• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah man, football gets me wound up like nothing else, lol. I try to stay out of the football thread on GAF, as I get super salty when West Ham are losing (which is often). Also, my only GAF ban was for raging at an American during the last world cup :p

A ban because of that? Well, I guess you can't judge too much after a team (club?) that's named after a meal.

Could be the North McNuggets comin for you Bootaaay!
Or maybe the South Quiche!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
032.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Don't you have a team named after a colour? I guess all those blows to the head after 18 so minutes of actual game play for ever couple of hours makes it real hard to think. Unlike Rugby, at least they go all in when they become the All Blacks or other names for their constant action.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't you have a team named after a colour? I guess all those blows to the head after 18 so minutes of actual game play for ever couple of hours makes it real hard to think. Unlike Rugby, at least they go all in when they become the All Blacks or other names.

A littttttle too racist for us, we don't have "Complete Browns" or "Everyone Is Brown" just "Browns"

KenOD

A littttttle too racist for us, we don't have "Complete Browns" or "Everyone Is Brown" just "Browns"

Oh sure, exclude the red skinned people from playing. Might as well pretend to be cowboys while you are at it, since you guys stole everything "cowboy" from Mexicans as imagery.

With that I used up my knowledge of your boring sport. No wait,The Rock played one and wore a tutu in an awful movie about about a player once. There, now I've used it all up.

KenOD

I really think WWE should have kept D'Lo. Not as a wrestler, just bring him around any time they do something with the muppets. He moves just like them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh sure, exclude the red skinned people from playing. Might as well pretend to be cowboys while you are at it, since you guys stole everything "cowboy" from Mexicans as imagery.

With that I used up my knowledge of your boring sport. No wait,The Rock played one and wore a tutu in an awful movie about about a player once. There, now I've used it all up.

Oh yeah, forgot about them. Redskins and Browns. We did have a Negro League but that was baseball and that was back in the stone age.

KenOD

Oh yeah, forgot about them. Redskins and Browns. We did have a Negro League but that was baseball and that was back in the stone age.

Wait seriously? Wow. That's... actually impressive how many talented athletes they had. Just general summary alone, I would have watched them instead.

DON'T YOU HAVE USA TO THANK FOR WW2?

OH GOD, ALL THIS FREEDOM MMMMMMMMMMM

FUCK, MY BALLS

You have the French to thank for your Independence. You also have Bo Dallas and Richie Steamboat.

G-Fex

Wait seriously? Wow. That's... actually impressive how many talented athletes they had. Just general summary alone, I would have watched them instead.

You have the French to thank for your Independence. You also have Bo Dallas and Richie Steamboat.

When's the last time the french did something for us?

KenOD

When's the last time the french did something for us?

Oil mostly, diamonds often, shipping lanes regurally, agreeing to your near monopoly of major internet servers, helping those black skinned people to realise they could be treated as equals so they could return and give you better jazz, constant stream of jokes, certain indy video games, Sylvester Lefort.

strobogo

Banned

Remember with in the last 2 years or so when that guy wanted to start an all white basketball league that "focused on fundamentals" which is ALWAYS code for the less talented white guys on the team?

Oil mostly, diamonds often, shipping lanes regurally, agreeing to your near monopoly of major internet servers, helping those black skinned people to realise they could be treated as equals so they could return and give you better jazz, constant stream of jokes, certain indy video games, Sylvester Lefort.

Impressive, you managed to undermine your entire list with one entry. Even the part about Haiti. Lefort is that bad, and Tom La Ruffa's run on World of Hurt doesn't come close to making up for it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Holy crap does Hillbilly Jim look in shape during the gimmick battle royal.

Earthquake is also in good shape (part of the reason Vince wouldn't let him use his EQ gimmick in 1998 was that he was too fit)

Brother Love also looks eerily similar to how he did back in the day.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

​WCW Thunder 1/21/99

We're going to have another Hogan/Flair match. Rey and Konnan have started a feud with Lex and Nash. Disco is a member of the Wolfpac and got a win over Wrath. He should get a title shot soon. This was from Indy. Fuck, Tenay and Heenan both fucked up reading their script in the opening. This might have actually been the show I went to and not the previous Thunder from Indy.

TO THE BACK. B Team meeting. Stevie Ray is mad that no one has told them what's going on. They all got into an argument. Virgil randomly gets a letter at the door. Bad weather prevented the Wolfpac from coming. Virgil decides to stand on a table and hit his head on the ceiling. What the fuck.

ibdkxvhRIRaNTk.gif

Jerry Flynn vs Disco Inferno

Hopefully the streak continues. Flynn does all kinds of kicks. Front leg back kick. Back leg front kick. Teep back leg front cock swing inverted roundhouse. Disco comes back with a swinging neckbreaker. Flynn misses a He's got a bicycle kick in the corner and turns around into the Chart Buster. The streak continues!

TO THE BACK. The B Team are testing walkie talkies so they'll know when the Wolfpac show up. We're still with them when we come back from break. Stevie is sick of the B Team shit. Virgil pulls out his phone. He's got Hulk's number on speed dial. No one answers. Whoreass informs the rest that the Wolfpac have arrived. It was the Horsemen. SWERVE! Down goes Whoreass. BUT WHO WAS LIMO?!? Flair heads to the ring.

TO THE MEAN BY GOD GENE.
Gene again follows Ric to the ring. Flair announces that The Outsiders are no longer champions and a tournament will start tonight and end at Superbrawl. Wait, The Outsiders haven't been champions since last Spring, and the tournament has been going on for 3 weeks. He gives the same list of NWA Champions and says that he was a real champion while Hogan was making money in MSG. Hogan can't carry Ric's jock strap. Why would he want to? Could Ric make him do that as president of WCW? “Do you think Jericho grew up watching you or me?”

TO THE BACK.
The B Team discovers Horace. Did they not have a monitor in their locker room?

Al Green vs Saturn

“Life's a drag.” How clever. Saturn has a new red dress. Al actually dominates until he pulls Saturn's dress up and smacks his ass. That dog. Saturn hits all of his moves and wins with the DVD. The moral of the story is to not get fresh with Saturn.

Recap of the last few weeks with Raven and his family.

Glacier vs Kenny Kaos

Since Rick Steiner picked him to be a tag champion when he had no partner, why couldn't Kenny pick a new partner and continue to be a champion? We are certainly back to Thunder being Thunder. The Wolfpac declined to appear and Glacier, Al Green, and Kenny Kaos are having matches. Kaos wins. No one cares.

TO THE BACK. More B Team problems. I think Horace was talking to a trucker on his walkie talkie. Virgil tries to unite the group. Virgil stays behind and reveals a Wolfpac shirt. SWERVE.

The B Team comes to the ring. Lol, Virgil gets promo time. What the fuck is going on with this show? He enters Crush and Horace into the tag team tournament. They're mad for some reason. He then challenges the Horsemen to a 6 man tag. Stevie/Norton/Virgil vs 3 Horsemen.

Norman Smiley vs Booker T.

Norman! Poor guy's streak is probably about to end. Maybe they should have a dance off. They work over some arm bars. Norman gets waffled with a lariatoo and rolls to the floor. Some fan keeps rubbing his head. Being that it was in Indy, I bet it was his first chance to touch black people hair and he had to take it. Norman goes after the knee, but gets drill with a flying forearm. I want to be friends with Norman. He seems like the nicest guy. Stun gun. Norman teases the wiggle, but doesn't feel it is the right time. Smiley Slam! Wiggle into a slap. Booker comes back with a powerslam. Kick combo. Spinewalkslambuster. Ax kick. Norman bails when Booker goes for the missile drop kick. Booker wins via count out.

ibnxUP0isansVv.gif

Recap of Steiner trying to fuck the Nitro Girls. Twice. I mean they played it twice.

Brian Adams/Horace vs Kidman/Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Kidman and Whoreass start off. Shades of things to come. Kidman uses his speed to get the better of Hogan. Tag to Chavo. Crush low bridges him and works him over on the floor. I wonder why Crush thought it was a good idea for him to wear tights and no shirt. One of my least favorite small man tag team moves: Dropkick your partner in the back while he's held up in a slam. Makes no fucking sense. It's not like they ever dropkick the opponent in the face or something. No, they dropkick their partner right in the back. Tiltawhirl back breaker on Kidman. After the break, Kidman hits a tornado bulldog on Horace. Horace hits a big boot that Barbarian would be proud of. Horace finds out that YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN. Virgil runs in and hits Kidman with the slapjack. Crush makes the pin and the nWo advances in the tournament with no brackets or announced teams.

iXPQzpjDRatvH.gif

TO THE BACK
. The B Team celebrates. Stevie wants to know where Virgil got the slap jack. He took it out of Stevie's bag.

La Parka vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

Bring it, yo. Fast paced spinny lucha stuff. Why weren't La Parka and Norman a team? Rey isn't impressed with the dancing. Rey comes out of the ring with a springboard diving rana. He attempts a victory roll and gets slammed right on his little face. Pop up dick kick from Parka. He goes flying into the ring post. Spinebuster. Parka goes up top and gets knocked off the ropes. Rey wins with a double rotation bulldog.

ibby7UhNZD9Q4q.gif

ibs7AsXSBcgvRu.gif

TO THE MEAN SCUM GENE. DDP finally returns. He's been doing PR stuff. He better watch what he says about Scott Steiner. He's so pissed he can barely talk. DDP is going to be Scott's hook up. Instead of SCUM, this promo had “The way I see it” said 5 or 6 times.

TO THE BACK. Virgil no longer wants to be called Vincent. Just call him VINCE from now on. He then tries to drink raw eggs. Should have been screaming I HATE AUSTIN, I HATE AUSTIN. He finds a camera. Someone was filming them. As it turns out, the Wolfpac were watching from their limo. They were not impressed with what they've seen of the B Team tonight.

ibQU8Rs4NgJMp.gif

VINCE/Stevie Ray/Scott Norton vs Chris Benoit/Ric Flair/Steve McMichael

Man, the president of the company really shouldn't be doing Thunder main events with the B Team. That makes no sense to me. He really shouldn't be wrestling much at all, but especially not on Thunder against Virgil. Benoit OF COURSE knocks the shit out of Virgil. He couldn't wait to do that. Norton powerslams Mongo. Virgil keeps wanting to get tagged in and gets his ass kicked. Flair makes him tap to the figure four. Benoit locks him in the Iron Crossface after the match. Fucking racist. And then spits on him.

DQ Count: 0 out of 7. How bizarre.

As much as I dislike everyone in the B Team as wrestlers besides Norton, I can't help but enjoy a show that was 70% based around them being idiots. It was so dumb, but I liked it. Virgil going on a power trip and thinking he's the leader was ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely loved the nWo B-Team's moronic antics. When The Cat gets involved it's even better.

strobogo

Banned
Nodding Bret might be my favorite gif from 1998. It's really a shame his in ring stuff wasn't as good as his promos in WCW. The first few promos after he turned heel were super intense and bitter, and then he started saying the most hilarious shit completely deadpan, which made it even funnier.

"I have a groin pull the likes of which you people have never seen!"

Cole's peak was the first 2 years or so of the draft, and then the first few months with JBL the first time.

Bret Hart in WCW 1998 was such a mess. Everyone seriously thought Bret jumping to WCW in 1997 was going to be the end of the WWF. It's amazing what an unguided disaster Bret in WCW was.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Soulplaya, you're a good sport and everything but you're completely wrong on this. Cole is unwatchable in 1999. At least now he knows 4 out of 5 moves and doesn't flub every other line.
He was better able to sell emotion back then. That's what makes a great commentator in pro wrestling, and why JR and Schiavonne are good. They can sell emotion. These days, Cole can't do that at all.

Sephzilla

Bret Hart in WCW 1998 was such a mess. Everyone seriously thought Bret jumping to WCW in 1997 was going to be the end of the WWF. It's amazing what an unguided disaster Bret in WCW was.

I remember a bunch of people thinking WCW wouldn't know how to use Bret. They were right.

strobogo

Banned
You could argue that in theory, Bret coming in was going to be a mess because of the Sting angle, but then they fucked that up, too, so there really was no excuse to make Bret a subordinate to Hogan who didn't do anything for months at a time.

Top Bottom