• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Monday night raw has long been relegated to "that thing I put on the tv in the basement gym of my apartment complex". But even this week it might not make the cut as I decide to load in some shitty p90x workout or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at a crossroads of either watching raw or creating sims for the Sims 3/4.

You should make Vince, Steph, Linda, Shane, and Trips and force them to live in the same mansion with each other.

strobogo

Banned
By Halloween movies do you mean just scary movies or the Michael Myers ones? Because I have a soft spot for those

Myers.

ibdl3uj1tnb6kx.gif

He's just being held down, Vince. Because he's small. Small guys always get held down in WWE. Fucking Levesque.

I don't understand the butthurt over wanting huge guys. It's a carnival of larger than life humans doing crazy athletic shit. Why is it so bad to want people who ARE larger than life?

Because we need to invent underdogs to root for in the wrestling fan's favorite form of sports entertainment: pro wrestling backstage politics.

wow bitter much?

strobogo

Banned
iigtDRYUNS1sp.gif

So ends my journey into dream land. It's been a few years since I went back and watched them. They all have their merits and it is the GOAT horror franchise. I gave my FvJ DVD away a long time ago and the remake sucked, so that's it.

I can only find Halloween 1, 2, and 5. Which means I'll probably only do 1 and 2 because 5 has no redeeming qualities at all. I have American Psycho around here somewhere, which is just begging for a Legitshook business card.

They should be. It gets bigger and bigger every single year. I might not have that connection like I do with wrestling, but I will always skip wrestling if there is a Texans game or a match up I like on TV.

Do you have a Nielsen box?

iigtDRYUNS1sp.gif

So ends my journey into dream land. It's been a few years since I went back and watched them. They all have their merits and it is the GOAT horror franchise. I gave my FvJ DVD away a long time ago and the remake sucked, so that's it.

I can only find Halloween 1, 2, and 5. Which means I'll probably only do 1 and 2 because 5 has no redeeming qualities at all. I have American Psycho around here somewhere, which is just begging for a Legitshook business card.

The quality of the Halloween films is directly proportionate to the quality of the shatner mask

Total Divas has gone full-on insulting and horrible. I could at least give it a pass before for being a worked shoot, brother. Using dubstep now for every single musical segue or mood switch just makes it worse.

They should be. It gets bigger and bigger every single year. I might not have that connection like I do with wrestling, but I will always skip wrestling if there is a Texans game or a match up I like on TV.
Sucks about Clowney, only against WAS but Texans defense looked beastly.

BFIB

Rewatching these Nitros, I actually think I like Macho in WCW more than his WWF run. The Madness gimmick worked great.

Anth0ny

¡HarlequinPanic!;128988578 said:
Monday night raw has long been relegated to "that thing I put on the tv in the basement gym of my apartment complex". But even this week it might not make the cut as I decide to load in some shitty p90x workout or something.

Raw has been background noise while I play games for a while now.

iigtDRYUNS1sp.gif

5 I'll never stop hating and it's not even really the fault of the movie. It was trailer. It was full of lies. Honestly, if you can find it, watch it.

edit: Found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRoamv2qvQ Seriously... I'm still angry every time I watch it.

"This time they're ready." Shot of cops at a road block with guns pointed ready to launch hell on Michael should he show up.
"This time he's unmasked." Shot of Michael taking off his mask.

All lies. Those shots are in the movie... but Michael is without his mask for less time than he is without it in the original. MUCH less time.

When the cops are setting up their super perimeter around Haddonfield? Michaels already in town killing people.

Yep. I'm still bitter.

Still... wrassling... Tell me why I should watch RAW tonight guys.

Joker Sting shows up tonight

Not a joke? Because that would get me watching.

Why watch?

Jerry Springer man!
Last week was terrible. I heard about Springer... and yeah... not what I want more of. Steph vs Brie was fine because you had Steph balancing out the terrible acting and Brie isn't as bad in the ring as people like to say. AJ vs Paige was really starting to get fun and their matches were getting better...

But Nikki and Brie having to stretch their acting and pretend to hate each other? Oh my lord. It was awful and it took up so much of the broadcast. And the Jerry Springer thing is just going to be that with cat fights. And cat fights are okay on Jerry Springer, but even the Bella's can put on something you'd call 'wrestling' and I prefer wrestling to cat fights.

So is the Nation of Education debuting tonight or not?

How pissed would you guys be if their gimmick was to beat up other black wrestlers?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So a long time ago, my friend got his first game console, and I remember laughing because I had years of NES, Genesis, SNES, etc and his first console, in my mind, was clearly a Virtual Boy. And I remembered playing MK 3 on it and remember how awful it was .Cut to now and realizing MK 3 never came out on the virtual boy, so I did some research because I was sure it did.

My best friend's very first 'console' was a Tiger R-Zone.

So a long time ago, my friend got his first game console, and I remember laughing because I had years of NES, Genesis, SNES, etc and his first console, in my mind, was clearly a Virtual Boy. And I remembered playing MK 3 on it and remember how awful it was .Cut to now and realizing MK 3 never came out on the virtual boy, so I did some research because I was sure it did.

huh

That is one of the most insane consoles I've ever seen. Thanks for mentioning it.

The screens were all embedded in the cartridges and you strapped the display to your head for no apparent reason? WTF Tiger.

Top Bottom