• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

SaneVengefulAzurevase.gif

strobogo

Banned
WWE should probably try to run advertisements for the Network outside of their programming. For people who might not know about it. Not repeatedly shill to the audience that already has it.

WWE should probably try to run advertisements for the Network outside of their programming. For people who might not know about it. Not repeatedly shill to the audience that already has it.

They did that already. I saw tons of commercials for it on other Networks when it was new.

Lashley didn't really put on a good performance but he won so whatever. A better opponent and he'd have been toast.

They did before Summerslam, but noone gives a fuck about their product other than people that watch it and obviously not enough of them give a fuck to drop 9.99 a month when they can watch the clips they want on youtube of Attitude era and WCW, most of which aren't available on the network that promises such content.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Meltzer shooting on that Monday Night War episode:

Haha.
Nothing has been as overhyped as the "DX invades WCW" angle.

When I was a kid watching, I didn't even understand what they were doing, and I was mad that it took away time from Stone Cold/Rock/etc. No one was talking about that thing, but the WWE now wants you to believe that it blew everyone's mind.

So is it normal for MMA fights to be bloody messes like that or is it just part of the charm of whatever backwater company Lashley is working for?

Nothing has been as overhyped as the "DX invades WCW" angle.

When I was a kid watching, I didn't even understand what they were doing, and I was mad that it took away time from Stone Cold/Rock/etc. No one was talking about that thing, but the WWE now wants you to believe that it blew everyone's mind.
I remember people talking about DX imitating the Nation than anything about the Tank. I've seen that fucking Tank 10,000 times. I don't need to see it ever again. It was kind of cool the first time I saw it on the Monday Night War DVD from 2002. That's it.

Heel

Bellator just went full sports entertainment with a shoot interview and unmasking between Stephan Bonnar and Tito Ortiz. What in the actual fuck?

Bw0Fv1yCAAAWv1W.jpg

Bellator just went full sports entertainment with a shoot interview and unmasking between Stephan Bonnar and Tito Ortiz. What in the actual fuck?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw0Fv1yCAAAWv1W.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

I have no idea what's going on in that pic, but it doesn't look FnP in the slightest.

DiscoJon

Banned
I'm at the first High School Football game of the season with one of the bands I teach. It's 2 minutes until the second period and we are already down 28-0. This must be how the Cenation felt 6 suplexes into the Brock match. :(

Raw64life

Meltzer shooting on that Monday Night War episode:

Haha.

Just finished watching that episode just now. It was ridiculous. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley. All mere footnotes in the Monday Night War in the wake of DX DX DX DX DX DX DX DX.

somedevil

Just finished watching that episode just now. It was ridiculous. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley. All mere footnotes in the Monday Night War in the wake of DX DX DX DX DX DX DX DX.

You know they are doing a whole episode on Mick Foley next right? So are you going to complain about how those guys are footnotes in the wake of Mick Foley when they trumpet him up huge for turning the company around?

Omega

Banned
to be fair, they seem to be dedicating an episode to a certain group/period. the other guys will hopefully get their own episode.

also you can't really hate on DX. that tank segment may be overhyped, but X-Pac actually gets cheered. To act like DX wasn't a big deal is kind of foolish if they were able to make fucking XPac a fan favorite.

strobogo

Banned
LOL at the complete lack of response from that reveal. Those fans weren't buying that shit for as second.

Street Fighter (1994) is dope. Very fun. Very playful. Might be the pinnacle of dumb 90s action movies.

DiscoJon

Banned
48-0 at the half. As soon as my bands done doing the halftime show I'm outta here. Gonna do some heavy drinking tonight, friends.

Raw64life

You know they are doing a whole episode on Mick Foley next right? So are you going to complain about how those guys are footnotes in the wake of Mick Foley when they trumpet him up huge for turning the company around?

Why would you assume I would know that? Where is an episode list for the series?

Top Bottom