• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Aiii

So not worth it
Best part of the Triple H documentary is the executive stuff. I love getting a look backstage in these new docs WWE does now.

Also seeing Trips in the NXT ring in his suit working with Kaitlyn and Natalya on their match is amazing. The day Trips takes over WWE is gonna be a good day.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like Triple H, never really hated the guy even during his boring run.

But Hunter the exec is impressive.

Kaladin

Nice crowd for the Impact show tonight

hMw0g5S.jpg

I like Triple H, never really hated the guy even during his boring run.

But Hunter the exec is impressive.

He has upped his game in a way I have not seen before. his facial expressions, his hand gestures his timing. It has to be a conscious decision on his part to be more exaggerated. I have been very impressed.

strobogo

Banned
He's just trying to out do Vince's facial expressions from the Attitude Era, but he's trying to do it with subtly and not hilariously over the top like Vince.

When TNA goes bust do you think WWE will even try and buy it or will Spike or whoever just hold onto the name and video library and do nothing with it?

I just want my Rise(?) and fall of TNA doc.

antonz

He has upped his game in a way I have not seen before. his facial expressions, his hand gestures his timing. It has to be a conscious decision on his part to be more exaggerated. I have been very impressed.

Have to imagine he is having a ton of fun because not only is he screwing with the average wrestling fan he is totally going after the smarks

strobogo

Banned
When TNA goes bust do you think WWE will even try and buy it or will Spike or whoever just hold onto the name and video library and do nothing with it?

I think they'd by the library just for Sting stuff. I don't see a WWE sponsored anything of TNA. Except bonuses or clips for a Sting DVD of the "What he did after WCW" segment of the DVD.

G-Fex

TNA doesn't mean jackshit to WWE I think. It'll be replaced on spike by something else stupid.

Dredd?? ummmm... fuck i cant remember the last time we seen a movie..

I'd go see gravity but I hate Sandra Bullock

Is the tape library even worth buying I guess they could put that dumb dome climbing cage match in a worst matches dvd. Also they could get that Jeff Hardy vs Sting drug match

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Linda McMahon signed a check with a lot of years and a lot of zeros is my most memorable Biker Taker moment. Every time money comes up between me and a friend of mine who watched wrestling at that time the line inevitably comes out in some form or another.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rofl

They won't make a TNA dvd. WWE won't even buy it. WCW was a threat to WWF. TNA was a threat to WWE..... Velocity. TNA will vanish and no one but the fans will remember it, and they'll forget after a while too.

strobogo

Banned
I think the most that would happen is a couple of WWE.com articles completely trashing TNA and all their stupid angles. Maybe some positive words about AJ/Joe and how TNA completely wasted them.

Toki767

Did you mean in one show? They probably got more people in the Georgia Dome than TNA has had for their entire run, too.

I meant more viewers watching TV, though live attendance is probably also true. Not that a lot of people paid for tickets for Nitro either lol

I hope Sting is apying attention to what is going on around him, this has to smell familiar.

I am actually upset that he didn't go to WWE 10 years ago. I was robbed of a lot of good match ups, and stories.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
WWE might buy TNA library for that re-release extended edition for CM Punk.

They could also buy it just to leverage match footage of IWGP title holders for NJPW for future dealings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Punk doesn't even have any great matches in TNA.

All his best matches were in ROH. Hell, his best match with Raven even was in ROH. There is zero reason WWE would buy anything from TNA.

gurudyne

I hope Sting is apying attention to what is going on around him, this has to smell familiar.

I am actually upset that he didn't go to WWE 10 years ago. I was robbed of a lot of good match ups, and stories.

You don't think they would have either neutered Sting, repackaged him, had him chase a garbage title or just job to WWE's main eventers for two to three years until we were sick of him?

somedevil

Punk doesn't even have any great matches in TNA.

All his best matches were in ROH. Hell, his best match with Raven even was in ROH. There is zero reason WWE would buy anything from TNA.

Well they should buy it for the 2005-2007 Christian Cage material and the peak of Samoa Joe.

Also, watching NXT and Tyler Breeze is now one of the most over people on the show.

You don't think they would have either neutered Sting, repackaged him, had him chase a garbage title or just job to WWE's main eventers for two to three years until we were sick of him?

Well first they would need to send Sting to NXT for a few months to learn the WWE way to wrestle.

But seriously. Once TNA is done (which could be sometime in the next 6 months) Sting is done as a wrestler. I dont see him ever wrestling in WWE. They will get him in the HOF and make a DVD. That will be it. He will go live the rest of his days on his WCW money.

strobogo

Banned
I think it depends when they brought him in. If he came in in 2001 with WCW, I think the Alliance would have been a completely different beast and probably wouldn't have existed in that form to begin with.

If he came in around 2003, I think he would have been another in the line of WCW main eventers to job to HHH. If he came in after that, I think he would have been a big money match guy who was used sparingly, much like Taker. If he didn't come in around 2001, I don't see him ever being used as a full time main event guy. Probably 2-3 programs a year.

The further fall of WCW would be the title of the TNA DVD.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Assets WWE might want if TNA went out of business today:

Sting, for one match.
Bully Ray/Devon for again, a couple of matches.
Maybe some of their road agents.

Everyone else, hah.

Top Bottom