• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be happy if it just said September Wrassling Thread 2013. I don't care about names.

Kaladin

I'd be happy if it just said September Wrassling Thread 2013. I don't care about names.

Sunny....you need to keep playing The Last Of Us....when you get to the final third of the game in the winter and
they let you control Ellie after she's become a bad ass herself just like Joel....very satisfying character evolution.
Also,
you get that moment where Ellie mentions Joel's daughter, it's every bit as awkward and touchy feely as you'd expect...and you get to kill some dudes right after.

If you don't wanna be spoiled (and these are kinda minor, you knew it was coming eventually spoilers)....lets just say shit gets real....awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny....you need to keep playing The Last Of Us....when you get to the final third of the game in the winter and
they let you control Ellie after she's become a bad ass herself just like Joel....very satisfying character evolution.
Also,
you get that moment where Ellie mentions Joel's daughter, it's every bit as awkward and touchy feely as you'd expect...and you get to kill some dudes right after.

If you don't wanna be spoiled (and these are kinda minor, you knew it was coming eventually spoilers)....lets just say shit gets real....awesome.

yeah but does it fix the flawed stealth mechanics?

Kaladin

yeah but does it fix the flawed stealth mechanics?

I'd say so. The option is still there to do stealth or kill a bunch of dudes, but stealth becomes better as you go along. I just did a sequence where they wanted you to get around with stealth, and I did, but I ended up killing them all anyway because fuck it...you can.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is anyone else fundamentally bummed out that Night of Champions won't have a contest for the IC belt?

It's actually getting to me.

When football players do NFL moves...

ibhRuRqlV0c5m9.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know, I was rewatching the Taker/Kane HIAC match from 2010. This actually isn't a bad match. The cell is useless in this match, as I guess they didn't want any dangerous spots to fuck with Taker's arm, but this is actually a great brawl.

That works well considering some of the other previous themed threads like |SHOW-T| and...urrgggh...|BO-T|

What is that? What does this mean, 'urrgggh'? What is that word?

Is it like "urrgggh I miss the |BO-T|"?

or

"urrggggh why can't every month be |BO-T|"?

Help me here, Nocturnowl, what is it you're trying to say exactly?

In this vein, has there been a |Goa-T|? Works on three levels -- especially since Bryan's pretty much the top guy right now.
there has not, it works but i'm not sure if Wrasslegaf is that big on the Goat moniker for Bryan, unless it's the acronym GOAT of course.

You know, I was rewatching the Taker/Kane HIAC match from 2010. This actually isn't a bad match. The cell is useless in this match, as I guess they didn't want any dangerous spots to fuck with Taker's arm, but this is actually a great brawl.
I can't remember much of this one.
Kane/Taker HiaC was always a dream match of mine but unfortunately this one arrived too late in the wrong era, that and the ending with the urn looks kind of sloppy. It might have been a decent ruck up until that point but can't recall anything significant, I mean I quite like their NoC match which is like the attempt at an Attitude Era brawl in more restricted times.

What is that? What does this mean, 'urrgggh'? What is that word?

Is it like "urrgggh I miss the |BO-T|"?

or

"urrggggh why can't every month be |BO-T|"?

Help me here, Nocturnowl, what is it you're trying to say exactly?
It's the sound of my seasickness, this BOat makes me queasy.

Aiii

So not worth it
So decided not be a cheap skate this time and spend the 15 Euros for NoC. Hope it's not gonna be like WM where the stream didn't work and I ended up watching the blocky 240p streams anyways.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 11/19/98

The go home show for World War 3. I believe 3 matches have been announced, including the battle royal. Maybe 4. I'll figure it out by the end of the show.

Recap of Bret beating up the Horsemen and DDP making his return to challenge Bret.

Norman Smiley vs Booker T.

Is black on black crime a thing when one of the black guys is English? Norman unloads a series of uppercuts, taking Booker of guard. Smiley slam! Booker can't get into it. Flying forearm. I guess I was wrong. Ax kick. Actually it was more of a bicycle kick. Hilariously weak looking Harlem side kick. Book wins with the 110th street slam.

inajUvjhKS6ej.gif

Recap of Buff beating up fake Mama Steiner.

Scott Hall vs Disco Inferno

Disco got a quick start, but Hall easily won.

TO THE SKEEOVONE. WCW has booked a rematch between Jericho and Duncum Jr. for WW3. Jericho talks about hating cowboys since that wizard Stu Hart made him be a cowboy in his first match. Bobby Duncum Jr. comes out and hog ties Jericho.

EARLIER TODAY. Kaz Hayashi was looking for a partner. He came across Scott Hall and accidentally offered Hall a drink. Hall said after the matches, otherwise you get in big trouble.

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Kidman

Rey's first match as an LWO member. Kidman wants the real Rey, not the LWO Rey. Eddie comes out and says Rey is in the LWO by choice. Rey says since he beat Juvi, and Juvi beat Kidman, if he beats Kidman tonight, he should get the title shot at the PPV. He should get it anyway since he is the official number one contender. Kidman can get a rematch whenever. Eddie decides he's going to take this match for Rey.

Eddie Guerrero vs Kidman

I guess the winner will face Juvi at the PPV. Rey should still have the title shot at the PPV, and Kidman should get a rematch against the winner of that. Or Kidman gets his rematch at the PPV, and Rey gets his title match the next night. Kidman out quicks Eddie in the opening moments. Eddie comes back with a urinage and goes for the frog splash. Kidman pops up and does a superplex. YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN. Kidman was up for the SSP. He saw Rey and one other guy arguing, so he decides to jump on them for no reason that I could see. Other guy gets up on the apron. Rey holds his leg. Eddie bumps Kidman into this guy who's name I don't know, then rolls up Kidman with his feet on the ropes for the win. So, does Eddie get the title shot, or does that just mean that Rey won't get the title shot? After the match, the announcers explain it as the later, so Kidman vs Juvi at the PPV. Even though Kidman just lost. But Juvi lost a contender match at the show prior to winning the title in the first place, so who gives a fuck. JUVI VS KIDMAN XII! GET HYPED!

ig7sTc0o7kFXM.gif

Outsiders video airs.

Scott Norton vs Scott Putski

VIRGIL GETS TO CARRY THE IWGP CHAMPIONSHIP. Inoki-san is sad. The ref watches 3 men on the floor beat up Putski and doesn't call for the bell. Domination for the win. The announcers tried to build up Norton doing the powerbomb repeatedly as a message to Nash. It never leads to anything.

Recap of President Hogan, Bischoff, and Hall getting into a scrap on Nitro.

EARLIER TODAY. Kaz was still trying to find a partner for tonight. Looks like Disco agreed, since he believed Kaz meant a dancing partner.

The Cat vs Super Sensai

It's a white guy with eye liner to try to make him look Asian. Kaz runs in while the lights are off and Cat STILL knocks him on his ass. Saturn runs out for the save and says he's Kaz's partner for WW3. I didn't realize this was going to be a PPV match. Kaz looks like a total bitch since Cat AND Sonny have kicked his ass multiple times now with no effort.

iKDd3Xd0SQTuO.gif

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Alex Wright

Alex pretty easily wins with a jackknife hold.

Kanyon vs TAFKATAFKAPI

Kanyon tries to attack in the aisle that didn't work out for him very well. But in the ring, a sit out Dominator did work. Second rope outside in superplex. Prince makes a quick come back that was cut off with a Flatliner. BANG!

iXImnBfQimLX0.gif

Saturn vs Wrath

This is pretty back and forth for a few minutes until Cat and Ono come out to distract the ref and kick Saturn in the head. Meltdown for the win. Kaz came out to check on Saturn.

Konnan vs Bret Hart

Another waste of Bret Hart. Bret has stitches in his lip. Konnan starts as a house on fire. It's a pier six brawl. It's a donnybrook. Katie bar the door. Crimson mask. Suplay. The ref somehow misses Stevie Ray running in and hitting Konnan with a slapjack despite this happening right next to the ref. He's knocked out and Bret wins with the Sharpshooter. Bret attempts to Pillmanize Konnan after the match. DDP made the save. WE'RE OUTTA TIME. TUNE IN TO WORLD WAR 3!

Announced card for WW3:

World War 3 3 ring battle royal. Winner faces Goldberg at Starrcade.
Bret Hart vs DDP WCW US Championship
Kevin Nash vs Scott Hall
Kidman vs Juventud Guerrera WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Chris Jericho vs Bobby Duncum Jr. WCW TV Championship
The Cat/Sonny Ono vs Kaz Hayashi/Saturn

Rick Steiner/Judy Bagwell vs Scott Steiner/Buff Bagwell for the tag titles was scheduled, but was removed from the card due to Scott “injuring” Judy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This PPV might be worse than Road Wild 1998. At least you knew that one was bad going into it because...it's Road Wild.

Kaladin

Ah World War 3....the PPV you knew would be shit because everything was put into the 3 man battle royal, and they didn't want to overwork guys early because they would be in it, and battle royals are typically shitty booking and good god this one has three damn rings, and they still got them all done in under 30 minutes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Royal Rumble is the only good Battle Royal format I've ever come across. It allows the cameramen to do their job, the commentators to do theirs, sets up plenty of opportunities for fun spots (surprise wrestlers, big man going wild, bunch of faces/heels teaming up to eliminate some massive threat, tag team partners being the only two in the ring) at multiple points unlike regular battle royals which usually can only have those types of things near the end while the rest is a giant clusterfuck.

WW 3 is even worse than usual because of the three ring 60 man nonsense. The only cool thing it can provide are interesting multiple ring super chain wrestling/high flying spots and those are rare as fuck in these events.

Aiii

So not worth it
Quick someone, I need the Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray gif where Bully slowly lays down on the table after the botched spot.

Wrassle GAF! Just bought a New Dell XPS 15 L521x for $850. It has 8GB ram, with a NVIDIA GT 630 video card with 1 GB ram. Is the video card decent?

strobogo

Banned
After doing the spreadsheet, I had some weird wrestling dreams. Randy Orton doing a promo for NOC while looking like Ben Affleck Argo, A collection of Wolfpac Stings all with variations of face paint to match their moods. It was weird.

Top Bottom