• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Oh whatever @ Night Of Champions, THIS SHIT:

Apparently Wrestling is Intense just got CHIKARA'd at their show today. They tweeted "And now...it's main event time!" (the exact same tweet the CHIKARA twitter account posted before Condor Security invaded and shut down the show) and then during the main event GEKIDO of combatANT, deviANT & 17 appeared, beat the crap out of everyone and destroyed the ring. The promoter said that, because of this, Wrestling is Intense is shutting down.

And they did this...

IN FRONT OF TWENTY FOUR PEOPLE

#LongBurn #IAmChikara #IAmDead

Alucard

Banned
I'm sticking with my prediction:

HHH will say that Bryan's win was not legitimate due to the first referee getting knocked out and getting replaced by the second. Once the second ref came in, he was the official ref. Due to the fact that the second ref was TOTALLY HEALTHY when he left the match, the decision will be overturned since the second ref was actually still the legal ref. OR once a ref is said to be injured and removed from a match, he can't return to the same match.

Man, I really hope all of this BS doesn't sour Bryan's actual title victory. :-/

tumblr_mt76hsxLvU1soba38o1_400.gif

This is great

FUCKIN FAST COUNT MUST MEAN BRYAN IS ABOUT TO GET ROBBED OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP AGAIN!

THIS IS THE MOST STRESSFUL CELEBRATION I'VE EVER SEEN! GET OUT OF THERE BRYAN!

OH FUCK HERE IT COMES!

Executive Producer
Vince Gilligan McMahon

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

HHH will say that Bryan's win was not legitimate due to the first referee getting knocked out and getting replaced by the second. Once the second ref came in, he was the official ref. Due to the fact that the second ref was TOTALLY HEALTHY when he left the match, the decision will be overturned since the second ref was actually still the legal ref. OR once a ref is said to be injured and removed from a match, he can't return to the same match.

Man, I really hope all of this BS doesn't sour Bryan's actual title victory. :-/
It has, Bryan has held the title twice in the last month.

Dthomp

I don't know how to feel about this. I want to be excited about the Bryan win, but I feel this cheapens when he gets the big win of this feud. We all expect this overturned tomorrow night on Raw, would have rather had it tonight

Aiii

So not worth it

For one, they did the fast count, so why you're going with the contrived storyline makes no sense to me.

For second, Bryan shouldn't be champion right now, so I HOPE they strip him. As said above, a small taste of the title and then take it from him. Perfect. For one night we all get what we wanted and then they take it from us. That works fine for me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Holy NSFW!

According to my sources: "The rest of winners on the card were scheduled to be Ambrose, Shield, Axel & Heyman, and Bryan."

Yes, that's the last part of Dolphin's tweet/reddit post. He made it sound like all was lost and these were now not the results, but in the end everything else ended up being right.

Alucard

Banned
For one, they did the fast count, so why you're going with the contrived storyline makes no sense to me.

For second, Bryan shouldn't be champion right now, so I HOPE they strip him. As said above, a small taste of the title and then take it from him. Perfect. For one night we all get what we wanted and then they take it from us. That works fine for me.

Is it what we wanted, though? I'm not even excited.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is it what we wanted, though? I'm not even excited.

Bryan is a two-time WWE champ and got to walk out with the belt. You can be a little excited.

It's just that your legit shook, because nobody actually expected it. And that's okay too.

I just hope that they (the new Corporation) argue that although the referee's decision is final, that Bryan can not legitimately beat Orton (after humiliating the referee). After all, Brad Maddox blatantly interfered in the match he was officiating between CM Punk and Ryback and that result stood (although logic doesn't often apply in wrestling).

Triple H will ref the next match, Bryan will still win, and Triple H will finally have the big payoff match with Bryan.

Hopefully they don't strip or vacate the title. I guess we'll see.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope they play everybody tomorrow with the ending to Raw looking like Triple H will strip Bryan of the title but instead he does a HHHThumbsDown.gif again and has The Shield destroy Orton and then he buries him. And Hunter and Daniel hug it out to celebrate as the show goes off air.

Would be better than whatever they're planning for tomorrow.

Also I would never snitch on Trish Stratus pics. Kaitlyn pics definitely though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Isn't the rest of the year a PPV every three weeks? The next one is also going to be rough unless they start booking something interesting.

I just think it's strange that Bryan, a face who won't back down, accept a fast count so blatant (a heat of the moment thing perhaps?)

If anything, Bryan should just keep it until Survivor Series then win it at Mania after a Rumble win.

Or HHH chose Bryan as the face and Orton got screwed out of the title, thus Bryan turning heel. Which doesn't make any sense because you dedicated 3-4 weeks of HHH physically assaulting Bryan like jello pudding. Ugh. Just strip it off him.

El-Suave

Battleground is just three weeks away, they'll probably let him keep the title till then. Two PPV's in October, now that Bryan's champion it's not good for business to make him challenger again for both. I would think he's heading for a spectacular loss being screwed at Battleground.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
He'll get stripped of the title tomorrow and end up with a rematch at the next PPV.

Isn't the rest of the year a PPV every three weeks? The next one is also going to be rough unless they start booking something interesting.

They already set up things in this PPV. The feuds continue. Punk against Heyman, now with Ryback, and Bryan continues to feud with Orton and the McMahons.

Kaladin

I just think it's strange that Bryan, a face who won't back down, accept a fast count so blatant (a heat of the moment thing perhaps?)

If anything, Bryan should just keep it until Survivor Series then win it at Mania after a Rumble win.

Or HHH chose Bryan as the face and Orton got screwed out of the title, thus Bryan turning heel. Which doesn't make any sense because you dedicated 3-4 weeks of HHH physically assaulting Bryan like jello pudding. Ugh. Just strip it off him.

I don't think he even realized it was a fast count, commentary didn't acknowledge it and usually they're all over that sort of thing....at least one of them is. The swerve will come tomorrow on Raw....the question is to strip or to nullify or to just do a quick rematch with Bryan defending?

Brinbe

Some fuckery is obviously gonna happen tomorrow, but I'll enjoy the fuck outta these next 24 hours. That shot of Bryan celebrating with that kid said it all. The dude is a legit star now and I couldn't be happier

And fuck I can't be looking at those pics on a public bus. Goddamn it wrassle gaf

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He'll get stripped of the title tomorrow and end up with a rematch at the next PPV.

They already set up things in this PPV. The feuds continue. Punk against Heyman, now with Ryback, and Bryan continues to feud with Orton and the McMahons.

I get that, but they need to do something interesting with the matches. It would have worked better if HIAC happened first.

Orton vs Bryan in the cell will be a pretty good match.

jred2k

So even though the win will get overturned, HHH now has good reason to doubt he picked the best person to be the face of the company. Does this lead to a new corporate champ or an extra vicious Orton trying to prove himself?

Top Bottom