• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

I've found the best way to approach gaming is to avoid the 'gaming culture' 'gaming media' 'gaming whatever' shit. And just buy the games you want. Not spend all day protesting things and participating in discussions that go in circles and literally go nowhere.

Apply that to all media and you'll be a happy camper

Does AJ have any birthmarks that can be circled and enlarged for confirmation?

Eyebrows and bags under eyes also match a gif of her I have plus ears match. I didn't do this much detective work until people doubted the photo. I have conclusive evidence when matching her up to different photos now to know it's her.

It's not hard to make gamers come together. All I had to do was make a thread about gaming gifs. Everyone loves gifs, WrassleGaf taught me that.

...WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Bobo done crossed the line

only-those-who-will-risk-going-too-far.gif

Wow finished the Jericho/HHH podcast today. It was damn good.

I used to hate HHH for years but I've changed my tune considerably after listening to that interview. Dude loves pro wrestling and has dedicated his life to the business. I always had the idea he married into his position in the WWE but after listening to him talk candidly it sounds as if Vince was looking for HHH to have a bigger role backstage for years. I had no idea that the performance center was his idea. I knew he was overseeing the project but had no idea he saw it through from the pitch stage to where it is now. The man has one of the best Vince impressions I've heard, very very subtle.

Definitely worth a listen even if you aren't really a fan of Jericho's podcast. I find his shows hit or miss for the most part but this one is great. I actually like HHH now and take back all the nasty shit I said about him on message boards in the early 2000s.
He beat Booker T to retain his title at Wrestlemania after one of their most racist storylines ever. Come on.

strobogo

Banned
its all fun and games until gaming side posts one of their bastardizations of stro's legendary vince .gif

I didn't make that gif.

I would like to make a gif of HHH doing the Teddy Long dance after making it a tag team match playa and then leaving to Teddy's music.

Alucard

Banned
I'm recording Bellator on DVR tonight just to see Lashley. I've never been tempted at all to watch MMA, but this has done it.

strobogo

Banned
First time watching a full show of Smackdown in years. I can see why no one gives a fuck about it. The lack of energy is palpable. I don't understand it. All the 80s shows were taped and didn't feel so lifeless. A lot of some of the hottest Raws were taped and didn't feel like it. Smackdown just feels like a SyFy original version of a WWE show.

Dick Murdoch vs Akira Maeda - (NJPW 1987/09/14)

Really enjoyed this one, unsurprisingly. Maeda's a bit of a prick in 1987 and this match is just two months before the infamous shoot where Maeda was fired from New Japan for breaking Riki Choshu's face. Suffice to say, he's hitting pretty hard with his kicks right from the start, but Murdoch can more than take it. The crowd are firmly behind Maeda, but are repeatedly applauding and gasping in surprise as Dick shows off his less often seen amateur wrestling skills. There's a great moment where things spill to the floor but, as Maeda charges, Murdoch begs off and uncharacteristically insists they take the match back in the ring. Later, Murdoch's out on the floor for a teased 20 count and the crowd break from chanting for Maeda to chant for Murdoch, as they don't want to see the match end that way. Ultimately, brawling, pissed off Captain Redneck takes one too many stiff kicks from Maeda and things break down, but the finish isn't any less satisfying for it. Murdoch rules.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wow finished the Jericho/HHH podcast today. It was damn good.

I used to hate HHH for years but I've changed my tune considerably after listening to that interview. Dude loves pro wrestling and has dedicated his life to the business. I always had the idea he married into his position in the WWE but after listening to him talk candidly it sounds as if Vince was looking for HHH to have a bigger role backstage for years. I had no idea that the performance center was his idea. I knew he was overseeing the project but had no idea he saw it through from the pitch stage to where it is now. The man has one of the best Vince impressions I've heard, very very subtle.

Definitely worth a listen even if you aren't really a fan of Jericho's podcast. I find his shows hit or miss for the most part but this one is great. I actually like HHH now and take back all the nasty shit I said about him on message boards in the early 2000s.
No one has ever denied that HHH loves wrestling. He's obsessed with it. Dude just politicked his ass off and kept others down.

strobogo

Banned
Bellator using TNA highlights to sell Lashley. This is amazing.

UFC used WWE highlights to sell Bork when he first came in. I specifically remember seeing Spike and Spanky get mauled.

Dick Murdoch vs Akira Maeda - (NJPW 1987/09/14)

Really enjoyed this one, unsurprisingly. Maeda's a bit of a prick in 1987 and this match is just two months before the infamous shoot where Maeda was fired from New Japan for breaking Riki Choshu's face. Suffice to say, he's hitting pretty hard with his kicks right from the start, but Murdoch can more than take it. The crowd are firmly behind Maeda, but are repeatedly applauding and gasping in surprise as Dick shows off his less often seen amateur wrestling skills. There's a great moment where things spill to the floor but, as Maeda charges, Murdoch begs off and uncharacteristically insists they take the match back in the ring. Later, Murdoch's out on the floor for a teased 20 count and the crowd break from chanting for Maeda to chant for Murdoch, as they don't want to see the match end that way. Ultimately, brawling, pissed off Captain Redneck takes one too many stiff kicks from Maeda and things break down, but the finish isn't any less satisfying for it. Murdoch rules.

This was part of my last Inoki Era project. I watched it and had it reviewed and giffed and in the morning it was all dead. I thought it was weird and the styles clash was too much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First time watching a full show of Smackdown in years. I can see why no one gives a fuck about it. The lack of energy is palpable. I don't understand it. All the 80s shows were taped and didn't feel so lifeless. A lot of some of the hottest Raws were taped and didn't feel like it. Smackdown just feels like a SyFy original version of a WWE show.

Umm, you forgot the best example possible. Smackdown was taped throughout its entire period of being the premiere WWE show.

I thought it was weird and the styles clash was too much.

I'd say a lot of that's on Maeda - his most compelling moments in the match were when he'd had the tables turned on him and had to find some way to escape or counter a hold, but there were only a couple of those and he was throwing kicks for the majority.

Top Bottom