• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

RP912

Banned
So a long time ago, my friend got his first game console, and I remember laughing because I had years of NES, Genesis, SNES, etc and his first console, in my mind, was clearly a Virtual Boy. And I remembered playing MK 3 on it and remember how awful it was .Cut to now and realizing MK 3 never came out on the virtual boy, so I did some research because I was sure it did.

My best friend's very first 'console' was a Tiger R-Zone.

???!!

No lie I actually wanted to get a r zone at one time and then I woke up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
???!!

No lie I actually wanted to get a r zone at one time and then I woke up.

I didn't have the heart to tell him how shitty his console was. We went back to playing Paperboy, Commander Keen, and Worms on his PC pretty quickly.

He did get a Gamecube later with Paper Mario and Smash though.

RP912

Banned
I didn't have the heart to tell him how shitty his console was. We went back to playing Paperboy, Commander Keen, and Worms on his PC pretty quickly.

He did get a Gamecube later with Paper Mario and Smash though.

Ah the gamecube. I remember buying it and playing a few games on it until it became my footrest :/. I seriously didn't care for 6th gen consoles around that time.

Here's a confession. I traded in all of my ps2 and its games for a n gage. I needed a mp3 player badly around that time :(.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I trade in my N64 and all my games for a PS2, some games, and a few cheap SNES games.

I regretted it though because I had some great N64 games even though I got a really good deal. Not as good of a deal as when my brother's friend worked at K-Mart and stole new releases and sold them to us out of the back of his car for dirt cheap. Got FF7 for like 20 dollars the day after it came out.

RP912

Banned
I trade in my N64 and all my games for a PS2, some games, and a few cheap SNES games.

I regretted it though because I had some great N64 games even though I got a really good deal. Not as good of a deal as when my brother's friend worked at K-Mart and stole new releases and sold them to us out of the back of his car for dirt cheap. Got FF7 for like 20 dollars the day after it came out.

:/ Why can't I find friends like this?

Speaking of N64...I remember when one of the store owners at this game/cell phone place in philly wanted to play me in a game of wcw/nwo revenge. If I win I'll get a game for free...if he win he'll take my brother's games that he was trying to trade in. I felt like I could take him and out of nowhere dude destroyed me. Turning me all over and doing power moves without me even touching him. He won and gave me another chance. Destroyed me again and took my brothers games.

I felt bad :(

Speaking of N64...I remember when one of the store owners at this game/cell phone place in philly wanted to play me in a game of wcw/nwo revenge. If I win I'll get a game for free...if he win he'll take my brother's games that he was trying to trade in. I felt like I could take him and out of nowhere dude destroyed me. Turning me all over and doing power moves without me even touching him. He won and gave me another chance. Destroyed me again and took my brothers games.

should have abused the analog stick so you would never lose

Wait, dude just straight up took your brother's games for nothing? That's messed up.

strobogo

Banned
iNd8uHZcLejra.gif

A gif for the October OP, perhaps?

RP912

Banned
I can tell you're a scrub already

Always use THQ/AKI man if you want to win. That ground punch is broke tier

Another confession. I never used aki man.

Plus the wcw/nwo revenge game I bought was used...so of course everybody was unlocked. I ended up just doing random matches and playing as sting, rey jr, and benoit.

Striker

Orton as a face was ruined by his first face turn, which was just forced. He was pretty great when he was the biggest name on Smackdown and feuding with Christian.
Did Orton really do anything in that feud other than OUTTA NOWHERE RKO spots? The promo work was all Christian and made the matches great too. Other than Christian's fantastic work, that feud sucked. It did nothing for him and it took ADR out of the top heel spot just after winning the Rumble. All to push Orton more.

Raw64life

You know what would be rad as fuck? Online Revenge/No Mercy/VPW2. A GAF league on it. Does PJ64 have online play?

Yep. Played some No Mercy online with people a good 10-12 years ago. It sucked. Constant desyncs, input lag, and frame skips all over the place. Kaillera was an excellent idea with pretty poor execution in most of the emulators that supported it. I'm amazed that nothing better ever came along after Kaillera died out. It seemed like the future of emulation at the time.

strobogo

Banned
Yep. Played some No Mercy online with people a good 10-12 years ago. It sucked. Constant desyncs, input lag, and frame skips all over the place. Kaillera was an excellent idea with pretty poor execution in most of the emulators that supported it. I'm amazed that nothing better ever came along after Kaillera died out. It seemed like the future of emulation at the time.

That was a long time ago. Maybe things are better now. If they are, I call dibs on Stan Hansen in VPW2, AKI Man/La Parka in Revenge, and Tazz in No Mercy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Falling Edge finds that the online play of PJ64 has improved dramatically over the past decade, I'd like to challenge you to a game, friend.

The Real GWF if you wheeeeel big dadday

If Falling Edge finds that the online play of PJ64 has improved dramatically over the past decade, I'd like to challenge you to a game, friend.

Other than some DS/3DS ports, I never played an N64 game in my life. I think I only saw one N64 system in the wild like once.

Does No Mercy play like DoR2? I like that one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No Mercy plays a bit better but DoR2 is by far the best AKI ripoff game ever, that team was the only one who ever delivered on the promise that they'd play like those games.

things could be better now. no clue though.

That was a long time ago. Maybe things are better now. If they are, I call dibs on Stan Hansen in VPW2, AKI Man/La Parka in Revenge, and Tazz in No Mercy.

I really hope I pass out due to lack of sleep so I don't have to watch RAW tonight.

won't be able to check it out till after Raw!

Raw64life

things could be better now. no clue though.

It's possible, but Kaillera died out a long time ago and the netcode hasn't been updated in about a decade. I wouldn't say it's unplayable, but it's definitely frustrating. I played Smash Bros. 64 online a ton back in the day and I pretty much trained myself to adjust to the input lag and I knew when certain shit happened the game was going to slow down and could adjust accordingly. The most frustrating part of No Mercy online was trying to counter strikes and grapples. It was basically impossible with all the lag.

FWIW, RetroArch kind of supports online but it's really convoluted and I've never even bothered to try it as it seems far more trouble than it's worth in it's current state, but maybe in the future it will become more accessible.

Sephzilla

Ravens cut Ray Rice and NFL indefinately suspends him after TMZ leaks video of him punching a woman. NFL is gonna be getting so much press tonight, Vince is probably sweating.

Who wants to bet we see a male wrestler accidentally strike a diva tonight?

BFIB

Ravens cut Ray Rice and NFL indefinately suspends him after TMZ leaks video of him punching a woman. NFL is gonna be getting so much press tonight, Vince is probably sweating.

Charlotte getting called up?

I went back on the Network (for only $9.99) and watched the collection of Punk and Cena's matches and angles over the years and I think it's safe to say that Cena's work with Punk, both in and out of the ring, is the best of his career. From the MitB 2011 match to the NoC 2012 match to their match on Raw last year, the two just gel perfectly together.

njean777

I like football (as seen by my avatar), but Wrestling is more entertaining at least. Football is way to many commercials.

Ray Rice open mic!!

jmdajr

Gotta stay current!

i hope some dude like roman reings manages to superman punch rosa mendes on her sweet sweet shiny left cheek (rosa's cheek)

also: yeah, i hate android too, i really really really hate all the crap you have to go thru on ann deroid

Top Bottom