• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great avatar Sunflower.I loved that Rumble promo..

My thanks to The Warrior for getting me to sit up and notice it. Wonder what other insane WWE promo costumes there are out there?

That Rumble poster, though, looks like the height of McMahon's ego. All of theirs. I love it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did you like GTA IV or not? I'm trying to crowd source an opinion from likeminded individuals that hated GTA IV before buying. Because lord knows I can't trust review outlets on this one.

I didn't hate GTAIV.

this, however, is infinitely better, both as a GTA as well as a game in general.

jred2k

Look no further than the Rumble promo from 2005 for more crazy costumes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqcA3wiKG0

I was JUST about to post that.

kvuseRt.jpg

strobogo

Banned
WWE's roster is in a weird place where they have too many guys to not have the brand split, but not enough guys to bring the brand split back. I think it's from the Cena era creating to many mid carders for life with no possibility of elevation. It leaves you with a roster of 4 top guys and everyone else is completely interchangeable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE's roster is in a weird place where they have too many guys to not have the brand split, but not enough guys to bring the brand split back. I think it's from the Cena era creating to many mid carders for life with no possibility of elevation. It leaves you with a roster of 4 top guys and everyone else is completely interchangeable.

It doesn't make good business sense at all, but I wish they had an off-season. That'd go a ways towards this.

gurudyne

God, we're still 3 months away from having one. Hurry up time! Definitely going in on this one. I still can't believe we had 41 people watching. Zandig was not amused!

Can we ban the superheavyweights this year? Or reclass them as normal heavyweights? I'd actually like some good wrestlers to have a chance at winning.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we ban the superheavyweights this year? Or reclass them as normal heavyweights? I'd actually like some good wrestlers to have a chance at winning.

It'll be done in 2k14 though, we'll have to see what fuckin wild-ass AI there is for that. If there's an exploit or it's super unfair, I'm against it and will end up simming it in TNM7.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you know how much money the company would lose if they did an offseason? Will never happen.

Yes, like I mentioned, it doesn't make good business sense, unless they're prepared to lose a LOT of money for a few years while they build it up, but even then, there's a lot of untapped potential earnings they're still turning their backs on.

somedevil

Hulk Hogan's contract with the company expires on October 1, according to multiple sources within the company. There is no indication that Hogan and TNA have come to terms on a new deal. Sources within the Hogan camp declined to comment on the matter.

What will TNA do? Also, if Viacom wants him back TNA will resign him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What will TNA do? Also, if Viacom wants him back TNA will resign him.

They can't afford him and to be honest, he's not enough to save TNA in any way shape or form. They should let him go, let WWE pick him back up again and baby his finances.

How about instead of an off season they spend a month on the NXT roster while giving the main roster a reset. Build a PPV around NXT once a year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't forget how long it took me to do the Avatar Rumble, getting all the different themes. Oy vey! Hopefully more entrants from the 2k14 game and not ones I have to seek out, it got wild.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, when freight train rolled out as one of the first two entrants and chat exploded, thats when i knew the rumble was going to be amazing.

That was the shit. FREIGHT TRAAAAYNE

Zandig was MVP though

somedevil

WWE Raw on Monday, September 16 scored a 2.96 rating following Night of Champions, up slightly from a 2.91 rating leading into Night of Champions.

Raw eeked out four million viewers, averaging 4.013 million viewers over the course of three hours. Raw was up three percent from last week's average of 3.886 million viewers.

Hourly Break Down: First Hour - a show-low 3.865 million viewers for the immediate PPV fall-out, Second Hour - show-high 4.162 million viewers for Dusty-Stephanie and chaos, Third Hour - 4.012 million viewers.

Raw is doing pretty well with no Cena right now. Seems like Bryan and alternate dimension Punk are carrying the show.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Raw is doing pretty well with no Cena right now. Seems like Bryan and alternate dimension Punk are carrying the show.

It would do even better if fans had more than 2 or 3 storylines/wrestlers to care about!

Also, keep in mind that MNF is stealing viewers away. I think we were in the 2.7s last year during football season.

Kaladin

I think the Rhodes McDrama is picking up steam and will carry ratings a bit going forward. I only hope that Cody comes out of this as upper mid-card at least.....if not lower main event status.

Bit of a late reply but you NXT fans (like me) gotta stop hoping for an NXT hopeful run in to save someone on WWE main programming: IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! They have to do at least 2 months of videos and vignettes before they can even debut let alone "surprise" debut. Look at Fandango, look at The Shield, look at the Wyatts (I know Big E and Bo but they were and are currently NXT champ respectively).

Top Bottom