• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Ryder back on RAW maybe we will get another great moment

jRDvj.gif

That was a really fun ending to Raw. Finally some energy has been injected into this lumbering angle. Even Orton played his role well. Dude should NEVER be anything but a psychotic character, whether face or heel. It's all he does well.

And CHRIST @ Rollins' bumps. He's gonna kill himself.

And sigh @ Punk still floating in some alternate dimension with Heyman and Rybonk. They need to pause that angle for a few months, it's getting tiring.

Really loved how Kofi still jobbed in that ending too.

That was real smart. Whoever the agent was that made that happen knows what they're doing. Because Reigns has been looking awesome, and he looked good in this match. Usually, that would mean WWE making him look weak immediately, throwing all that work right in the garbage, but here they actually protected his heat.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So Battlegrounds is the new War Games???

That was real smart. Whoever the agent was that made that happen knows what they're doing. Because Reigns has been looking awesome, and he looked good in this match. Usually, that would mean WWE making him look weak immediately, throwing all that work right in the garbage, but here they actually protected his heat.

He also probably hurt his spine

in the replay he was looking like his hand went numb

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Guys bumping like that are idiots. It's not even effective bumping. They'll flop around, then pop right back for the next move. Better selling is when a guy simply acts like a move is real and shows some prolonged aches and pains. Show a limp or grab your head. Something.

Reminds me of earlier in the show when Swagger had on an ankle lock on an Uso for a long while. Uso breaks it, then jumps onto the top rope like nothing happened.

Sokantish

Guys bumping like that are idiots. It's not even effective bumping. They'll flop around, then pop right back for the next move. Better selling is when a guy simply acts like a move is real and shows some prolonged aches and pains. Show a limp or grab your head. Something.

Reminds me of earlier in the show when Swagger had on an ankle lock on an Uso for a long while. Uso breaks it, then jumps onto the top rope like nothing happened.

Before he jumped on the top rope he made sure to kick him first though

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Before he jumped on the top rope he made sure to kick him first though
He used the foot that the ankle lock was on, lol.

Guys like Ziggler and Rollins do these ridiculous bumps for no reason. Just some sensible selling would be more effective. Got kicked in the head? Grab your head? Kicked in the leg repeatedly? Limp for a while. Guys don't do that anymore.

LmAo big show still a bitch.

loooooooooooooooooool, holy shit

on the other hand, the midcard isn't as broke as he is. They don't have families to take care of!

i thought that was the other uso on the top rope, didn't he make a tag?

Rollins is REALLY good at selling, though, so him flopping around like that actually works.

Rollins is basically Ziggler + WAY more stylistic variation. And better offense. When he goes solo, all they need to do is have him rock out Jeff Hardy style, with face paint and such. and they'll have a big star for the teen girls to pop for.

Tendo

Guys like Ziggler and Rollins do these ridiculous bumps for no reason. Just some sensible selling would be more effective. Got kicked in the head? Grab your head? Kicked in the leg repeatedly? Limp for a while. Guys don't do that anymore.

I loved reigns selling the knee. Made Bryan look like a technician without taking a stupid bump. A little limp an shaking it or tapping it now and again.

Reigns really impressed me tonight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Naito does. Ambrose also does.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rollins is REALLY good at selling, though, so him flopping around like that actually works.

Rollins is basically Ziggler + WAY more stylistic variation. When he goes solo, all they need to do is have him rock out Jeff Hardy style, and they'll have a big star for the teen girls to pop for.
Rollins is better at selling than Ziggler (selling, not bumping), but both guys overdo the bumps. There's no need, and it shortens their careers.

Vestal

He is still green as far as carrying a match, but the guy has a solid future. He has the look, and knows how to convey a message through facial expressions. His move set while limited is still pretty effective. He needs to fix his Samoa Drop drop though, doesn't look so hot.

But please don't over use the spear. Find your own finisher, maybe a modified Batista Bomb would be good for him, the Moment of Silence while nice doesn't feel as sudden or as powerful.

I loved reigns selling the knee. Made Bryan look like a technician without taking a stupid bump. A little limp an shaking it or tapping it now and again.

Reigns really impressed me tonight.

Yeah. Orton selling the arm tonight in the first segment was FIRST CLASS, and shows a lot of respect to D-Brine.

Rollins is better at selling than Ziggler (selling, not bumping), but both guys overdo the bumps. There's no need, and it shortens their careers.

There's no NEED, but there's no denying it gets the crowd behind you and makes your comeback even more emotionally satisfying. Hell, Ziggler got a WHC reign, however crummy, from taking great bumps. (And he's pretty good at selling, too, FWIW. He sold ADR's armbar super well during their cash-in match.)

Edit: I'd go as far as to say that I didn't think Reigns' match with Bryan was substantially worse than either the Rollins or Ambrose matches in the last few weeks. That's probably more a credit to Bryan that Reigns, but still, it takes two to make a match, and Reigns has "it".

Vestal

Yup this... I was also pissed at that, it was horrible booking of that match or TERRIBLE selling by the Uso. Simply do not setup a highflying move right after someone tries to break your ankle.

While I do agree that Rollins over bumps, it has its place, and he does sell very well. Reigns was selling the shit out of Bryan as well which surprised me.

Manbig

Not really. The drop kick that sent him flying into the table was probably not intended to be taken the way that he took it, but that bump that he took from the Busaiku Knee Kick was a pretty standard bump that is easy to do when you go with the momentum. He had his head turned to the side and everything.

Eidan

Wow. This was one of the more entertaining Raws I can think of. I thought the beginning segment between Trips, Bryan, and Orton was well done. Stephanie was firing on all cylinders all night. "Bring those long legs out here." The Show/Dusty segment was the first time I actually felt bad for Show. Heyman/Ryback was fucking HILARIOUS. Orton/Miz was great. And my blood was pumping at the end of the Bryan/Reigns match.

WWE just seems to be on a roll right now.

Watch Orton kill Miz for the lulz, then skip to the main event + aftermath. The rest of the show was just....Raw.

Your indifference to anything WWE is just stunning.

This was, top to bottom, the most entertaining Raw I've seen since the one right after... was it Extreme Rules? I think so. Great opening segment, good Ambrose/Ziggler match, good final showoff between The Usos and The Real Americans, alright Fandango/R-Truth and Sandow/RVD matches, hysterical Heyman/Ryback promo, GREAT fucking promo from Dusty Rhodes (and a good use of Big Show crying afterwards), Miz getting killed, and a main event match that made Roman Reigns look like a champ. The only particularly bad thing was the Divas match, and that was like 6 minutes.

I'm being honest when I say I don't know what else WWE could reasonably do to make you enjoy the product.

Top Bottom