• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

No offense to Ryback, but he's not at a point in his career where it makes sense to put him with Taker. He's not fit to lace up CM Punk's boots and we all know where that puts him in relation to Taker. Sounds like unlikely shit fantasy booking to me.

Stick him on Smackdown, put the World Title on him and see if he can handle that first. My guess is he winds up another Del Rio though.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
"The "new stars" would be top indy talent around the east."

With WWE on a hiring binge, and a brand new performance facility, AND two former top indy stars as their two top faces right now, good luck courting indy talent, TNA.

Well, people in TNA can still take indy bookings. They used to be able to perform at any event that wasn't televised but I think they changed it so that they can't perform at any event that was going to be recorded. If they revert back to allowing their talent to perform at shows that will be recorded, they can get some cool people in TNA.

Kaladin

It all depends on how they build Ryback with Heyman. Put him over in the feud with Punk and that's one step to getting there. Make him look like the guy that could get it done where Axel failed, and then have Heyman give Axel the thumbs down and Ryback completely destroy him for the IC title.

somedevil

More Sheets news:

WWE has shown interest in Mexican star Volador Jr. The CMLL promotion is apparently aware of their interest.

- It's being reported in Japan that Tensai was making $100,000 per year with New Japan Pro Wrestling and to lure him away, WWE offered $400,000. It's also being reported that WWE is trying to sign NJPW stars Karl Anderson and Prince Devitt.

The WWE is trying to take everyone these days. Who will be left for TNA? Also, I bet for 400,000 a year Tensai is happy with what he is doing right now.

Also here is last weeks Breakdown:

For the segment-by-segment, Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose lost 280,000 viewers. Fandango vs. R-Truth lost 520,000 viewers. The Dusty Rhodes interview segment with Stephanie McMahon with The Shield and Big Show was a huge quarter, with a gain of 836,000 viewers. Naomi & Cameron & Brie Bella vs. Aksana & Alicia Fox & Layla lost 1,020,000 viewers, which again emphasizes that whatever exposure they got on E! doesn’t translate into more interest in them by the Monday night fans, nor has their been any new female shift in Raw viewers from the big female numbers of Total Divas. Rob Van Dam vs. Damien Sandow gained 240,000 viewers. Randy Orton vs. The Miz gained 60,000 viewers. The Paul Heyman & Ryback promo at 10 p.m. lost 120,000 viewers which almost never happens in that time slot. The three-way tag match with The Usos vs. Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro vs. Brodus Clay & Sweet T gained 80,000 viewers. Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns gained 580,000 viewers.

Basically Bryan and the Dusty angle carried the show.

Plus here is the top 5 18-49 demo for this weeks raw:

Q1: Raw opened with a 2.04 rating for Triple H and Stephanie McMahon addressing the roster, then booking the 11-on-3 handicap match main event

Q7: Raw increased to a second-hour-high 1.92 rating for an Orton-RVD post-match angle, Stephanie and A.J. Lee backstage, other backstage segments, and two full commercial breaks

Q9: Raw popped to a 2.47 rating for C.M. Punk's return, Paul Heyman promo exchange, and Ryback brawl. There was no commercial break during the segment, similar to Q1.

Q11: Raw jumped to a 1.96 rating for Daniel Bryan's pre-main event promo, the Rhodes Brothers attacking The Shield, one commercial, and the start of the handicap main event

Over-Run: Raw finished with a 2.21 rating for the finish of the main event. The segment peaked with a pedestrian 1.436 million viewers when Raw went off the air at 11:04 p.m

Punk was big but for the 11-3 thing people tuned in for the Bryan Promo and the Rhodes angle and then changed the channel for the meat of the match and didn't return until the end of the match.

XenoRaven

I will be very unhappy if they poach Devitt and Anderson.

I'd be happy for them as they'd be making more money, but it would significantly diminish my enjoyment of NJPW.

Devitt and Anderson both should be in WWE. It's a crime that they aren't really.

Anderson could fit so easily. It'd be a bummer to lose the Stun Gun, but I bet he'd make it work just fine. Dude got SO good since being a regular in NJPW. I remember seeing him in PWG on one of the BOLAs and he did some weird flip vault into the ring into a clothesline, and I was like...dude you're huge, why :p

Devitt should debut the same day Jericho returns and be all 'fgt you stole my jacket'

Just take the whole Bullet Club, that'd be cool. Means more SHIBATA TIME

After reading that Hostamania blurb, I was immediately struck with the image of a dozen towers connected to a single flat-screen CRT, crammed into a breakfast nook, running Ubuntu Servers on Windows XP SP2. No idea why, though; I must not be getting much sleep.

Well, people in TNA can still take indy bookings. They used to be able to perform at any event that wasn't televised but I think they changed it so that they can't perform at any event that was going to be recorded. If they revert back to allowing their talent to perform at shows that will be recorded, they can get some cool people in TNA.

I think they would have to revert, simply because it doesn't seem like they have enough left in the coffers to pay them as much as they would have a year ago. If TNA is courting people who have yet to appear on US TV and the likes of Amazing Red and the Flying Elvises, and they can't pay them what they used to or be as flexible as they used to be, I doubt they'll be able to get many takers.

WWE and American Greetings is an odd partnership, but they've done weirder. If WWE really wanted to makes some bank from party supplies, they'd set something up with Wilton and start selling wrestling-themed cake decoration sets; those flat little cake toppers are nice and all, but I'm talking about the whole nine yards, with little turnbuckles and other mock ring paraphernalia, and set dies that match the aprons and stuff like that. Their fans try to make this stuff on their own anyway, so there's clearly a niche for it. And you know what goes well with cake? Ice cream. Especially in bar form. I'm just sayin'.

Devitt doesn't want to leave new japan because he likes to go back to Ireland and new japan foots the air fare. Also he is moving up the card .Plus he has like a sponsor hip with Armani exchange.

If love to see machine gun in WWE. He'd be a good heyman guy

DMczaf

Q9: Raw popped to a 2.47 rating for C.M. Punk's return

8c9b3f20d45b08eec56ba5f54a5fd915.jpeg

XenoRaven

Thinking about Devitt in WWE is crazy to me considering he apparently lived in the NJPW Dojo where they made him scrub floors and do laundry for years. Then when he had the chance to move out he decided he liked it and wanted to stay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson is a truly wonderful dude in the ring. If they book him strong it'll be great, but a little misstep will ruin his character because honestly, in WWE, he does not look as intimidating as he does in NJPW. Gotta give him a Taz protective bubble for a while.

I fucking love me some Karl Anderson. As long as they don't fuck him over, he should be a top star in the WWE.

But then again, look what happened to Tensai....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking love me some Karl Anderson. As long as they don't fuck him over, he should be a top star in the WWE.

But then again, look what happened to Tensai....

I'd have some faith they'd use him right. You can't really get a third Tons of Funk dude nor is there a need for a family friendly joke dude.

then again, before Tensai went Tons, we all were shaking our heads when we saw the Tensai Tickler.

Devitt doesn't want to leave new japan because he likes to go back to Ireland and new japan foots the air fare. Also he is moving up the card .Plus he has like a sponsor hip with Armani exchange.

If love to see machine gun in WWE. He'd be a good heyman guy

Thinking about Devitt in WWE is crazy to me considering he apparently lived in the NJPW Dojo where they made him scrub floors and do laundry for years. Then when he had the chance to move out he decided he liked it and wanted to stay.

It's likely the student mentality of them giving him his start in the business and earning all their respect, even though they had him do all the young boy work.

He's basically golden there, I doubt he'd ever get fired. And yeah, the Ireland stuff makes sense. Devitt seems like an odd dude anyway. What's that about Armani?

They'll need a new name, Bullet Club suggests FIREARMS!

"Punch Club"

"Suplex Ssociation"

Just steal names

THE FIRM

THE HOOLIGANS

FUCK WAFFLE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It would be an easy out for Tensai to turn back into a credible threat, but I guess the question is what's more valuable? Tensai as a threat or Tensai as a cuddler?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe throw in Cesaro or Ono. Led by Paul Heyman. The Climax Association.

Bo Dallas can eventually be the 5th member.

You were starting to lose me until you snapped me back into place by those magic words

BO DALLAS

XenoRaven

I won't have faith until I see them on RAW without a terrible name or stupid gimmick being either cheered or booed by fans based on their alignment.

Provided the rumors are true and they do actually acquire one or both of them.

Coach

What's up fellow wrestling fans. Longtime lurker who's account just got activated.

Now that I can post I will be joining in on the conversation & climbing my way into Hall of Shame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's up fellow wrestling fans. Longtime lurker who's account just got activated.

Now that I can post I will be joining in on the conversation & climbing my way into Hall of Shame.

Welcome brother! Or sister, depending!

What promotions do you watch?

And also, you are REQUIRED by the WrassleGAF Locker Room to furnish a Fave Five!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! Welcome to the forum

Now post your Fav 5 Prince Devitt moments.

5. Making him starve by eating all the food before he gets a turn at the NJPW dojo
4. People putting their jock straps in his hands while he did laundry at the NJPW dojo
3. Getting beaten with a pillowcase full of batteries at the NJPW dojo
2. Mopping floors in the NJPW dojo
1. Cleaning toilets in the NJPW dojo

Coach

Welcome brother! Or sister, depending!

What promotions do you watch?

And also, you are REQUIRED by the WrassleGAF Locker Room to furnish a Fave Five!

It is brother.

I watch WWE mostly. Used to follow TNA, but stopped. When I catch ROH i watch it - but it comes on Saturday afternoons here, so I forget.

FAV FIVE!

5 Seth Rollins
4 Brad Maddox
3 CM Punk
2 Daniel Bryan
1 Paul Heyman

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is brother.

I watch WWE mostly. Used to follow TNA, but stopped. When I catch ROH i watch it - but it comes on Saturday afternoons here, so I forget.

FAV FIVE!

5 Seth Rollins
4 Brad Maddox
3 CM Punk
2 Daniel Bryan
1 Paul Heyman

A fair list. Welcome, goddammit welcome!

5. Making him starve by eating all the food before he gets a turn at the NJPW dojo
4. People putting their jock straps in his hands while he did laundry at the NJPW dojo

what a mark

Armani sponsor him and makes his ring gear

Damn, that's a good gig then. Explains why he swags out all the damn time

Low Ki's Hitman attire for everyone.

Fuck a Low Ki.

Lol Low-Ki, you're so stupid

Such a nerd *jacket*

5. Dropping that dead weight Taguchi
4. Ibushi/Devitt at The Dome
3. Undefeated BOSJ Run
2. Tooling That Loser Tanahashi
1. *jacket*

Ithil

that just shows how shitty some of the current titles look

Bring back the classics.

And it's not like all these old belts are incredible, or anything. The Women's is fairly plain, the tag belts are only ok, and the European isn't great. But that they're better than the Divas and current Tag belts by a long shot anyway can tell you all you need to know about those belts.

The better Tag belts were the gold and red ones they had after the Attitude Era (when they were the World Tag Team titles on RAW)

Top Bottom