• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Aiii

So not worth it
vlcsnap-2014-09-08-11kxjm2.png

Somebody should tell them that this might not be the best entrance pose.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So you guys are watching Total Divas? Alright, I never want to see any of you ask 'Why is Rosa Mendes still employed' from this point onwards.

Alucard

Banned
The first nine minutes of the JR Hansen podcast is just JR shilling and saying "Hey, thanks for spreading the word, folks. We're awesome and it's because of you."

Yeah, it's a hell of a lot of shilling - I just skipped through to the interview, 30 minutes in, iirc. Funny how Colt's podcast probably has the least amount of shilling compared to the big-time guys.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, it's a hell of a lot of shilling - I just skipped through to the interview, 30 minutes in, iirc. Funny how Colt's podcast probably has the least amount of shilling compared to the big-time guys.

"I'm just drinking my peach iced tea from Sonic. They're an Oklahoma company. I think they should sponsor me. Oklahoma connection. But hey, what do I know? Please sponsor me, Sonic."

Alucard

Banned
Don't know if it was posted, but Impact last week scored a .88 rating last week and hit past a million viewers. 18 percent increase from the previous week. So it looks like people are finding it and remembering to watch it again.

Alucard

Banned
The Stan Hansen interview doesn't start until the 36-minute mark of JR's podcast. 36 minutes of JR rambling about anything and everything.

-"Miz COULD BE the next Paul Heyman. Or a Bobby Heenan-like figure."

Sure, JR.

I see Elgin was stripped of the AIW title because he didn't get his visa papers sorted and can't work in the US for 90 days. Tim Donst beat Josh Alexander to crown the new champion, pleased for Donst - he's done well to break out from CHIKARA, would definitely like to see him booked more places.

Also, YOSHI-HASHI's match with Yujiro at Destruction in Okayama has been made a NEVER title match, while Destruction in Kobe has been shuffled around to make Anderson & Gallows vs Okada & YOSHI for the tag titles.

Aiii

So not worth it
Young Bucks vs. ReDragon was great. As expected. Entire PPV delivered, I really loved the production of this PPV, they had some really great camera angles this time around. Well done ROH, more of this.

Jay Briscoe becoming champ, I dunno how to feel about that. I am still sour on the guy for being a major jackass homophobe, I can't move past it. Hearing him cheered is, I dunno, it's just weird. Boo that fucker, boo his redneck ass.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 12/3/95

• American Males vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Sting vs Kurasawa
  • Scott Norton vs The Giant
  • Lex Luger vs Randy Savage WCW Championship

A show pretty much entirely carried by the Sting/Lex angle, which is fine by me because it is one of the most interesting angles WCW ever did. It's probably as ground breaking as the nWo, in a lot of ways. It's the first and really only angle that I can remember where two guys stayed friends and team mates despite being on different sides. Hulk continues to be an asshole, this time accidentally hitting Sting and then getting mad and ready to fight Sting 3 seconds later when Sting was mad about it. Instead of trying to apologize or say it was an accident. And then he'd get on the mic and shit on Sting some more. This era of Hogan is a bigger cunt than Hollywood Hogan.

Next week has Sting/Hogan vs Arn/Flair. But how will Sting and Hogan coexist and are their issues really behind them? Find out next week!

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty great Vinny Mac, Rosa is a nice addition. Nikki and Brie shit was tuned down and not that big a part of the show this week, which was great. Eva Marie's family was back, which was awesome.

No Vinny though, that was dissapointing.

I was at All Star Extravaganza. Great event but I was stuck sitting next to the most obnoxious wrestling smark who has ever existed. This is the type of guy who is trying to start a "This is Awesome" match two minutes into the match. He's the type of guy who wants everyone else to know that he knows that Jay Lethal was Black Machismo, like no one else fucking knows that.

Ah!

Again, great event. I have to remember not to sit on the floor for wrestling events though as I pretty much missed all the big spots that took place out of the ring. The only screen they had set up is the 40" one you see on the entrances. They need something else so that the people on the floor can see some of the action happening outside of the ring. A lot of people in my section were starting to loose interest when the Elgin match and the Bucs/redDragon match went outside the ring.

So glad Elgin lost. He just seems a little boring to me.

Best live matches were Lethal vs. Alexander and the four way tag match. The entire card put on a good show though.

Again, great event. I have to remember not to sit on the floor for wrestling events though as I pretty much missed all the big spots that took place out of the ring. The only screen they had set up is the 40" one you see on the entrances. They need something else so that the people on the floor can see some of the action happening outside of the ring.

They had a big tron for the PPV, but all it did was show the logo of the show, really. I don't think they're really equipped crew wise to have all that stuff.

Hasney

I pretty much follow Total Divas through Tumblr. The gifs are worth it and I know what's happening.

tumblr_nbkmsmmHop1sxmf6fo2_250.gif

Why was Michael Cole not mediating?

Aiii

So not worth it
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tyson Kidd just isn't a fit for WWE in any way and should move on. He'll never be anything in WWE beyond where he is now.

Alucard

Banned
Young Bucks vs. ReDragon was great. As expected. Entire PPV delivered, I really loved the production of this PPV, they had some really great camera angles this time around. Well done ROH, more of this.

Jay Briscoe becoming champ, I dunno how to feel about that. I am still sour on the guy for being a major jackass homophobe, I can't move past it. Hearing him cheered is, I dunno, it's just weird. Boo that fucker, boo his redneck ass.

Yeah, I also find it hard to move past those comments. Makes it hard to cheer him as champ, or cheer for him at all.

Hasney

Tyson Kidd just isn't a fit for WWE in any way and should move on. He'll never be anything in WWE beyond where he is now.

But I enjoy him in NXT even though I have no qualms if he's never called back up, just keep him on that show.

I mean he's 34, unless he has ambitions to do anything else (New Japan probably being the only fit for him if they have an interest), he may as well become an NXT regular and transition into being a coach there.

Showaddy

I know getting paid a solid wage is great and all but when you're in your mid 30's and they relegate you down to their development show they're probably trying to tell you something.

Median

I was at All Star Extravaganza. Great event but I was stuck sitting next to the most obnoxious wrestling smark who has ever existed. This is the type of guy who is trying to start a "This is Awesome" match two minutes into the match. He's the type of guy who wants everyone else to know that he knows that Jay Lethal was Black Machismo, like no one else fucking knows that.

Ah!

Again, great event. I have to remember not to sit on the floor for wrestling events though as I pretty much missed all the big spots that took place out of the ring. The only screen they had set up is the 40" one you see on the entrances. They need something else so that the people on the floor can see some of the action happening outside of the ring. A lot of people in my section were starting to loose interest when the Elgin match and the Bucs/redDragon match went outside the ring.

So glad Elgin lost. He just seems a little boring to me.

Best live matches were Lethal vs. Alexander and the four way tag match. The entire card put on a good show though.

It felt like there were a couple of those guys there, but there was a loud smark up in general admission that just wouldn't shut up. He was funny at first but the more he screamed, the worse it was. It looked like Roderick Strong wanted to murder him during their match.

I had the same floor problem too. I gave up getting up for mat spots near the end, it just wasn't worth it.

Good show though! Way better venue than the ROH/NJPW show a little while back.

Top Bottom