• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Wow, (NXT spoiler)
Dusty Rhodes got suspended by Triple H? Is NXT canon now? Does this mean we can expect Dusty on Raw sometime soon? I'd certainly love my "Dusty brings in young guy, has him fight for his family's honor" thing to happen. You could probably get someone like Adrian Neville mega over like that. Hell, run him through the gauntlet of embarrassing Rhodes family gimmicks - dancing in polka dots one weeks, in gold paint the next, etc. but he still comes out on top, looking like a star.

Enfinit

Wow, (NXT spoiler)
Dusty Rhodes got suspended by Triple H? Is NXT canon now? Does this mean we can expect Dusty on Raw sometime soon? I'd certainly love my "Dusty brings in young guy, has him fight for his family's honor" thing to happen. You could probably get someone like Adrian Neville mega over like that. Hell, run him through the gauntlet of embarrassing Rhodes family gimmicks - dancing in polka dots one weeks, in gold paint the next, etc. but he still comes out on top, looking like a star.

That would be amazing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Absolutely.
tumblr_mt1fjmIj2m1rt0n8fo2_250.gif

GhaleonQ

I was just made aware http://wrestlingonearth.com/unlikely-celebrity-wrestling-fans-volume-1 that Gillian Jacobs is a serious wrestling fan. http://dgusa.tv/board/index.php?topic=2667.0 *swoon*

Wow, (NXT spoiler)

I often wonder if
Neville will encounter problems because of his look or the way he speaks, and that would be the perfect way to bypass it.
That said,
I think it's likely that NXT remains "inspired by 'true' events." For example, when the Shield came back, Seth Rollins still happened, but the only development that travels between the 2 is main roster->developmental.

strobogo

Banned
NXT is totally canon since WWE.com has results on their page. Just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean it isn't canon. I consider NXT/WWE to be something like Marvel where the X-men and Avengers both exist, but rarely mention each other unless there is a cross over.

The spoilers sound great.

I agree that's likely the case, but this is the first time where I've seen
a main event storyline cross over into NXT. That seems like a milestone.

The main problem is that
they might fuck it up and have it be Bo - who I maintain would actually be PERFECT for the storyline they have right now, as he would be absolutely LOATHED if he just did his obnoxious, oblivious, "thinks-he's-a-face" jerkass gimmick and continued to be his usual awful self as a wrestler while having HHH's support, whereas Orton is pretty neutered and boring this time around. But they'll fuck it up and have Bo be the smiling babyface.

The other problem is that it doesn't exactly make Cody look strong to have his daddy and a newbie rescue him. He needs to be brought back as a result of Haitch's own cockiness. "Yeah, Dusty, if your guy can beat ROMAN REIGNS tonight in a No DQ match, Cody can have a shot." And whenever CODY comes back, it has to be by winning, i.e. "If Cody wins tonight, he'll be re-signed."

somedevil

Impact Spoiler for Next week:

Chris Sabin turns heel and attacks Manik. So it seems the storyline will be Velvet Sky is a face whose boyfriend has turned heel.

Can't wait for that :/

somedevil

Here is the spoiler on AJ Styles Dixie Carter show down:

AJ Styles ranted on Dixie Carter about how she brought in big name talent and replaced good wrestlers. He also spoke about not having a contract. Dixie came out and basically told AJ that if it weren't for her, he wouldn't be where he is today.

TNA loves them some CM Punk with ripping off the pipe bombs and copying his angles. Still don't know if he is a heel or a face because ripping on Dixie is totally different then ripping on Vince McMahon.

ahahaha. TNA.

also how about that segment where Manik asked Hogan to face Jeff Hardy and then was immediately overshadowed by Dixie to inform him that the MMA guys are out

G-Fex

ahahaha. TNA.

also how about that segment where Manik asked Hogan to face Jeff Hardy and then was immediately overshadowed by Dixie to inform him that the MMA guys are out

just watching that right now rofl. I fucking hate Dixie.

So that little dork is wearing suicides costume huh? Geez.

ALSO NOTE: Hulk Hogan said the mask reminds him of HULKAMANIA...NOT Mr. America.

Meaning the Hulkster ISNT Mr. America.

Identity to this day still unknown.

Heel

dream, is it possible that Jacob and Quinton have fulfilled the number of TNA appearances stipulated in their Viacom contracts, and actually do not actually care that they will not be making appearances in Bumfuck, Ohio with AJ Styles and Knux?

dream, is it possible that Jacob and Quinton have fulfilled the number of TNA appearances stipulated in their Viacom contracts, and actually do not actually care that they will not be making appearances in Bumfuck, Ohio with AJ Styles and Knux?

That's giving Ohio too much credit. Aren't they in Florida?

strobogo

Banned
What if AJ is actually not aping Punk, but instead ripping off WCW2000? Bully Ray will lay down for Hogan, Dixie will cut a SHOOT promo on Hogan, someone will shave Sting's head, Dixie will win the title, AJ will walk out of a match because he doesn't want to take someone's finish, SEX will reform and break up 2 weeks later, Eric Bischoff will be revealed as the father of Taryn's baby. It will be great.

strobogo

Banned
I must know, Sunny, how do you feel about the physiques of Bruno and Superstar Graham? I'm skimming through the MSG set and Bruno looked like a monster, despite not being cut at all. Same with Ivan Koloff. Superstar almost looks gross. Bruno looked like the kind of guy who could pull tree stumps from the ground. Superstar looked like the kind of guy who would do bicep curls in the mirror for 5 hours a day.

Which do you prefer? Superstar is obviously more on the Batista side of things, but Bruno still looks like a more powerful guy to me, despite Superstar being a bigger man and much more defined.

Toki767

LOL TNA.
Dixie's turning heel.

This will end so well. Probably with Vince buying their tape library.

I've never seen Roman Reigns sell so well. Must be taking lessons from Rollins.
ibxhjoy1GxER7x.gif

And because I had to sit through Miz dancing, you guys can watch it too.
iF6YlqVlSVYWU.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
What if AJ is actually not aping Punk, but instead ripping off WCW2000? Bully Ray will lay down for Hogan, Dixie will cut a SHOOT promo on Hogan, someone will shave Sting's head, Dixie will win the title, AJ will walk out of a match because he doesn't want to take someone's finish, SEX will reform and break up 2 weeks later, Eric Bischoff will be revealed as the father of Taryn's baby. It will be great.

But what will do they do on the Impact the week after that?

Goddamnit gaming side, what is the obsession with 15mb gifs at the same resolution as the video they were captured from? Crashes the tab every time, without fail.

Anywho, I finished Bill Watts' book 'The Cowboy & The Cross' and it's a pretty fascinating read. You get a great feel for his ethos on wrestling and it's easy to see why it was so successful for him in his career as a wrestler and booker, plus, he does a good job of defending his time at WCW and explaining why it didn't work out and is pretty candid about his own shortcomings and how they affected the tail end of his career. He has a big opinion of his accomplishments during his life and, while never outright slamming anybody (other than Eric Bischoff & Mark Madden), is very frank in his assessments of his peers. The religious stuff is a bit much and comes across as overtly preachy, but it's mostly confined to the first and last chapters and easily ignored, but it's nice to see that his faith has allowed him to come to terms with his past mistakes. Overall, it's well worth a read if you have any interest about Mid-South, or that time period in wrestling in general.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I'd really appreciate a .gif size cap per post.

Nothing too small, like 10 MB per post or something, would be fine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I must know, Sunny, how do you feel about the physiques of Bruno and Superstar Graham? I'm skimming through the MSG set and Bruno looked like a monster, despite not being cut at all. Same with Ivan Koloff. Superstar almost looks gross. Bruno looked like the kind of guy who could pull tree stumps from the ground. Superstar looked like the kind of guy who would do bicep curls in the mirror for 5 hours a day.

Which do you prefer? Superstar is obviously more on the Batista side of things, but Bruno still looks like a more powerful guy to me, despite Superstar being a bigger man and much more defined.
Love both of their physiques, but Superstars is superior. I feel there's room and credibility for both. Would go into more detail but I'm mobile and on the way to work.

Ithil

LOL TNA.
Dixie's turning heel.

This will end so well. Probably with Vince buying their tape library.

I've never seen Roman Reigns sell so well. Must be taking lessons from Rollins.
ibxhjoy1GxER7x.gif

And because I had to sit through Miz dancing, you guys can watch it too.
iF6YlqVlSVYWU.gif

Reigns has actually always been pretty good at selling, at least in the Shield. His selling of Bryan's Yes Lock at I think Extreme Rules was fun.

Kaladin

I actually like that they have their own brand of wrestling that caters to their fanbase. They know their marks juggalos well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ICP won me over on their Art of Wrestling show they were on. Dudes are real fans of ALL of it. Worth listening to.

Top Bottom