• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

normal_201.jpg

Oh hell yes, Masakatsu Funaki wants to team with Laughter7 in WRESTLE-1. Goddamn, what a team that would be.

So, we'll probably get something like this at the next big W-1 show;

Masakatsu Funaki, Katsuyori Shibata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Masayuki Kono, Kohei Sato & Ryouji Sai

Also, NOAH announced the Global League participants;

KENTA (NO MERCY)
Takashi Sugiura (NO MERCY)
Naomichi Marufuji (BRAVE)
Mohammed Yone (BRAVE)
Katsuhiko Nakajima (Diamond Ring/BRAVE)
Mikey Nicholls (TMDK)
Shane Haste (TMDK)
Maybach Taniguchi
Akitoshi Saito (Freelance)
Eddie Edwards (ROH)
Ryouji Sai (ZERO1)
Daisuke Sekimoto (BJW)
Yuji Nagata (NJPW)

SEKIMOTO!!! Fuck yeah, so many awesome potential match-ups; Sekimoto vs Nagata, Sekimoto vs Edwards, Sekimoto vs KENTA, Sekimoto vs Nakajima and Sekimoto vs freaking Morishima! What a heavyweight battle that'd be.

Kazuchika Okada says Kojima shouldn't be challenging for the IWGP Heavyweight Title because he's too old - he says Kojima should go and make an Over-40's Title with Nagata and Tenzan, lol.

Lastly, Kazushi Sakuraba has invited MMA fighter Shinya Aoki to join Laughter7, while Aoki said he would like to wrestle in New Japan someday.

Oh hell yes, Masakatsu Funaki wants to team with Laughter7 in WRESTLE-1. Goddamn, what a team that would be.

LET'S FUCKING GO

Just change the name from that to Team EVERYBODY DIES

Kazuchika Okada says Kojima shouldn't be challenging for the IWGP Heavyweight Title because he's too old - he says Kojima should go and make an Over-40's Title with Nagata and Tenzan, lol.

Cue Okada getting grumped by Kojima in like 10 minutes :p

Lastly, Kazushi Sakuraba has invited MMA fighter Shinya Aoki to join Laughter7, while Aoki said he would like to wrestle in New Japan someday.

LET'S FUCKING GO PART 2

So with Cole as the new ROH World Champ and his heel turn, is all ROH doing is just piggybacking off of PWG?

This wouldn't be the first time PWG have beaten another indy company to the punch, but I wouldn't put much stock in ROH outright copying them - it would have been foolish to keep Cole as a face, as he's such a generic babyface and wasn't ever going to get fully over as the smiley nice guy. Also, Cole first turned heel in CZW and anyone who saw his work as a heel there could see how much better suited to it he was - it's probably a large part of why PWG were willing to put the belt on him and have him as the promotion's major heel, given the relatively short time he's been wrestling on PWG shows.

Aren't all ROH champs eventually heel?

Yeah, also this. I'm not sure that the crowd would have turned on Cole, though - maybe if he beat Elgin clean a couple of times without a heel turn that'd rile them up enough.

Really though, it's only in recent years that fans have started turning on ROH's face champions - Nigel, Jerry, Tyler & Davey. Other than Jay, Eddie was the last successful face champion.

Kaladin

Yeah, also this. I'm not sure that the crowd would have turned on Cole, though - maybe if he beat Elgin clean a couple of times without a heel turn that'd rile them up enough.

Really though, it's only in recent years that fans have started turning on ROH's face champions - Nigel, Jerry, Tyler & Davey. Other than Jay, Eddie was the last successful face champion.

I think Jay would have turned heel given enough time.

strobogo

Banned
Smackdown worth watching this week?.

would appreciate a serious reply, thank you.

It's okay. The gauntlet is whatever, main event is the normal good Shield match. Randy Orton's promo is hilariously bad, the crowd is dead, and Cole/JBL both sound like they were sedated before the show.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why did he do the Robocop head when he unmasked? I never understood what the fuck that was all about.
Remember when he unmasked, he only had hair on the back of his head? The original idea was that he was supposed to keep that hair, but he would probably cause him to look like too much of a freak in real life. Thus, they decided just to keep that part close shaved, instead. Eventually, when he became WHC in 2010, he just decided to go completely shaved head (and it looked a lot better).

Kane was going to look like this until they shaved it off.

Kane-2003.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
It's okay. The gauntlet is whatever, main event is the normal good Shield match. Randy Orton's promo is hilariously bad, the crowd is dead, and Cole/JBL both sound like they were sedated before the show.

Hm, guess I'll play some more GTA then. Thanks.

Top Bottom