special events. They obviously already teased one said match with CM Punk holding the belt and looking at Steph.

Now there's probably going to be some interplay with all the divas involved in this segment, maybe a triple threat where CM Punk, Nikki and Paige take each other on and Brie pulls shenanigans to prevent Nikki from winning while Punk gets the belt. Which leads to upsetting Steph and boom, big Steph match time again.

I'm so sorry for the logical fantasy booking at the end.

I doubt any Steph match would be for the title, though. I'd think that CM Punk gets the big match with Steph while Brie wins the title from either Paige or Nikki, come Wrestlemania

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So it's the run up for this

The Bella Twins are about to get some family management advice from a third-party.

Jerry Springer has been confirmed to moderate a discussion between the estranged "Total Divas" stars on the season premiere of Monday Night Raw in Baltimore on Sept. 8. The Bellas, as the WWE Universe knows, have been at vicious odds since Nikki turned on her twin sister Brie at SummerSlam. Recent weeks have seen Nikki demean her sister at every turn and go so far as to slander her reputation in "Growing Up Bella" vignettes that exposed Brie's alleged childhood secrets.

That or the WWE are planning a Bella show that's a knock off of the Kardashians or some shit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I doubt any Steph match would be for the title, though. I'd think that CM Punk gets the big match with Steph while Brie wins the title from either Paige or Nikki, come Wrestlemania
I don't know friend I could see Brie winning the title from Steph at Wrestlemania. Just imagine this:

irVKmVkcYpr0u.gif

meppi

let's see...

994475_10152447196711026_3219464626360781781_n.jpg

The fuck?! What the hell happened to the X-Division? Holy shit.
Been a couple of years since I watched TNA... yeah, this certainly won't make me return anytime soon.

TNA: Where carnies still matter!

Aiii

So not worth it
Brodus Clay's YouShoot is funny as fuck. All these terrible questions and he's mocking them. Especially the video ones, he keeps cracking jokes about the nerds on them.

There's an entire section dedicated to "Mr and Mrs. Brooks", where it's just him saying nice things about AJ and CM Punk and how Punk leaving is between him and WWE and stuff. Then there's a segment on Total Divas, where all he says is nice things about those girls and then says nice things about Vinny. And then there's the question how the fuck JTG was employed for so long where he says nice things about JTG. Then there's the question about ring rats where he says that there are no more ring rats and just people that want their toys signed. Then there's the downright idiotic Divas questions like "do the Bella's really shit on guys like Tony Atlas said?" and Brodus is like "WHAT? NO" or "Who's the most sexually addicted diva who flirts all the time?" and he's like "What? Nobody ever did that with me. Oh wait, Wendi Richter once asked me how I was doing." Then he has to pick the best ass in WWE, or rather a top 5 (which was all Naomi) and the guy asks if Paige even ranks and he's "SHE'S A CHILD! You have to be 23 for me to even look at you. Just court stuff" Or there's the question about who has the biggest dick in the locker room and he says "I don't fucking know." Then someone asks him he worked for Snoop Dogg who's a pothead and who's the biggest pothead in the lockerroom and Brodus goes "Snoop Dogg... He's on the alumni list." There's the what's in the bag stuff which is basically fake poo and a bunch of drugs along with a black dildo and Brodus just shakes his head a bunch of times and names Yoshi Tatsu for half of them lol. He goes into detail about the time he might have, maybe, may or may not have been involved in a hotel trashing in Germany which is downright amazing. Apparently Damien Sandow is great at pretending he's watched your match and giving feedback on it. Also Sandow would drive slow on purpose to piss Santino off enough that he would drive instead. Santino has asked for a Ghetto-pass to call him "Nigga", but Brodus wouldn't give it to him, but then he lost his phone in the Toronto airport once and had Santino pick it up, so in return Santino asked for three passes and got it.

Comedy gold this guy. His deadpan jokes are so good.

Also, he really doesn't like Hornswoggle.

Aiii

So not worth it
Would you call it Ultimate Despair?

Of course nobody will get this reference because you aren't playing one of the best Vita games ever.

Hasney

Goddamn. WM30 seems so long ago and reminds me that we've really only had 4 weeks of generally good Raw and PPVs in a row. It just went straight back to shit after WM.

Hasney

I got bored of buying Vita games because Plus has been depressing recently and when there has been a good game, I already own it.

I may breakdown and buy the original when it's on sale though as I do really want to play it.

Really enjoyed JR's conversation with Stan Hansen on the Ross Report this week - they cover Stan's early days in football and getting into the business, plus his memories of working Mid-South and the second half is focussed on Stan's career in Japan and how it all came about, but they never dwell on anything for too long, just sounds like two old friends reminiscing about a fantastic time in wrestling and all the amazing talent that was around back then. Well worth a listen

Joeki11a

Banned
What is Phil Brooks up to these days?
this clown doesnt realize Y2J is on his spot

where he is the main event realm seeking
a title shot, come back you clown thats your
spot.

Top Bottom