• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Aiii

So not worth it
So Pop-GAF was future endeavored for being too sexually explicit.

I'm afraid all these Triple H pics are leading us down the same path. I fear for the wellbeing of the thread, this can't be good for business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol whatever we can keep posting those Shield fanfics

Kaladin

If anything, this month has proven that we're not immune from moderation if one person can complain about a thread title and get a mod to change it.

I bet someone snitched on PopGaf too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's there to snitch about? They stick their dicks in the tea.

Picked up the Legends of Mid-South Wrestling blu-ray - there's no real documentary, but WWE have done a great job with the picture quality. You get 5-10 minutes of interviews ahead of a match, with the likes of JR, Bill Watts, DiBiase, Hayes, Dusty, Hacksaw, Bullet Bob, etc, and these segments do a fine job keeping up the continuity. The matches themselves look great, to varying degrees. They've used some aggressive filtering to make these presentable on dvd & blu-ray, but while it's noticeable, these are entirely watchable and the best quality you're going to find. Only watched the first free matches, as I don't want to get ahead of myself in the Best of Mid-South/UWF compilation, but this seems like a perfect introduction to Mid-South for new fans and a perfect compliment to the larger best of set.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up the Legends of Mid-South Wrestling blu-ray - there's no real documentary, but WWE have done a great job with the picture quality. You get 5-10 minutes of interviews ahead of a match, with the likes of JR, Bill Watts, DiBiase, Hayes, Dusty, Hacksaw, Bullet Bob, etc, and these segments do a fine job keeping up the continuity. The matches themselves look great, to varying degrees. They've used some aggressive filtering to make these presentable on dvd & blu-ray, but while it's noticeable, these are entirely watchable and the best quality you're going to find. Only watched the first free matches, as I don't want to get ahead of myself in the Best of Mid-South/UWF compilation, but this seems like a perfect introduction to Mid-South for new fans and a perfect compliment to the larger best of set.

Sounds great. Picture quality of this is more important than the content (but only barely!) as I just absolutely LOVE finding older footage that is cleaned up and watchable. Nothing more painful than watching a 240p video ripped from VHS with tape hiss and distorted audio - so it really makes me happy to see they've put it through their paces. Can't wait to pick it up next week.

Kaladin

My only complaint is that it's not a "best of" set and there are too many squash matches and angles. There is only one real long match in the whole set and it's a Ric Flair match which is great but I wish there were more classics like that. Mid South comes across as the Ring of Honor of the 80s here and I want to see more.

And yeah, picture quality is the #1 reason to buy these WWE sets. I want them to release individual WCW PPVs so they can release WCW Superbrawl IV so I can get a copy that is better than a VHS RIP which was recorded off PPV because WCW never bothered to release it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My only complaint is that it's not a "best of" set and there are too many squash matches and angles. There is only one real long match in the whole set and it's a Ric Flair match which is great but I wish there were more classics like that. Mid South comes across as the Ring of Honor of the 80s here and I want to see more.

The more old stuff I watch, the more squash matches I see. There's a shocking amount of them - if you thought late 80s WWE had a lot, you ain't seen nothin yet. And they squash legit dudes, too!

Kaladin

The more old stuff I watch, the more squash matches I see. There's a shocking amount of them - if you thought late 80s WWE had a lot, you ain't seen nothin yet. And they squash legit dudes, too!

Yeah, they used squash matches more liberally than they do now. Not in the main feud and had nothing else to do but showed up to work anyway? Squash.

Marvel

could never
Toronto crowd was on fire, just finished watching raw.

So awesome seeing Goldust again! sad about JR's "retirement" though :(

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't feel we're a community of gif-replies guys. I think we have alot of meaningful and good discussion going on here. We are being misrepresented.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pop-GAF will be back.

They tampered with Evilore's precious google adsense.

WE, on the other hand, DRAW MONEY. That's something Pop-GAF never did.

Kaladin

I don't feel we're a community of gif-replies guys. I think we have alot of meaningful and good discussion going on here. We are being misrepresented.

tumblr_mmjb91TqDp1s4kcwpo1_500.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, be careful

I hardly ever post AJ pics anymore, unless there's something relevant about them.
You've already been deprived of some pretty choice action shots, mind you.

I try to only mention AJ in context of Raw/Smackdown/storylines nowadays anyways, lest I anger the higher ups in here.

Kaladin

I hardly ever post AJ pics anymore, unless there's something relevant about them.
You've already been deprived of some pretty choice action shots, mind you.

I try to only mention AJ in context of Raw/Smackdown/storylines nowadays anyways, lest I anger the higher ups in here.

Any heat you had with the executive office over AJ gifs has blown over.

Bailey gifs however....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We don't NEED protection. We ARE the cutting edge. The Cure for the Common Show.

Kaladin

Nah, you know what keeps us safe? Yeah, we love our gifs and go crazy every now and then, but we get serious with discussion when an event is on or some news story pops up. Just browse through our thread during any Raw or PPV event and you'll see timely reactions and discussion with few gifs.

We are good for business....even if we go off the rails every now and then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who is a Pop-GAF Pal™ is more than welcome to join our ever-growing stable of new, exciting sports entertainment that is sweeping the nation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Our locker room is open to new arrivals. If anyone shits in your bag, that's just how you pay your dues.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol I ended up with one of the last posts over there with cena-ass.gif and fabulousones.gif!

juuuust made it under the gate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
im more of a lurker here and some of the gifs scare me

(looking at the cena butt one)

Makes me feel inadequate too, I know.

I really regret making that Fabulous Ones gif. And bean's Vince McBo avatar. What evil I have wrought.

Karmic payback for all the deathmatch gifs that I hope never stop flowing?

Top Bottom