• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

DiscoJon

Banned
Yeah but it's MSP, so it'll be real good!

Has anyone gone through themes like Barrett?
Triple H has had what, 6-9 themes? More? I've lost count.

Two or three DX themes.

Two Motörhead themes.

The "Yo gimmie some of that Triple H" theme.

His original "blue blood" theme.

???

normal_140913_AJORG_025.JPG

normal_140913_AJORG_027.JPG

BUVGM-4IEAAlbu_.jpg

mHDQalQ.gif

mLmEq93.gif

strobogo

Banned
What's that GNR song from Terminator 2? You could be mine?

Yes. That would have been a good fit.

Two or three DX themes.

Two Motörhead themes.

???

His original blue blood theme, Beethoven's Symphony No. 9, DX theme, instrumental version of My Time, My Time with lyrics, the Run DMC version of DX theme, The Game, instrumental version of the Evolution theme, Evolution theme with lyrics, King of Kings. I believe there was also a Drowning Pool version of The Game and maybe a rap version of My Time as well. I'm pretty sure the 2006-on DX theme was slightly redone and counted as a new theme.

Jericho should be up there, since he's had 400 versions of his WWE theme over the years.

Two or three DX themes.

Two Motörhead themes.

???

1. Blue Blood #1
2. Blue Blood #2
3. DX
4. Generic rock theme after turning on DX
5. My Time no lyrics
6. My Time lyrics
7. Run DMC DX
8. My Time remix
9. Motorhead - Time To Play The Game
10. WWE Evolution
11. Motorhead - Evolution
11. Motorhead - King of Kings
12. DX 2009

DiscoJon

Banned
1. Blue Blood #1
2. Blue Blood #2
3. DX
4. Generic rock theme after turning on DX
5. My Time no lyrics
6. My Time lyrics
7. Run DMC DX
8. My Time remix
9. Motorhead - Time To Play The Game
10. WWE Evolution
11. Motorhead - Evolution
11. Motorhead - King of Kings
12. DX 2009

Holy Shit. I completely forgot about Evolution. Everything. The stable, music, feuds, etc...

I need to brush up on my early to mid-2000s wrestling.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 12/3/98

Only 2 more Thunders after this. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hogan announced his retirement and Scott Steiner is the new leader of the nWo.

The show starts with a "career" retrospective for Hulk Hogan. By "career" they meant the last four years. This is followed with a recap of the Outsiders reuniting on Nitro. 11 minutes of recaps to start the show.

Scott Steiner and the nWo ref come to the ring. Scott starts his promo out by saying he's better than Elvis and definitely put down more hootchies than Elvis. He's the only guy who can carry on the tradition of Hulk Hogan. He wants to kill Scott Hall tonight.

Eddie Guerrero vs Ciclope

What if this was actually Dean Malenko again? What if Ciclope never existed and was always Dean Malenko? After about 2 minutes, Eddie asks the ref to call for the bell. I guess he quit so he could offer Ciclope as spot in the LWO. Hypnosis gets promo time! What the fuck. Ciclope joins. Or did Dean Malenko join?

Giant vs Renegade

No "the"s in this match. Or this company. Or this great sport. This is biggest match in history of this great sport. Makes no sense. Why does WCW hate definite articles? Lol, Giant buries Renegade for being a Warrior rip off. He goes on to call DDP a leather faced rip off, I assume, The Rock. As he shit talks DDP, DDP shows up with a chair. He knocks Giant out of the ring. "Hey fat head giant SCUM." Scum can fit into any name. Stone Cold SCUM Austin. Vince McSCUM. La ParkSCUM. Bobby DunSCUM Jr.

Mike Enos vs Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Enos tries to press slam Chavo to the floor. The ref wouldn't let him. Chavo dropkicks him to the floor and tries a pescado. Enos caught him. Kind of. Chavo attempts a super rana, which is countered into a super bomb. Enos then does a second rope powerslam. Mike fucks around with Pepe and almost gets pinned. Mike goes for a powerbomb on top of Pepe. Chavo counters with a sunset flip for the win. Enos attacks Chavo after the match.

irs7jCDuxGK5j.gif

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Villano V

Rey sends Villano to the floor right away and hits a flipping senton. He tries a springboard cross body that is countered into a slam. Hot shot. Villano then hits a leg drop while Rey's neck is across the bottom rope. Wacky lucha submission. Kind of like an inverted stump puller. Bronco buster. Code red bulldog. Springboard rana for the win.

TO THE SCHIAVONE.
Tony caught up with Rey as he walked to the back. Eddie and the LWO interrupted. Eddie chooses Juvi to get the next title shot, not Rey. Great. Another Kidman/Juvi match. Next week, Rey will meet Juvi and the winner will face Kidman at Starrcade. Eddie is not happy with this.

Chip Minton vs Wrath

Chip came out to Chris Adams' song. He was an Olympic athlete I believe in the bobsleigh. Or is it bobsled? This was kind of competitive, but Wrath easily won.

Recap of Dusty SWERVING Bischoff and allowing for Flair vs Bischoff at Starrcade.

Kanyon/Raven vs Steve McMichael/Chris Benoit

Kanyon has something to turn Raven's frown upside down. It's The Question! "Who's NOT betta than Kanyon?" "I gotcha!" Lol. They're saying Raven put his head through a window earlier in the day. Tony at least says that Raven should get help and depression isn't something you can just get a pep talk out of. Kanyon and Benoit start and have a nice sequence that ends in a chop. Raven won't tag in. Kanyon tries a few times. Mongo gets tagged in. Kanyon handles him pretty easily as long as he isn't trying to get Raven interested in the match. Benoit also tries to get Raven's head in the game. He dominates Kanyon. Missed diving headbutt. Kanyon hits the sit out Dominator and again tries for a tag. He forces the rag. Raven walks away. Iron Crossface on Kanyon, but they actually win by count out due to Raven being the legal man when he walked out.

About the 8th recap of Konnan winning the TV Championship on Nitro airs. Then Konnan's music video.

Disco Inferno vs Konnan WCW TV Championship

Even at 1.20x speed, Konnan still does lucha stuff in slow motion. Konnan wins. Cunt.

Scott Hall vs Scott Steiner

The nWo ref checks Hall for weapons. Hall insists he checks Steiner and then decks Steiner. SWERVE! The ref holds Hall's legs so Steiner can attack. Tree of Joey Lawrence. Maybe we could change that to the tree of Keanu Reeves. Tony talks about Hall never getting his title shot from winning WW3 last year, but he did. He was supposed to get it at Souled Out, but ended up getting it at at Uncensored. Tiger bomb. Almost a back drop driver from Steiner. Short chokeslam. The ref makes as slow of a count as possible. Super bulldog from Hall. The ref pulls Steiner out of the Outsider's Edge. The ref gets it instead. Steiner Recliner. There is no ref to break the hold. WE'RE OUTTA TIME.

ibnhearVzzMpAk.gif

At least there are only 2 more Thunders left.

strobogo

Banned
It blows my mind how no one in WWE seems to realize how terrible the booking trend of "the MITB winner is a fucking loser until he cashes in" is. That helps no one. It makes the guy who won look like shit, all the guys HE beat to win the case look like shit, and then makes the champion look like shit when this dude who spends the next 8 months losing every match beats him.

Kaladin

It blows my mind how no one in WWE seems to realize how terrible the booking trend of "the MITB winner is a fucking loser until he cashes in" is. That helps no one. It makes the guy who won look like shit, all the guys HE beat to win the case look like shit, and then makes the champion look like shit when this dude who spends the next 8 months losing every match beats him.

I guess you could say that the win throws a wrestler off his usual game.....wouldn't you be legit shook if you KNEW you would be world champ one day soon? Yeah, it is kinda shitty how it happens to everyone and it happens for months...but I think I get the idea behind the booking.

DominoKid

it's corny as hell.

It's just lazy-ass booking at its finest. The briefcase gives the guy something to hold up, but he doesn't need to defend it, so they just have him job until they're ready to do something with him, because they reason that he can get his heat back in an instant with the cash-in.

strobogo

Banned
The idea behind the booking is "well if this guy is the next champ, then beating him will be good for whoever beats him". In reality, it makes everyone look like shit. As if the WHC needs help to be treated as a secondary title. You'll notice that doesn't happen to the WWE winners. Jobbing to Santino and then winning the title doesn't help Santino. It hurts the title.

Kaladin

The idea behind the booking is "well if this guy is the next champ, then beating him will be good for whoever beats him". In reality, it makes everyone look like shit. As if the WHC needs help to be treated as a secondary title. You'll notice that doesn't happen to the WWE winners. Jobbing to Santino and then winning the title doesn't help Santino. It hurts the title.

They always have a plan with the WWE MITB, WHC is always a long term thing.

KissVibes

Banned
Why is nobody making shirts for Japanese wrestlers? Someone could clean up with a few designs on Redbubble or one of the wrestling shirt sites like Barbershop Window and Turnbuckle Tees.

And why the hell does Ultramantis have zero shit in my size? And why does it all have to be rebranded band stuff? I like Black Flag and Jawbreaker too, Mantis but just sell me something original with your face on it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Do you think TNA will make it to this time next year? I will be legit sad when TNA goes under. They were better then WWE for a couple of years! Come back and save your company Jeff Jarret :(

Kaladin

GTA V is fucking amazing btw....best GTA of this generation.

I escaped a wanted level last night by jumping into the ocean and swam to the nearest stairway only to realize that I was walking up to an airport. Airports have an immediate 3 star wanted level and cops were on me in seconds. They shot me as I swam away underwater...fucking pigs.

Why is nobody making shirts for Japanese wrestlers? Someone could clean up with a few designs on Redbubble or one of the wrestling shirt sites like Barbershop Window and Turnbuckle Tees.

And why the hell does Ultramantis have zero shit in my size? And why does it all have to be rebranded band stuff? I like Black Flag and Jawbreaker too, Mantis but just sell me something original with your face on it.
NJPw doesnt even have a toy line brah.

And TNA will stick around.

Kaladin

I always have to remind everyone that TNA will stick around even if they have to run bingo halls with just a core roster. This is a company that survived for a few months without a TV deal by streaming their weekly show on their website in 2005....years before iPPV became a thing.

Still haven't received my Suzuki-gun shirt I ordered from a Japanese reseller - I fear I may have been ripped off :(

I fail to understand what the big fucking problem is with Japanese companies sending goods outside of Japan. I'd gladly pay the exorbitant international shipping costs if the items were coming direct from New Japan. They have an option for English on the New Japan store now, but it just takes you to a reseller website, lol. Fuck, let me cut out the middle man, New Japan!

'sup wrassleGAF. First time poster in these threads, really only gotten in to the whole thing recently. Just dropping in with a couple Daffney jiffs 'cause the world always needs more Daffney.

i4FWjMRIt31jn.gif

igMfkUT9ovXaj.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

TV by the numbers is a poor site. TNA hovers around a .9 and a 1.1 usually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
'sup wrassleGAF. First time poster in these threads, really only gotten in to the whole thing recently. Just dropping in with a couple Daffney jiffs 'cause the world always needs more Daffney.

Welcome to the Promotion!

Before we can complete your paperwork and get you here full-time we're going to require a Fave Five list. Once submitted, we can integrate you into the workflow and mindshare of what WrassleGAF is about.

TV by the numbers is a poor site. TNA hovers around a .9 and a 1.1 usually.

Ahh didn't know that, anything more reliable? I like checking out TV show ratings from time to time.

Looks like they do have them drawing about 1.2 million viewers, which if true wouldn't be so bad. RAW draws about 3.8 million

Entropia

No One Remembers

Before we can complete your paperwork and get you here full-time we're going to require a Fave Five list. Once submitted, we can integrate you into the workflow and mindshare of what WrassleGAF is about.

And make sure to shake everyone's hand.

Haha, don't really think I'm informed enough to be picking faves yet. Talking serious wrestling neophyte here. My experience basically includes a couple episodes of TNA I caught flipping through channels a few years back, a handful of Daffney matches I've watched on Dailymotion, and the last few episodes of Raw.

Fun stuff, though. Glad I'm finally getting in to it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Haha, don't really think I'm informed enough to be picking faves yet. Talking serious wrestling neophyte here. My experience basically includes a couple episodes of TNA I caught flipping through channels a few years back, a handful of Daffney matches I've watched on Dailymotion, and the last few episodes of Raw.

So wrestling hasn't had time to turn you into a bitter person yet! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Just based on the last few weeks of RAW, my fave 5 would be

5) Fandango
4) Ziggler
3) Cesaro
2) Dusty Rhodes
1) Bryan

honorable mention to the Levesque family

Bottom 5

Big Shoe crying
Natalya on the mic
Miz doing anything
Rodriguez ruining RVD's entrance
Creative's handling of CM Punk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well Box o' Bunnies, let me tell ya, there's some required viewing you should try.

IF you have the time that is. First up: try an episode of NXT, available on Hulu.

Second: watch Day 4 of NJPW's G1 Climax in full. It's long, PPV-length, but you will probably enjoy it.

If they're not for you, don't despair - but I demand you try!

So wrestling hasn't had time to turn you into a bitter person yet! Enjoy it while it lasts!

It's too late for wrestling to do that, other stuff's beaten it to the punch ;p

Well Box o' Bunnies, let me tell ya, there's some required viewing you should try.

IF you have the time that is. First up: try an episode of NXT, available on Hulu.

Second: watch Day 4 of NJPW's G1 Climax in full. It's long, PPV-length, but you will probably enjoy it.

If they're not for you, don't despair - but I demand you try!

Sure thing. I'll give both of 'em a go in the next day or two and report back. Would start on NXT now but it's getting a bit late here. Thanks for the recs!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sure thing. I'll give both of 'em a go in the next day or two and report back. Would start on NXT now but it's getting a bit late here. Thanks for the recs!

NXT is easy to digest good Americanized wrasslin.

If you like NJPW that gets you entry into the most elite of the elite poster set here in WrassleGAF. Nobody talks about it, but the fact is that those who love NJPW are superior human beings and more of a prototype of what mankind should be than those who just watch WWE or TNA.

Top Bottom