• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

After watching the above...

k.gif

I gotta find some situation to use this.

You're earning all that MONEY, MONEY, YEAH YEAH they're paying you JTG!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But he wasn't burned to begin with.
No, he was. The idea was that he actually was burned in a fire (that's why he has the messed up eye, no eyebrows, and lack of hair). It's just that the fire didn't produce horrendous scars on his face, but he was in a fire.

#threadtitles

October Wrasslin' |OT| "Dilph Zoggler is in the Impact Zone!"

October Wrasslin' |OT| Chocolate Briefcases, Heyman Faces, Dragon Chases, Goodness Gracious

October Wrasslin' |OT| Two PPVs, One Cup

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Olé

I had wondered where the gif originated from, but now I wonder how I had so completely forgotten or just ignored Too Cool despite nostalgia telling me I enjoyed them back in the day. I guess I was fooled by the loud reaction they got plus Rikishi and tricking myself I liked them, without actually caring all that much.

Hmm, now that I think about it I can't even remember an actual match they had.Rikish sure, he did it for the Rock. Did they ever have a meaningful feud with anyone beyond the standard rotation of "guess you are up" for the Tag Team championships?

Olé

I had wondered where the gif originated from, but now I wonder how I had so completely forgotten or just ignored Too Cool despite nostalgia telling me I enjoyed them back in the day. I guess I was fooled by the loud reaction they got plus Rikishi and tricking myself I liked them, without actually caring all that much.

Hmm, now that I think about it I can't even remember an actual match they had.Rikish sure, he did it for the Rock. Did they ever have a meaningful feud with anyone beyond the standard rotation of "guess you are up" for the Tag Team championships?

I was a huge Rikishi/Too Cool mark back in the day. Rikishi was one of my favs.

strobogo

Banned
The AJ/Dixie promo is so lame. It's such a clear attempt to ape Summer of Punk. Shameless even. It is actually embarrassing.

Wrestler has a contract that has expired/is expiring
Said wrestler has a title shot
Said wrestler conducts a SHOOT promo on how clueless the boss is
Said wrestler mentions other wrestlers that have been fired
Boss cuts the mic and ends the show

Dixie going heel was pretty strange. Unless she wasn't going heel and was instead actually directing her promo towards DA SHEET WRITERS. OBSERVE THIS, brother.

Kaladin

It's kinda obvious that TNA are grasping for straws at this point, hoping they get something that gets someone talking in a positive way about their product.

strobogo

Banned
I think I've figured it out: Nakamura isn't an eccentric coke head, he's just a big mark for Tourette Syndrome Goldust.

Before you got here, when you were selling meat out of a truck in Minneapolis, I was running this thread, toolbox.

Show me the proper respect!

I've never been to Minneapolis, I've never sold meat, and I've never driven a truck.

iTI7tqoduhpfy.gif

Got a few episodes of WWF Maple Leaf Wrestling from 1984, the first one has a weird match between Paul Orndorff and some Canadian jobber named Joe Marcus - things start badly when Marcus takes a shitty bump off a shoulder block and then ridiculously over-sells/phantom sells for Orndorff's stomps. Paul kicks him in the back of the head hard and throws him head-first through the ropes, which the ref tries to stop but Paul kicks him away, visibly upset. Marcus struggles back in the ring then Orndorff just fucking suplexes him into the ropes before hitting a nasty knee drop off the top and his piledriver for the win;

iMJ82TUys1qsP.gif

Bob Orton also fucked up some jobber with a nasty single-leg dropkick;

i5QQfMv0pVziZ.gif

strobogo

Banned
It's kinda obvious that TNA are grasping for straws at this point, hoping they get something that gets someone talking in a positive way about their product.

Dixie should name Hogan as the COO instead of GM. Phil Costa can force him out.

" I love you, Brotherpopjackdude"

Got a few episodes of WWF Maple Leaf Wrestling from 1984, the first one has a weird match between Paul Orndorff and some Canadian jobber named Joe Marcus - things start badly when Marcus takes a shitty bump off a shoulder block and then ridiculously over-sells/phantom sells for Orndorff's stomps. Paul kicks him in the back of the head hard and throws him head-first through the ropes, which the ref tries to stop but Paul kicks him away, visibly upset. Marcus struggles back in the ring then Orndorff just fucking suplexes him into the ropes before hitting a nasty knee drop off the top and his piledriver for the win;

iMJ82TUys1qsP.gif

Bob Orton also fucked up some jobber with a nasty single-leg dropkick;

i5QQfMv0pVziZ.gif

OH GOD THAT FIRST GIF

Sweet Jesus, goddamnit Orndorff

strobogo

Banned
They already did that angle.....

stinghogan_crop_340x234.jpg

That girl smiling on the side during that really disturbing segment cracks me up every time.

DO THE SPOT OVER GOD DAMN IT!!!

Orndorff was a bit of a bully in the ring. A lot of the bigger name guys clearly had no regard for their jobbers, which is shitty, but Paul seemed to really try to hurt guys fairly often. Even in his WCW days. He was just a mean guy all around and he only got worse after his arm injury.

Orndorff was a bit of a bully in the ring. A lot of the bigger name guys clearly had no regard for their jobbers, which is shitty, but Paul seemed to really try to hurt guys fairly often. Even in his WCW days. He was just a mean guy all around and he only got worse after his arm injury.

To be honest, if something tragic or terrible happens to someone in the wrestling business, I just assume it's karma finally coming back to get them

i love how stiff folks were on jobbers back then. added to the whole "shit, don't mess with this guy" aura that no one has nowdays outside of Lesnar.

To be blunt though, that shit is extremely dangerous and shouldn't be done at all. That's lawsuit city, no matter how cute they want to get about it. That suplex into the ropes? That's ALL on Orndorff. Not like the crazy Triple H spike pedigree where it's clearly on that dude taking the bump wrong.

Even fucking Finlay doesn't pull this shit. His deal was going through a certain opening sequence -very- quickly, and if you kept up and didn't screw up, he'd keep it normal and give you some offense. Botch that and screw up other stuff, though? You're going to have a bad time, but in terms of stretching and shit.

G-Fex

Hogan is probably gone in the next three weeks. The only thing keeping him around was that angle with Brooke.

He's got more important things to do.

Like get his thumb burnt by oil and take pictures with fans at the local grocery store.

Brother.

strobogo

Banned
Seems like the perfect time for a new COO to put him to pasture. Palmer Canon should replace him. God damn, Palmer Canon should have been the first clue that WWE forgot how to name wrestlers. That's worse than anything in the last few years. PALMER?!

G-Fex

Nobody can replace the Hulkster.

Actually Steiner should've gotten a higher up position.

Can you imagine Scott Steiner as a fucking COO or Booker?

Top Bottom