• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 11/27/95

• Johnny B. Badd vs DDP WCW Television Championship
  • Cutie Suzuki/Mayumi Ozaki vs Bull Nakano/Akira Hotuko
  • Hulk Hogan vs Hugh Morrus
  • Arn Anderson/Brian Pillman vs Sting/Lex Luger

If you ever had any doubts about Hulk being a piece of shit, WW3 and this show should put them to bed. He's such a miserable cunt who can't be happy for his friend and is just being a raging asshole, still saying the belt is his and throwing a fit over how he lost at HH and WW3. Then he interrupts Macho's first promo as champion to say the same shit, only for Giant to lay Macho out and Hulk to not only beat up Giant, but beat him all the way to the back, all while Macho was down and out on the floor. Macho, the new champion is taken out with one move, while Hulk beats Giant more and easier than he had in the past 3 months.

But there is good news: The fans are turning on him pretty hard. HUGH MORRUS got face pops against him. And it is deserved, because Hulk has been a massive dick head to all of his friends for the past 4 months. Unrelated to Hulk, but there has still yet to be a show with all Four Horsemen together. I mean, they were kind of at WW3, but Benoit has been in the group for weeks and hasn't been seen with the other 3 once. Even during an Arn/Pillman tag match where Flair runs in.

Also AWOL: Harlem Heat and the tag team championships (haven't been on Nitro since the night after Fall Brawl), the US Championship (hasn't been seen on the program in about 2 months, even when Sting was champion and on the show each week, hasn't been defended on Nitro since late September I believe), Dean Malenko, Alex Wright, the Blue Bloods (who haven't wrestled on Nitro at all, but did make an appearance on the fan voting show), Buck and Slater, the Nasty Boys (thankfully). I'm not sure I understand a lot of the booking practices for Nitro.

DMczaf

Re-watching Ciclope/Dean Malenko at Slamboree 98.

If you watch him during the entire battle royale, this motherfucker is so deep into character. Doing Kevin Nash hairflips and everything. #thatmotherfucker

actually Ramen Reigns needs the spine buster way more than Brock, I don't know what the deal is with that guy and his moveset issues.

tm24

Re-watching Ciclope/Dean Malenko at Slamboree 98.

If you watch him during the entire battle royale, this motherfucker is so deep into character. Doing Kevin Nash hairflips and everything. #thatmotherfucker

it took me years to figure out the El Grillo was the actual Ciclope. And yes, that Ciclope call is great

Just watched Halloween Havoc 97 and I totally didn't remember that Yuji Nagata was in WCW for a while. A very short while. I was also a huge Ultimo Dragon mark back in the day and that's who he was fueding with at the time. It was a good match.

Just post about it in the #GamerGate thread. Make some brief on-topic comment and then do one of these, "Oh by the way, I'm getting this error message bla, bla, bla".

ghostmind

Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but NJPW will still be on USTREAM for the Destruction iPPVs. So far the Kobe event (09/21) is listed ($25), but I would expect the Okayama event (09/23) will be on iPPV as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but NJPW will still be on USTREAM for the Destruction iPPVs. So far the Kobe event (09/21) is listed ($25), but I would expect the Okayama event (09/23) will be on iPPV as well.

That's good, from what I understand Ustream is only dropping the processing/payment parts of their service. They state you can still stream your PPV's there and have them secured behind a paywall, but you need to link your own paywall to their streaming service. I reckon they worked with their partners to help set them up with this stuff.

I hope the rumors of the English announce-team for Wrestle Kingdom 9 are gonna be true, because that would be great. So far I haven't been able to watch any of that stuff live because I have to keep my attention to it all the time, instead of being able to second screen it in the background (seeing as New Japan airs during work hours). Fingers crossed.

Dragon Gate iPPV tomorrow;

9/9/2014 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall - USTREAM

http://www.ustream.tv/dragonGate $14.99

0. K-ness, Super Shisa vs. Yosuke♡Santa Maria, Yuga Hayashi
1. Uhaa Nation, Shachihoko BOY vs. Jimmy Kagetora, "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
2. Punch Tominaga vs. Don Fujii
3. Summer Adventure Tag League - B Block: T-Hawk, Eita vs. CIMA, Gamma
4. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Kzy
5. BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid vs. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi
6. Jimmyz vs. MAD BLANKEY Loser Revives Survival Instant Comeback Captain's Fall Elimination Match: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu
*Captains will be decided at bell time

I think the Okayama event is Samurai TV only, unfortunately - it's airing on a 24hr delay as well, as they chose to show the NOAH event live instead.

Aiii said:
That's good, from what I understand Ustream is only dropping the processing/payment parts of their service. They state you can still stream your PPV's there and have them secured behind a paywall, but you need to link your own paywall to their streaming service. I reckon they worked with their partners to help set them up with this stuff.

Yeah, they'll need to set up their own paywall - the fact that this show's still available through Ustream directly suggests they haven't sorted that out yet, but if ROH can do it I see no reason why New Japan can't.

Yeah, they'll need to set up their own paywall - the fact that this show's still available through Ustream directly suggests they haven't sorted that out yet, but if ROH can do it I see no reason why New Japan can't.

The word is that they are looking at using the same payment handling company that ROH is using. The ROH-NJPW relationship is getting stronger by the day.

The word is that they are looking at using the same payment handling company that ROH is using. The ROH-NJPW relationship is getting stronger by the day.

Good to hear, I hope there's more talent exchange as well - the ROH title's meant to be defended at Wrestle Kingdom. Crazy to think we might see a Jay Briscoe singles match at the biggest show of the year in Japan, unless Adam Cole beats him for the belt at Final Battle.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's good news, the partnership is great for all involved, esp. with WWE buying up almost all the best indie guys for their dev center it's good that they're forming a block where talent has plenty of exposure and pay compared to what WWE is offering.

Plus all those cool dream matches, doesn't suck either.

Speaking of, time to watch Total Divas, hopefully find some time for ROH this afternoon. Haven't watched any WWE last week aside from NXT, hopefully Raw is good tonight, given they want to go all-out against the NFL.

Top Bottom