• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Kaladin

Saw a Cena fan in the wild today....wearing a yellow Cena shirt and matching hat. It was a fat kid with glasses, college student age......is it wrong that I immediately thought of Heavy?

It was weird.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember that show so clearly Stro. What a fucking MESS that last shot was. So horrible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saw a Cena fan in the wild today....wearing a yellow Cena shirt and matching hat. It was a fat kid with glasses, college student age......is it wrong that I immediately thought of Heavy?

It was weird.

Heavy's out losing multiple virginities. Tofu and such. He's a legend.

DMczaf

ibhQoLykDJRYyL.gif

WCW!

Kaladin

Vote:

Option 1: October Wrasslin goes up Monday September 30th before Raw

or.....

Option 2: October Wrasslin goes up in the aftermath of Raw around Midnight October 1st

Pick your poison.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we just get it on time? tm24's making it right? He did ask.

strobogo

Banned
I remember that show so clearly Stro. What a fucking MESS that last shot was. So horrible.

I don't care. The show was fun. It's easy to forgive stuff like that. It wasn't the main shot they used for the brawl. I think it was the first time WCW fought off the nWo as a whole and not just Sting and a couple of friends. The whole undercard was out there to fight them off. Heels and faces. The reformed MEGA nWo is better than aimless Wolfpac/Hollywood feuding for 9 months with zero resolution or progression. I am still annoyed that there has been no explanation as to why the nWo reformed and have no problems with each other.

Was the break up a year long ruse?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care. The show was fun. It's easy to forgive stuff like that. It wasn't the main shot they used for the brawl. I think it was the first time WCW fought off the nWo as a whole and not just Sting and a couple of friends. The whole undercard was out there to fight them off. Heels and faces. The reformed MEGA nWo is better than aimless Wolfpac/Hollywood feuding for 9 months with zero resolution or progression. I am still annoyed that there has been no explanation as to why the nWo reformed and have no problems with each other.

Was the break up a year long ruse?

It was nice when they finally gave WCW dudes a chance in a feud. Probably what they should have done in the first place, it was very hard to cheer for WCW guys.

I think you've got your smile back Stro, and I attribute it to Norman Smiley, Saturn, and Disco Inferno.

strobogo

Banned
I attribute it to the shows actually being fun and having stories that are progressing instead of doing the same thing over and over and over and over with nothing happening.

And Disco and Norman. The bloom is starting to come off of Saturn. He's getting a bit too muscly and it is impeding his in ring work a bit. Disco's winning streak and Norman being Norman are great.

Plus having GTA5 to blow off steam in between shows is quite nice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I attribute it to the shows actually being fun and having stories that are progressing instead of doing the same thing over and over and over and over with nothing happening.

And Disco and Norman. The bloom is starting to come off of Saturn. He's getting a bit too muscly and it is impeding his in ring work a bit. Disco's winning streak and Norman being Norman are great.

Plus having GTA5 to blow off steam in between shows is quite nice.

Saturn honestly did the best he could with the dress gimmick. I feel it was a misstep for his character as they didn't take it to it as much as desired, but he did do some good.

WCW's 'hardcore' stuff was a riot in the beginning.

G-Fex

I wonder if I should just swerve everyone and make the October thread. Just like I used to.

Your time is over, it's time for me and the brotherhood to rise.

No Tyrants, No businessmen. Which belong in the last century!

strobogo

Banned
Saturn honestly did the best he could with the dress gimmick. I feel it was a misstep for his character as they didn't take it to it as much as desired, but he did do some good.

WCW's 'hardcore' stuff was a riot in the beginning.

For sure. Sandman in WCW was great. I wish he could have been WASP Jim instead of Hak, but I'm okay with it because his matches were fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have a lot of fun pretending Sandman is actually Duke Nukem. Sure looked perfect for it.

strobogo

Banned
My favorite part wasn't the ridiculous and delayed Kanyon pool bump, but the exchange between Raven and Sandman.

"Scotty, you can't talk to your mom like that."
"Shut up, Jim."

The way both of them said their lines were perfect. Sandman sounding like an old Jewish lady, Raven being completely and utterly dismissive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2k14 American Badass Undertaker is blue vest/long hair/looks like a roadie for Motley Crue aka shittiest Badass Taker
undertaker-crotch-grab-o.gif

shoulda been this one

G-Fex

My favorite part wasn't the ridiculous and delayed Kanyon pool bump, but the exchange between Raven and Sandman.

"Scotty, you can't talk to your mom like that."
"Shut up, Jim."

The way both of them said their lines were perfect. Sandman sounding like an old Jewish lady, Raven being completely and utterly dismissive.

God that whole skit was GOLD
2k14 American Badass Undertaker is blue vest/long hair/looks like a roadie for Motley Crue aka shittiest Badass Taker
undertaker-crotch-grab-o.gif

shoulda been this one

I miss Biker Taker soooooooooooooo much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Short hair, big bully Undertaker is my favorite Undertaker era. It got him into my top 5 alone when I never really cared about the zombie stuff.

undertakerhoganm0xxf.gif

tumblr_m5frtyuOGD1r6v2bdo3_r1_250.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
So, this Triple H documentary is quite good. Check it out.

Just ignore Michael Hayes, as always. Luckily, he's not in it too much.

Mr. Sandman said:
Wait till Evan Bourne gets back on the roster.....seriously, how good would Evan Bourne vs Kalisto be if they let those guys go nuts?

Yeah, I really hope they do something between these two at some point - lot of good high-flyers on the roster at present, I'd like to see Zayn vs Kalisto vs Neville vs Bourne.

If anyone is interested here is a NXT house show match of Kalisto vs. Baron Corbin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7ym8tvbusW4#t=60

Jumping sliced bread is a good finisher for Kalisto to use, not many moves like that on the WWE roster.

Top Bottom