• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Think I'm going to drop WWE from my rewatch blog reviews, I'll still watch the shows, but it's taking far too long to blog two 2 hour shows a week - at least in the way I've been doing it at the moment with a write up for each segment and gifs.

D-Lo Brown vs. Akebono. Has this happened, or will it happen? Say it is so.

no akebono is facing low-ki next. d-lo lost in the first round!

results!

All Japan Pro-Wrestling “”Royal Road Tournament ~ 2013 Open Championship”

(1) Masanobu Fuchi vs. SUSHI
◆Winner: SUSHI (9:46) with the TEKKAMAKI.

(2) Masao Inoue [Free] & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] vs. Low Ki & Dark Cuervo
◆Winner: Low Ki (10:10) following the Ghetto Stomp on Inoue.

(3) Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki & Kotaro Suzuki vs. Joe Doering, Osamu Nishimura [Free] & Kazushi Miyamoto [Tenryu Project]
◆Winner: Shiozaki (11:48) with the Go Flasher on Miyamoto.

“Royal Road Tournament ~ 2013 Open Championship”

(4) 1st Round Match: KENSO vs. Bambi Killer
◆Winner: Bambi Killer (13:24) with the Bambi Death Shot.

(5) 1st Round Match: Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. D-Lo Brown
◆Winner: Kanemaru (7:26) with a Jumping Crucifix Hold.
~ This now means it will be Shiozaki vs. Kanemaru tomorrow in Osaka (9/15).

(6) 1st Round Match: Takao Omori vs. Atsushi Aoki
◆Winner: Omori (9:59) following the Axe Bomber.
~ It will be Bambi Killer vs. Omori on 9.17 in Izumo City.

(7) 1st Round Match: Suwama vs. Kento Miyahara
◆Winner: Suwama (19:45) following the Last Ride.
see Joe Doering vs. Suwama

Alucard

Banned
Went to Montreal Comic Con today and got a pic and two signed items from Bret Hart. Honestly, it was great to meet him, but he seemed pretty laid back and not overly engaged with the appearance. On the other hand, Maryse, Kevin Nash, and Mick Foley were all smiling and engaging with fans.

BUJaAGzCQAI-x_-.jpg
BUJZ29DCEAAkoVl.jpg
BUIVwehCUAEXbKD.jpg

Raw64life

https://twitter.com/JUSTCALLMEFLEXY

This guy just popped up on my twitter feed. I have no recollection of ever following him but somehow I am. It looks like most of his tweets have been deleted but it's clearly wrestling related as he's retweeted wrestlers on the few tweets he has and he shows up on my "Wrestling" list which I keep meticulously updated. Who the hell is this guy?

That was from the August thread. He has since become - https://twitter.com/CombativeCena - The guy has 10K followers so he had to be a known person at some point. My guess is Ken Doane but who knows. Just really weird to me.

Just got back from the Summer Block Party here, so INCOMING QUOTES

Lol, report from the CHIKARA meet-up;

"About 25-30 people showed up at the steps and at around noon, Icarus came and greeted us all. He took out a small megaphone and (after a bit of trouble turning it on haha) he made a speech about how one man inspired an entire city at that location (the Rocky steps), and so to will he inspire something something something CHIKARA. Then he handed out a petition to be signed by everyone (just names. no phone numbers, etc.) and handed out I AM CHIKARA t-shirts to everyone who didn’t own one from the first Easton meet-up (more people came than expected so he didn’t have enough shirts). He then said something about how we can make a difference and how our voice is our weapon and handed out slips of paper (not business cards. “I’m on a budget, son” haha) with Wink Vavasseur’s personal email: w.c.vavasseur@titorconglomerate.com. After that, he left, leaving behind a rolled up poster. A girl called out to him saying he forgot his poster and he said back something to the effect of “I don’t need it anymore” or “It’s yours now” or something like that. The poster said “#13Y19T5R9U13P”. Afterwards, people just kinda stood around and hung out."

...So basically to follow the storyline, instead of buying the DVDs and going to the shows, I need to go to these fucking rallies?!

YEAH THIS SOUNDS FUN rlblrlsrlslblrbr

Every time I see that ad I'm wondering "Is that really Robert Downey Jr? Why is he doing this?"

As for Chikara, I loved the mystery stuff but now it's just embarrassing and I don't care that the company is dead.

I legit have no idea. I think he got an absurd amount of money though. And he doesn't have to do anything.

He probably did that instead of Gravity, the fucker :p

Even if they come back, I think this stuff has hurt way more than it helped. At all.

I love this, I don't care if people hate it, I love it. It's full on CHIKARA ARG. People might not like it, and it might be wasted on such a niche regional promotion, but I welcome 'new' and risky ideas.

https://twitter.com/MysteriumP

They've done this shit before, which is fine. But that was side stuff that was just extra anecdotes to the storyline.

This is literally the whole thing. Eff dat.

Edgeward

I have no idea why WWE is having this recent run of uploading PPV matches but I'm thankful. I've been looking for CM Punk/D Bry and Over the limit for a while and now I don't need to purchase it.

Ultratech

I LIVE....!

My laptop went and died on me, so I've been having to use my phone/crappy work laptop to look at anything.

Got a battery ordered for it then much to my horror, my AC adapter wasn't charging the battery!

But after some tinkering, I got the thing working, so I think I may have got the cable on my AC adapter crinkled somewhere.

So I gotta order another AC adapter now, but at least I don't have to get it expedited.
Did that with my battery, which I managed to find surprisingly cheap ($20 + $10 Expedited costs).
Ordered it Wed night, and got it this morning. So 2 days wasn't too bad...

Pcw owner has been teasing huge news

He's confirmed it as the world debut of Riddick Bowe some boxer

Is this big? Seems like a cheap publicity stunt to me

Valentus

The top 10 Crowd Reactions from the WWE:

1. Mankind wins the title on Raw
2. Brock Lesnar returns 2012
3. Dolph wins the title 2013
4. Jericho debuts 1999
5. British Bulldog beats Bret hart 1992
6. John Cena goes to Raw 2005
7. Biker Taker debuts 2000
8. Triple H returns 2002
9. Rock returns 2011
10. Punk at Money in the Bank 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2TyOchDMw0&feature=player_embedded

some of them aint better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_dKUYcKexM&feature=player_detailpage#t=185

People goes apeshit back then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pcw owner has been teasing huge news

He's confirmed it as the world debut of Riddick Bowe some boxer

Is this big? Seems like a cheap publicity stunt to me

Riddick Bowe was a good, big deal

In the early 90s. :|

Aiii

So not worth it
September 14th 2013 - Amazing how few people realize that wrestling characters are characters. Ryback is a good person-his character is a bully, how does that affect "Be a Star' program? It doesn't unless you think Fred Flinstone also is a real person. However, I get tweets every week about how can WWE allow a character like Ryback-really?

A news flash-if you don't have bad guys you don't have good guys, it's TV.

AJ Lee has a crazy character, she skips into the ring and has had relationships with half the roster-in real life AJ is quite the opposite. I get some tweets from a bunch of (most likely) kids who don't know the difference and believe we are somehow bashing the women's movement because a fake character accuses us of that on a fictional TV show (this is unreal I have to explain this)-in real life I have supported personally the "10,000 Women Program" with my own money and my wife has been named to the Fortune 50 most powerful women in the world list 4 of last 5 years, she's a legit trail blazer I am so proud of-not just a character on TV but real life, and she works in a total male dominated world on Wall Street.

I can tell you personally I have lived the women's movement every day with my wife-because she is not a TV character but a legend on Wall Street that paves the way for other women. What does this have to do with my WWE character-nothing, that's the point.

In real life I was proud to represent a wonderful program in Bermuda this week at Beyond Sport in Philly. This is a program for at risk kids that I work with and support not only with most my free time but financially as well. How does this affect my TV character, it doesn't-again that's the point.

Amazing that folks who are the first to say WWE programming is scripted are also the first to be outraged over a character and think somehow it is real life.

WWE is a world wide phenomenon because of it's entertainment value, I love it and am enjoying every day there-I'm even the new GM of NXT. Enjoy for what it is. See you at Night of Champions!

And, by the way-our site here is going to give 100% of its profits to help at risk kids, help us out by signing up for free newsletter http://www.layfieldreport.com/layfield-report-sign-up.html
- See more at: http://www.layfieldreport.com/JBL-blog-on-characters-in-WWE.news#sthash.LooC7z5I.dpuf

Poor JBL has been getting shit on Twitter because of AJ's commentary.

Though while he has a point, I do find the commentary team to be quite misogynistic in general, which in this day and age really should be toned down, especially in a PG program that should appeal to a broad crowd.

Though I guess that goes for racial and other minorities as well. I know it's hard to be funny or witty on the fly, but the humor is often unnecessarily offensive.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has two things it wants to forget and never want to talk about:

1. Noob Saibot
2. The whole Invasion angle. Since it happened in 2001 they have never put out a dvd on it in 12 years. It was so botched by the WWE that they buried it and forget it ever happened.

One of the characters in KZ Mercenary is called Benoit and his name is on the screen quite a bit, makes me sad every time, kind of glad they never mention him.

Lunchbox

Banned
OMG saints row 4 OMG saints row 4

so after fighting hogan calling your guy a mark during a wrestling match where you beat a Mexican guy for his mask you enter Keith David's nightmare where he is fisting RODDY PIPER In a back alley and then you join piper to hunt down Keith David to recreate they live

then Keith David says you don't call roddy he's there when you need him and you get his number to call him to help you in missions and do atomic drops

fuck gta and it's tap A to run I'm legit shook and marking. open world game of they generation

then you stomp on a nerd girls flowers and have a robot blow you

baw gawd, Sunflower, do i have something hilarious to show you. let's hope the gif shows up soon.

edit: wrasslin friends, a shoot Flair Flop:

Rolles+Gracie+vs.+Derrick+Mehmen.gif

strobogo

Banned
Christ, I skipped ahead to the end of the year so I could finish the spread sheet. The next month and a half sounds every bit as bad as the summer shit months.

Random stats:

1004 total matches between Nitro, Thunder, and PPVs.

The WCW Championship changed hands 5 times

The US Championship changed hands 7 times. 5 of those involved Bret or DDP.

The TV Championship changed hands 7 times. 3 went to Booker.

The Tag Team Championships changes hands 8 times. At least 3 title switches involved someone who didn't win the title dropping the title. A little questionable since some were over turned and nWo/Wolfpac rules got dodgy. I believe there were 8 defenses with a partner who didn't win the titles.

The Cruiserweight Championship changed hands 9 times. 3 of those were between Kidman and Juvi.

Kidman and Juvi had 14 matches during the year, including tags and triple threats.

Booker and Benoit had 11 matches. They actually had more, as there was at least one of the best of 7 on Saturday Night. I also didn't count matches where they teamed together.

TOP RECORDS:

Goldberg: 62-1
Chris Benoit: 27-13
Chris Jericho: 50-16
Booker T: 38-13
Barry Darsow 0-7
Marty Jannetty: 2-9
La Parka: 3-17
The Cat: 21-0 Pretty sure this is accurate. I don't believe Cat lost all year.
DDP 39-15
Hogan: 7-21 I believe all but 3 of his loses were by DQ.
Public Enemy: 12-5
Kevin Nash: 20-18
Bret Hart: 16-11
Eddie Guerrero 16-25

I think Barry Darsow and Barry Horrowitz are the only guys to make more than one appearance who didn't win a single match. Even the Armstrongs will get a win by the end of the year.

46 matches that were either draws or no contests. The amount of DQ matches was too much to even bother putting in, but easily 60% or more were DQs.

I can do some other random stats if anyone wants them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Saint's Row 4 is a piece of shit. Saint's Row is so full of references that it makes Family Guy blush. Saint's Row has the most boring city in the world... So they reused it again because Volition are too cheap of fucks to make a new one. Or a good one. Saint's Row has about 1/8th the music of GTA. Saint's Row is the ultimate dumbing down of video games yet no one complains because it's not in First Person. Saint's Row superpowers control worse than Prototype. Its offensive powers control worse than InFamous. It's permanently dark because they're lazy as fuck and the few times its not dark, it looks like shit. Saint's Row thinks LOL CHUCK NORRIS style jokes with Keith David are funny. Saint's Rows characters are so weak they might as well not exist. Saint's Row's male character models all look like shitty GI Joe figures. Saint's Row rehashes jokes from its own game. Saint's Row's guns are worse than just about any shooter made in the last 5 years.

Saint's Row is the Wade Barrett of video games. A piece of shit that got pushed for no reason and people just accepted that he was good because they didn't want anyone to think badly of them.
D8t7K.gif

Sokantish

Saint's Row 4 is a piece of shit. Saint's Row is so full of references that it makes Family Guy blush. Saint's Row has the most boring city in the world... So they reused it again because Volition are too cheap of fucks to make a new one. Or a good one. Saint's Row has about 1/8th the music of GTA. Saint's Row is the ultimate dumbing down of video games yet no one complains because it's not in First Person. Saint's Row superpowers control worse than Prototype. Its offensive powers control worse than InFamous. It's permanently dark because they're lazy as fuck and the few times its not dark, it looks like shit. Saint's Row thinks LOL CHUCK NORRIS style jokes with Keith David are funny. Saint's Rows characters are so weak they might as well not exist. Saint's Row's male character models all look like shitty GI Joe figures. Saint's Row rehashes jokes from its own game. Saint's Row's guns are worse than just about any shooter made in the last 5 years.

Saint's Row is the Wade Barrett of video games. A piece of shit that got pushed for no reason and people just accepted that he was good because they didn't want anyone to think badly of them.
http://i.imgur.com/D8t7K.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

nope

strobogo

Banned
SRIV is super fun if you aren't looking for any kind of deep story or world immersion. It's all about being the Hulk and doing wrestling moves to aliens.

Lunchbox

Banned

D8t7K.gif
nerd

go watch an anime with frankman

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SRIV is super fun if you aren't looking for any kind of deep story or world immersion. It's all about being the Hulk and doing wrestling moves to aliens.

But I already did that.
With better moves.
And better animations.
and less shitty jokes
and an equally ugly/boring city
tumblr_mgpzoiUln41r4ww4go1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Saint's Row can't be the Wade Barrett of video games though. Saint's Row used to be pretty good. Wade was never good unless you like sucking down tea and thought you could relate to him.

Top Bottom