• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Kaladin

Just call it October Wrasslin' |OT| and put the funny after. Nothing wrong with sticking what works, the Triple H Month was supposed to be an exception. Why go this route just because of one guy?

That is what we're doing. I'm soliciting ideas for the rest of the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
October Wrasslin' |OT| Strobogo retires from reviews (FOREVER FOREVER FOREVER)

You'll never retire forever.

Always looking for one more match, one more pop of the crowd...it's addictive.

Strobogo |OT| Headed to the Accountability Crib

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I actually like the months in the title. It makes it easier to do an online search for a specific period (without being overly specific in advance search) when I want to find old gifs or reactions to certain events like 18 seconds or Kofi handstand or Ryder replacing a tire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually like the months in the title. It makes it easier to do an online search for a specific period (without being overly specific in advance search) when I want to find old gifs or reactions to certain events like 18 seconds or Kofi handstand or Ryder replacing a tire.

WELL GODDAMMIT LOGIC

Yknow in retrospect we should have had a topic in OT "Wrestler fails to change car tire after 45 minutes"

Kaladin

You'll never retire forever.

Always looking for one more match, one more pop of the crowd...it's addictive.

Strobogo |OT| Headed to the Accountability Crib

Strobogo is going to be like Terry Funk and come out of retirement every time someone offers him another match.

krae_man

WRESTLEMANIA® 30 TICKETS
ON SALE SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16

STAMFORD, Conn., September 20, 2013 – WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today announced that tickets for WrestleMania 30 will go on sale Saturday, November 16 at 11am ET/10 CT. The pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania 30, will take place Sunday, April 6, 2014 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA.

Ticket prices range from $25 – $850. There will also be a limited number of “Gold Circle” VIP Packages available for $2,000. The Gold Circle packages include seating in the first four rows ringside, a Gold Circle VIP Stadium Entrance, a collectible WrestleMania 30 ticket holder and the commemorative WrestleMania 30 take-home folding chair. Tickets can be purchased through all Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000. All tickets are subject to service charges and facility fees.

WrestleMania is more than just a one day event; it is a week-long celebration. WWE will take over New Orleans during WrestleMania Week. In addition to WrestleMania 30, other activities will include: WrestleMania Axxess – WWE’s four-day, interactive fan festival at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center; the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at the New Orleans Arena; Monday Night Raw® at the New Orleans Arena and other activities designed to give back to the host community including the WrestleMania Reading Challenge and “Be a STAR” anti-bullying rallies. Additional information on these events will be announced in the future at www.wrestlemania.com.

Alright who has $2k?

Fuck that shit, gimme the $25 tickets! Even in the nosebleeds at Metlife I paid almost $100!

Too bad it's in New Orleans, and to go to Mania we'd have to help with the events there, AKA an 11 hour drive in a production truck, AKA NOAP

Those $25 tickets will be at least $40 including all the fees.

I'll buy em from the box office then! No fees~!

I'VE DONE IT, I - wait did I just fly down to New Orleans just to buy tickets without paying the fees oh shit what have I done I'm now broke I can't get home :'(

Kaladin

I'm pretty much out of Wrestlemania at this point. I'm going to two music festivals next year around Mania time and one requires a flight.

I think I got spoiled by having 3 Manias near me.

strobogo

Banned
I would maybe go to WM if it ever comes to Lucas Oil Stadium, but the idea of shelling out so much money even for shitty seats, plus 70K people, sounds pretty bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never do Wrasslemania. Too expensive for what it is. I know a lot of people enjoy the whole weekend, but I'm not the same. No thanks.

krae_man

I'm pretty much out of Wrestlemania at this point. I'm going to two music festivals next year around Mania time and one requires a flight.

I think I got spoiled by having 3 Manias near me.

I don't think I can afford it either. Oh well, Guess we'll have to wait for XXXI for WrassleGAF reunion 2.0.

Kaladin

I'll never do Wrasslemania. Too expensive for what it is. I know a lot of people enjoy the whole weekend, but I'm not the same. No thanks.

It is too expensive if you're just going for WWE stuff, but everything that happens around Mania makes it worth it. The indie cards are always super cards with every wrestler pushing themselves to have that match that everyone talks about after Mania weekend.

Plus you have the main event on Monday night.

I'd like to be the NWA TV Champion. The one with the red belt.

Spectacular taste, my friend. Probably my favourite belt ever;

0x4hEFi.jpg

ROH Death Before Dishonor XI this weekend.

and no one cares.

No iPPV. Also, I can't be the only one who dislikes paying for VOD? I'll gladly pay for a live iPPV, or for an MP4 download, but VOD (like DVDs) don't interest me these days.

Kaladin

No iPPV. Also, I can't be the only one who dislikes paying for VOD? I'll gladly pay for a live iPPV, or for an MP4 download, but VOD (like DVDs) don't interest me these days.

Yeah, it loses something if you're not watching it live. It's also why I'm not hyped for the Evolve shows this weekend....they're taped to VOD also.

I think the only company that gets away with it is PWG, and that's because every match is a main event and it's worth waiting for.

Yeah, it loses something if you're not watching it live. It's also why I'm not hyped for the Evolve shows this weekend....they're taped to VOD also.

Yup. I haaaaaaate VOD. If you're going live, go live. I won't buy iPPVs though because I know personally that those working can get screwed up for literally no reason. It'd like walking a tightrope with one of those sticks with buckets of water on either side.

Live means chaos!

strobogo

Banned
It is too expensive if you're just going for WWE stuff, but everything that happens around Mania makes it worth it. The indie cards are always super cards with every wrestler pushing themselves to have that match that everyone talks about after Mania weekend.

What if you don't really care for indie wrestling enough to go see it live?

If you ever start them again, I am refusing in advance to do a you still got it.

What if I'm just saying it to get the chant? I need those to survive.

Kaladin

What if you don't really care for indie wrestling enough to go see it live?

It's up to you, but I'd say stay home....you'll have a better viewing experience. To me, Mania weekend is about the events happening around Mania...and Mania itself is the icing on the cake. Now Raw after Mania on the other hand, I would say go to that. I think that has passed Mania as the must see event and you have to be in that crowd to truly experience it.

Imagine Raw after Mania when Bryan finally gets his big clean win.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I hate indie wrassels. BOOOOOOO~

Anyone who goes to Mania, though, the Raw after should be sold as a package deal if it ain't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright let's talk. Best championship belt. Go. You can only choose one.

White strap IC title. Everything else is a touch behind.

I did like the CZW Wired title, and the Campeonatos De Parejas, though.

Indie belts are usually cooler because they get wacky with their designs

Spectacular taste, my friend. Probably my favourite belt ever;

0x4hEFi.jpg

Even then, I haven't seen too much about it. At least, from the sites I visit.

NJPW and PWG. Kings of the wrestling world.

I hate indie wrassels. BOOOOOOO~

Anyone who goes to Mania, though, the Raw after should be sold as a package deal if it ain't.

boo you boo you man srsly boo you

strobogo

Banned

God damn. So hard to choose. My heart initially went to the Winged Eagle WWF, but Big Gold is the standard.

I don't know. I can't choose. All three golden era WWF belts have such a large place in my heart.

What is YOUR favorite? You can't ask the question without your own opinion. That's like those wieners who make a new topic and then say "I'll post my thoughts later" as an excuse to get some extra posts in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God damn. So hard to choose. My heart initially went to the Winged Eagle WWF, but Big Gold is the standard.

I don't know. I can't choose. All three golden era WWF belts have such a large place in my heart.

What is YOUR favorite? You can't ask the question without your own opinion. That's like those wieners who make a new topic and then say "I'll post my thoughts later" as an excuse to get some extra posts in.

WCW/NWA US Title Belt, posted above. I hear ya.

Big Gold is probably my #2 though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A shovel and a crutch on the plates. Boy, that says a lot.

My least favorite may be the Divas one. It feels so cheap and shitty of them to make it a butterfly.

Top Bottom