• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Ithil

YOOOOO

Shaun Ricker gets to use his name? Awesome. Dude rules.

OR I CAN JUST FLY MY ASS WHERE EVER I WANT AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN SAINTS ROW IV.

Unfortunately not, his NXT name is Slate Randall, for some reason his is the only one labelled with his old name. He seems quite charismatic, though.

Much, much more San Andreas. It shares a little of the mechanical/animation weight from GTAIV (though much improved and tighter), and a few other design choices, but the atmosphere, so far, is much lighter, the map is HUGE and varied, the character are hilarious and despicable, and the missions all seem significantly more varied and explosive.

It feels like San Andreas 2.

fuck yeah

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
all you GTAV nuthuggers did the saaaame shit when GTAIV came out

don't even front!

Time will tell. Alls I know is I had a shitty racing mission like all GTAs give. Same old shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bottom line = If you like GTA, buy GTAV. It's shaping up to be one of the best in the series. If you're looking for weightless wacky nonsense videogame ass videogames, stick with Saints Row. (there's nothing wrong with the latter category either)

Too bad GTA V even does wacky mini missions better than Saint's Row's overpriced DLC self.

all you GTAV nuthuggers did the saaaame shit when GTAIV came out

don't even front!

Time will tell. Alls I know is I had a shitty racing mission like all GTAs give. Same old shit.

I fully reserve the right to crap on this game if it turns sour 20 hours from now, but it's been a more impressive experience than GTAIV was in 2008 IMO. On top of that, the controls aren't completely booty butt cheeks which was my main issue with GTAIV.

The map's better, the controls are better, people love the missions, the characters are better, the tech is better, there's way more content; even if the backlash comes, it won't be as huge as GTAIV.

That's the main reason why I'm skipping GTAV, and TLOU.

I won't hold it against you. I love TLOU, and GTAV might even surpass that, but I know some people just don't vibe with these kinds of games. That's fine.

Me? I love both types. Hell, I bought The Wonderful 101 at the same time I bought GTA. Gimme the wacky, gimme the balanced, gimme the super serious.

Too bad GTA V even does wacky mini missions better than Saint's Row's overpriced DLC self.

I haven't gotten that deep but I wouldn't doubt it. $265 million well spent.

KissVibes

Banned
Unfortunately not, his NXT name is Slate Randall, for some reason his is the only one labelled with his old name. He seems quite charismatic, though.

THAT'S A TERRIBLE NAME.

He isn't a funking Flintstones character.

Shaun Ricker is the perfect name for a good-looking charismatic guy who comes off like a slight dick but in an endearing way.

Enzo and Big Cass were great!

I can't wait for them to show up and call HHH S-A-W-F-T! SAAAAAAUUUUGHHWFT!!

lcdCMWz.gif

tumblr_msbfugwkBc1qixp4wo1_500.gif

i caved and bought this GTA game

That's an NXT name if i've ever heard one

Shhhh...

Also those SD spoilers sound like a good show for a change.

Yeah, love looking at these. Crowe reminding me of the lead singer of Fall Out Boy circa a few years ago, for some reason. I think it's the hat.

Oh shit, I hope Shootin' the Breeze becomes a regular thing

Anth0ny

Much, much more San Andreas. It shares a little of the mechanical/animation weight from GTAIV (though much improved and tighter), and a few other design choices, but the atmosphere, so far, is much lighter, the map is HUGE and varied, the characters are hilarious and despicable, and the missions all seem significantly more varied and explosive.

It feels like San Andreas 2.

Agreed.

About 16% into the game right now, and I'm pleasantly surprised so far. My expectations were not high after the shit that was GTA IV. Having a lot of fun.

KissVibes

Banned
I watched that Bo Dallas video.

It's terrible. I understand he's trying to take hold of how much we hate him but yoooo, he's still so fucking terrible at EVERYTHING.

Xavier Woods is fucking beautiful. Dude is perfect.

I never thought i'd say this, but the Mason Ryan short made me legit lol

Also I was playing the Jake Carter one in a different tab and it finished and i remembered nothing about it. No wonder he was cut. He was practically Nature Boy Jr. in his video, despite actually being Vader Jr. and looking like The fucking Miz

edit: holy shit, need a gif of Enzo spelling out SAWFT from that video

KissVibes

Banned
Also I was playing the Jake Carter one in a different tab and it finished and i remembered nothing about it. No wonder he was cut. He was practically Nature Boy Jr. in his video, despite actually being Vader Jr. and looking like The fucking Miz

It's scary how much he looks like The Miz and yeah, his promo was terrible.

strobogo

Banned
El Hijo del Mastodonte is probably the most disappointing second generation wrestler ever. It must be some kind of cosmic joke for someone like Vader to have an average sized pretty boy as the fruit of his loins if you wheel.

Where's Wade Barrett? I swear I'm the only Barrett fan on the interwebs. :(

He's pretty much disappeared 3 to 4 weeks ago. I don't think he's injured either so he's gonna get repackaged / get another mini push OR he'll start appearing on Superstars and Main Event and job every week.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Barrett isn't exactly injured, but he is resting his shoulder to prevent one from developing after that steel cage match with Bryan. He'll be back soon.

You can still see him however, getting a consistent good showing on the JBL & Cole show. Which for anyone who has been watching, when someone does well on it (Bryan rapping, wrestling a bear, A BEAR!, etc) or Sandow proving to be a talented singer, they eventually get a decent push not that long after.
http://youtu.be/D4FTfhcdaIc?t=4m2s
http://youtu.be/0rZD8xO5Bs0?t=4m49s
http://youtu.be/0shw2Nz0TOE?t=3m50s

KissVibes

Banned
Barrett is coming back with a new theme by Manic Street Preachers.

Vince should have him be HIS "face of WWE." Use the bad blood between him and Orton to add variety.

G-Fex

Yes barrett is going to come back tougher than ever.

Super tough fist fighter, street brawler...

PFFFFFFFFTTAHHAHAHAHHA

Hasney

Just have HHH pay him as a hired gun. You just have random faces from the mid-card uprising be found unconscious backstage and it turns out that Barret was behind it.

Zack Ryder is hit so hard, he has to take 6 months off of TV due to a coma. Then everybody wins.

He could be HHH's personal messenger. Basically, the Bad News Barrett gimmick.

Until he inevitably gets tag-teamed with Danny Burch, assuming (1) he gets called up and (2) Barrett hasn't been FE'd

strobogo

Banned
Your boy Christian when through a string of them when he broke away from Edge. He also went through a few in 2003ish. Then there was that period where Austin had a different version of his theme every week for about a month and a half.

Top Bottom