• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
princess_luna_sleeping_meme_with_the_big_show_by_phenom_x4-d66xdo0.jpg
Slightly drunk
slightly sxared

strobogo

Banned
Big show marks? Ewww

Big Shoe was pretty awesome in 2008 when he came back. He slowly regressed back to where he was prior to that, but he had a good year where he was great. I also think his 2006 feud with HHH was super good and underrated. Their match at New Year's Resolution 2006 is a favorite from either career.

(Kung Fu Naki!) Kung Fu Naki baby yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) Yeah Kung Fu Naki comin for ya yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) I see you now, yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) Kung Fu Naki yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) Gotta believe he wasn't born in Milwaukee
(Kung Fu Naki!) Mighta grown up in Nagasaki, yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) Learned to use his hands when he studies karate
(Kung Fu Naki!) Teaches you to say he was a little too Naki

Fu Naki likes to, fish for croppie
While he listens, to Pavarotti
Heard he tried to be, a rap disc jockey
Didn't work out, moved to Abu Dhabi
Guess the rest is, histor-aty
But my memory, a little bit groggy

Kung Fu Naki, see the kung fu man
Ohhh he is still the real with lightning hands

(Kung Fu Naki!) Yeah baby Kung Fu Naki where you been man
(Kung Fu Naki!) Kung Fu Naki
(Kung Fu Naki!) Kung Fu Na-kiiii
(Kung Fu Naki!) Ha ha ha ha ha
(Kung Fu Naki!) He loves to cook chicken teriyaki
(Kung Fu Naki!) Cooks in a broth made of rice wine sake
(Kung Fu Naki!) Hehehe, likes the way Stallone says YO in Rocky
(Kung Fu Naki!) Often eats a meal with a little biscotti

Fu Naki likes to, watch Hard Copy
But he thinks it's a little bit too gossipy
Doesn't like people, who act real snobby
Says politicians, are way too talky
Says some wrestlers, are way too cocky
Cause they bodies are soft and sloppy

Kung Fu Naki, see the kung fu man
Ohhh he is still the real with lightning hands

(Kung Fu Naki!) Kung Fu Naki baby yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) Yeah Kung Fu Naki comin for ya yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) What'cha gon' do, ha ha!
(Kung Fu Naki!) Kung Fu Na-kiiii
(Kung Fu Naki!) Uh-huh, that's it, yeahhhh
(Kung Fu Naki!) Uh-huh, Kung Fu Naki baby
(Kung Fu Naki!) Kung Fu Naki give it to 'em baby yeah
(Kung Fu Naki!) I see you now, hahaha

Kung Fu Naki yeah
Yeah!

G-Fex

Big Shoe was pretty awesome in 2008 when he came back. He slowly regressed back to where he was prior to that, but he had a good year where he was great. I also think his 2006 feud with HHH was super good and underrated. Their match at New Year's Resolution 2006 is a favorite from either career.

I missed that feud. Hmm

strobogo

Banned
I don't remember much of the details except for HHH breaking Big Shoe's hand and the match being really good. Late 2005-early 2006 was pretty good for HHH.

Aiii

So not worth it
Likely Night of Champtions spoilers...

Paddy Power Match Odds

Probably goes without saying, but discussion in spoiler tags please. Can't trust these bookies not to ruin the results.

---

Lol, build feud around former tie between ADR and Ricardo:

WWE’s Vickie Guerrero announced on this week’s SmackDown show that Ricardo Rodriguez would not be allowed to be in Rob Van Dam’s corner this weekend at Night Of Champions when he challenges Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship. Rodriguez reacted to the news on Twitter, writing:
“Im sorry guys. I really tried against Del Rio but came up on the losing end tonight on Smackdown. Guess I won’t be at #NOC :( “

Remove Ricardo from match.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No I always hated pokemon. I hate when people bring up pokemon as their "Childhood" when it didn't come out that long ago. Then they fucking nostalgia over it And it's still popular and relevant.

You realize Pokemon is 17 years old, right?

Aiii

So not worth it
No I always hated pokemon. I hate when people bring up pokemon as their "Childhood" when it didn't come out that long ago. Then they fucking nostalgia over it And it's still popular and relevant.

I don't think I'll ever get into pokemon. Don't get me wrong I don't like yugioh cards, or digimon either.

tumblr_mt55a6op3O1qlp08fo1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
baw gawd, Sunflower, do i have something hilarious to show you. let's hope the gif shows up soon.

edit: wrasslin friends, a shoot Flair Flop:

Rolles+Gracie+vs.+Derrick+Mehmen.gif

aaaaaaaaaaahahah aaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha that's incredible. Incredible.

Probably goes without saying, but discussion in spoiler tags please. Can't trust these bookies not to ruin the results.

---

Jesus christ, son of Mary, wife of Joseph...

Lord, give me the strength to overcome Aiii's idiotic posts....

It's 50/50, like a coin toss, it's... I can't.

Jesus H. Christ!

Spoilers? Really?

Aiii, Aiii, Aiii. Aiii-YAiii-YAiiii.

Let's try a hypothetical scenario to see if we can delve into the mind of a psychotic Euro, people. Let's say Aiii reads a "spoiler" that says Daniel Bryan wins and then Daniel Bryan wins. So the match was ruined for him but only retroactively because he read the result, which has a 1 in 2 chance of occuring, I repeat, it has just as much a chance to be wrong so it's no different than watching a match between two competitors having never read any "spoilers".

I'm trying. I'm trying really hard here.

So Aiii needs to completely clear his mind before watching a match, so that he has no inclination one way or the other about who will win in order to enjoy it.

This is an effing wrestling match, I'll remind you.

So if Aiii accidently reads a spoiler that says Orton wins and now he's upset and every apsect of the match is painted with that result in mind but then Bryan wins. So does Aiii now doubly enjoy the match because he swerved himself?

Mein Gott. Aiii you need help.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jesus christ, son of Mary, wife of Joseph...

Lord, give me the strength to overcome Aiii's idiotic posts....

It's 50/50, like a coin toss, it's... I can't.

Jesus H. Christ!

Spoilers? Really?

Aiii, Aiii, Aiii. Aiii-YAiii-YAiiii.

Let's try a hypothetical scenario to see if we can delve into the mind of a psychotic Euro, people. Let's say Aiii reads a "spoiler" that says Daniel Bryan wins and then Daniel Bryan wins. So the match was ruined for him but only retroactively because he read the result, which has a 1 in 2 chance of occuring, I repeat, it has just as much a chance to be wrong so it's no different than watching a match between two competitors having never read any "spoilers".

I'm trying. I'm trying really hard here.

So Aiii needs to completely clear his mind before watching a match, so that he has no inclination one way or the other about who will win in order to enjoy it.

This is an effing wrestling match, I'll remind you.

So if Aiii accidently reads a spoiler that says Orton wins and now he's upset and every apsect of the match is painted with that result in mind but then Bryan wins. So does Aiii now doubly enjoy the match because he swerved himself?

Mein Gott. Aiii you need help.

So, just because it's scripted and betting results have been known to be rigged so that they accuratly predict the entire card, I am not allowed to not know the outcome of a match.

Yes, I fucking enjoy watching a show more without knowing what fucking happens, go cry in a corner about it, why don't you. I enjoy watching a match unfold and getting fooled by near-pinfalls and what not.

If I'm watching Breaking Bad, I don't want to know if Hank or Walt wins in the end before it happens, the anticipation of seeing it end is half of the fun. Wrestling is 't any different, it's more fun to see it happen than to read about.

So you can fuck right off with your high and mighty bs, the betting has been pretty much 100% accurate for months now due to people int he company leaking scripts and I don't care to be spoiled.

Didn't you leave the thread because people like Daniel Bryan. We still do, go away.

So, just because it's scripted and betting results have been known to be rigged so that they accuratly predict the entire card, I am not allowed to not know the outcome of a match.
But you won't know the outcome of the match until you watch the outcome of the match. There is one of two possible outcomes. You talk about accurately predicting the entire card like it's picking the winning lottery numbers, lol.
Yes, I fucking enjoy watching a show more without knowing what fucking happens, go cry in a corner about it, why don't you. I enjoy watching a match unfold and getting fooled by near-pinfalls and what not.
Fooled by near pinfalls? Here's a spoiler for you: I predict the main event will end sometime around 11 pm est/8 pm pst.

If I'm watching Breaking Bad, I don't want to know if Hank or Walt wins in the end before it happens, the anticipation of seeing it end is half of the fun. Wrestling is 't any different, it's more fun to see it happen than to read about.
Wrestling isn't any different? Are you being serious right now? Breaking Bad was written and filmed months ago. There are a myriad of possible outcomes, Hank and Walt aren't in a wrestling match.

Vince McMahon can decide the outcome of a match seconds before it ends.

So you can fuck right off with your high and mighty bs, the betting has been pretty much 100% accurate for months now due to people int he company leaking scripts and I don't care to be spoiled.

Didn't you leave the thread because people like Daniel Bryan. We still do, go away.
First of, check your tone. I'm trying to calmly and rationally show you how much of a lunatic you are and you're reacting very hostile toward me.

You want me to go away and your leverage is Daniel Bryan? Apparently all I have to do is posts Keyser's link and you'll throw your computer out the window.

But I don't want that.

And you don't want that.

And Keyser probably doesn't care one way or the other.

So just peacefully admit here that you are an insane, bat-poop crazy mark and we can both retreat with our dignity intact.

Thing is, I know bo breath is trollin', but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that if the betting odds are correct for the first 3-4 matches, they'll likely be correct for the rest, thus undercutting the "what will happen?" aspect that makes watching wrestling so fun.

Thing is, I know bo breath is trollin', but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that if the betting odds are correct for the first 3-4 matches, they'll likely be correct for the rest, thus undercutting the "what will happen?" aspect that makes watching wrestling so fun.

I'll grant you this, if it spoils how the match is won, then I can see how that would dampen your enjoyment. But just who wins? That I don't understand.

I'll grant you this, if it spoils how the match is won, then I can see how that would dampen your enjoyment. But just who wins? That I don't understand.

Well if you know that, say, Randy Orton is going to win, then you have to basically lie to yourself to actually be emotionally invested in what Daniel Bryan is doing. The match may be well-wrestled, but that aura of "anything could happen" is gone.

I don't generally believe in the idea of "spoiling" something, as I think that the greatest pleasure is in seeing HOW a story is accomplished, not what its plot is, but for wrestling - where the twists and surprises are a large part of the show - it seems like a bit of a dick move.

What is this nonsense? Think of all the title changes no one expected to happen that would have been spoiled if the outcome was known beforehand.

Well if you know that, say, Randy Orton is going to win, then you have to basically lie to yourself to actually be emotionally invested in what Daniel Bryan is doing. The match may be well-wrestled, but that aura of "anything could happen" is gone.
At this point, you're watching the match to prove the validity of the spoiler. Again, there's a 1 in 2 chance of it being right. I don't believe there's any concrete wrestling spoilers set in stone, then again, I'm out of the loop on this Dolphin reddit guy.
I don't generally believe in the idea of "spoiling" something, as I think that the greatest pleasure is in seeing HOW a story is accomplished, not what its plot is, but for wrestling - where the twists and surprises are a large part of the show - it seems like a bit of a dick move.

Well the story so far is that Randy Orton has left Daniel Bryan lying on the mat at the end of every show for weeks, you would logically conclude that Bryan will win tonight as a result. So if you read a spoiler that says Orton wins, don't you still want to watch and see of it's a clean win, for example? And isn't the majority of your interest placed not on the match, but on tomorrow's Raw to see how Orton winning plays out, if story is what you enjoy most?

Kaladin

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idea....from now on, when we have wrestler themed OTs.....the thread title will be formatted like this:

September Wrasslin' |Triple H OT| Because it's good for business

September Wrasslin is where it should be and Triple H or the selected wrestler has their chance in the spotlight.

Objections? (hint: if you object, we will fire you after humiliating you and making you cry on national television)

Top Bottom