• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

It's fixed, damnit! :p

Looks like another ridiculous show, and holy shit at that lariat from Elgin to the back of Rich Swann's head as he was coming out of a handspring. Disgusting.

tm24

PWG, if only your shows came out faster and you did more of them. You would prolly be my #1 fed.

Theyre working on it! They switched companies to make the turnaround faster! The only thing that takes time is the editing, since it's just Super Dragon doing it!

I remember during that Scott Hall angle, his wife Dana sent an open letter to Eric Bischoff pleading to stop making a storyline out of his drinking problems because they were very real. She posted it on some AOL bulletin board to bring awareness.

OPEN LETTER TO ANYONE WHO CARES 10/7/98

WCW is helping Scott Hall destroy himself - does anybody care?

WCW recently stated on the Oct. 5 Nitro show that they "did not condone Scott Hall's behavior, and that Scott Hall is a very sick man."

Although WCW states this, why are they allowing him to retain his status (which he so sorely abuses) to clearly break policies (stated as a breach of contract), and taking every opportunity to exploit and humiliate his very real sickness, as "entertainment"?

My question to them is "What are they going to do about it?"

Are they going to get him the serious help he needs?

If this is just a storyline and "not real", then how can they explain Scott's recent arrest, and the very public displays of intoxication other than in front of the camera? Although "recent" events on the show have been staged, the storyline they are portraying is in fact the terrible truth. Scott has had an ongoing addiction problem for 20 years, resulting in the destruction of his marriage and family. Is this entertainment?

Scott's stumbling around and vomiting on stage may be "fake", but what he is doing in "real" life is the same thing. Wrestling has just become "real" in the case of Scott Hall.

Scott may be "acting" out his addiction problem now on TV, but there have been many times in the past that he was truly under the influence and WCW allowed him to perform. This storyline is just a cover-up for their irresponsibilities and their failed attempts to try to rehabilitate Scott. Now they have decided to exploit his very real problem with his addiction to drugs and alcohol as a means of entertainment to the fans for profit and ratings, only to stand by and watch him destroy himself.

These stagings of a matter so serious are deplorable, disgusting and inexcusable. The wrestling industry is so twisted and sick, and clearly without conscience. It does not need to be this way. WCW has overstepped the line in this case, as far as I am concerned.

This is not entertainment. This is not funny anymore. The storyline needs to come to a conclusion. This man has two young children, who need him to get 100% well. They are being terribly affected by their fathers' behavior as well as the WCW's enabling and exploitation of it.

His children and family members (with whom he chooses to have no relationship with) do not deserve this pain and embarrassment for the public's "entertainment". Scott is obviously not rehabilitated. A 40-yr old man "keying a limo" is a definite "cry for help". Now he has added a felony to his list of on-going unacceptable, disturbing incidents. Scott has obviously lost all judgement, dignity and sense of what's right, and WCW has taken advantage of that.

This can no longer be denied or ignored.

What kind of message is this display of something so serious sending to children whether it be staged or not??? Doesn't Scott have a responsibility as a public personality and role model to behave in a decent manner? He is clearly abusing his status, intimidating and disrespecting people, breaking laws, hurting his family...and WCW is allowing this.

WCW clearly has had several reasons to fire him, but instead they made a meager attempt to try to rehabilitate him, and it quite clearly did not work, so they are just using him for as long as they can. It is inevitable that as long as Scott continues on this path, he will ultimately destroy himself. Is this what the fans want to see?

Scott needs to be urged in any way possible, by everyone, to turn his life around. He has already lost so much. It is very sad, especially to his children who need this man to be well, to be a father to them. He has lost so much already. I cannot, as the only responsible and fit parent they have, allow his children in his presence unsupervised under the circumstances. Can you imagine how hard it is for them to understand this mess and why their dad chooses to be sick, and not get well, for himself and for them? They need and deserve a "well" father - not a dad who's a wrestler. Scott will never be able to get well as long as he is a "wrestler," and exposed to all its sickness. It has fed his addiction and allowed it to grow for years, and now they are feeding off it. This is wrong any way you look at it.

I am begging everyone on behalf of his children, to help get Scott to a place where he can see this, and put himself in God's hands and find a way out of this living hell he has created for himself - a hell that the wrestling industry has greatly contributed to through the years and now chooses to exploit. This cannot be allowed to continue. My children and I have no peace in our lives as long as Scott remains sick and is enabled.

Addictions and wrestling have destroyed our marriage and our family, and are continuing to destroy my children's future, and their father - Scott Hall.

Something can, and needs to be done by the people who hold power in this situation and those who claim to be his friends - for the sake of his children.

Please speak out, as I feel in my heart it is the right thing to do.

Dana Hall.

I'd love to see more indie companies use the model Beyond Wrestling used for their last show - you pre-order the DVD for $25 or so and get immediate access to download unedited, hard-cam footage of the show.

As for PWG, quicker DVD turnaround is nice, but I'd really like to see them release MP4 downloads at the same time as the DVD. Currently you have to wait for the next PWG show to be released on DVD before the previous show is released on MP4.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
my face when Sega

I bought all your stupid fucking games. I bought anything remotely Yakuza to support it. Dead Souls is like a bad port of Zombie Revenge, but I bought that shit because I wanted all future releases. You fucking lifeless, RTS obsessed, furry, pachinko assholes.

What did you expect? People who buy Yakuza new aren't enough. That's just business.

I love SEGA and I understand they gotta make money to bring cool shit over.

tm24

As for PWG, quicker DVD turnaround is nice, but I'd really like to see them release MP4 downloads at the same time as the DVD. Currently you have to wait for the next PWG show to be released on DVD before the previous show is released on MP4.

Yeah, i dont think thats ever happening. From what i understand, PWG shows are already turning profit from preorders before they ship. They try to avoid piracy for as long as possible.

strobogo

Banned
I remember during that Scott Hall angle, his wife Dana sent an open letter to Eric Bischoff pleading to stop making a storyline out of his drinking problems because they were very real. She posted it on some AOL bulletin board to bring awareness.

On one hand, I don't have a problem with real life issues being turned into storylines. A similar storyline was Eddie Guerrero's past addictions as part of the story. The main difference being that Eddie wasn't currently in the throes of addiction while they were doing the angle. Or in acting, when RDJ takes roles that play off his personal issues. But to do this angle while Hall was having serious, serious drinking problems that caused him to be taken off TV for months at a time that year is really pretty gross. I guess you can make an argument that the angle could be a wake up call to try to get it across to him that he's out of control, but I agree with his wife. WCW were just trying to get out of him whatever they could while they still could.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What did you expect? People who buy Yakuza new aren't enough. That's just business.

I love SEGA and I understand they gotta make money to bring cool shit over.

So why can stuff like Sengan Kagura and other niche RPGs like the Neptunia games get brought over but 'Yakuza would be too much!'

I mean, do you really think something like XSEED's Ys is gonna do any better than Yakuza 5 would?

i gotta a request, stro: in the Goldberg v DDP build up, the Flock attacks DDP and Goldberg makes the save. can you gif Kanyon doing a backflip while taking a spear and Lodi selling a punch like a shotgun blast? you'll know when you see those moments.

i think it's an early October show.

strobogo

Banned
Of course. I'm sure I was going to gif them anyway.

Everyone, for real go watch the Flair return thing. I put it up on Youtube myself. It is the only full version of the segment that isn't edited or cut up into pieces. It's amazing.

tm24

So why can stuff like Sengan Kagura and other niche RPGs like the Neptunia games get brought over but 'Yakuza would be too much!'

I mean, do you really think something like XSEED's Ys is gonna do any better than Yakuza 5 would?

Because the Sengan Kagura and all the NIS and Xseed fans come out huge for their game. Theyre a small dedicated base that the publishers know exactly what kind of reception they get and can adjust accordingly and pretty much nail it.

Sega can't do that with Yakuza. And thats the fact. Your usage of XSEED can be extended to their own Y5 problem, in the sequel to LoH: TitS. The effort needed to invest in it can't be recouped by the fanbase that exists.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It does though :/

I blame the mouthbreathing pedos that justify incest.

Kaladin

I might have done something either good or bad....we'll see....or nothing could come of it also.....we'll see.

That is all.

tumblr_mmmzt4dBaa1qjk0hmo1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Because the Sengan Kagura and all the NIS and Xseed fans come out huge for their game. Theyre a small dedicated base that the publishers know exactly what kind of reception they get and can adjust accordingly and pretty much nail it.

Sega can't do that with Yakuza. And thats the fact. Your usage of XSEED can be extended to their own Y5 problem, in the sequel to LoH: TitS. The effort needed to invest in it can't be recouped by the fanbase that exists.

But companies like, XSEED in particular, have come to SEGA and told them they'd be willing to publish it and do the translation work. Sega doesn't want to give it up for whatever reason, even when they know they're not going to bring something over here like Kenzan.

tm24

But companies like, XSEED in particular, have come to SEGA and told them they'd be willing to publish it and do the translation work. Sega doesn't want to give it up for whatever reason, even when they know they're not going to bring something over here like Kenzan.
They dont want to let things go, because once you do, you open the floodgates.

Of course. I'm sure I was going to gif them anyway.

Everyone, for real go watch the Flair return thing. I put it up on Youtube myself. It is the only full version of the segment that isn't edited or cut up into pieces. It's amazing.

It's just too heartbreaking to watch Chris Benoit footage at this point. I stopped watching wrestling when Eddie Guerrerro died, but when Chris Benoit did what he did, I decided I couldn't go back. I don't think I'll ever understand how he got to be that way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's just too heartbreaking to watch Chris Benoit footage at this point. I stopped watching wrestling when Eddie Guerrerro died, but when Chris Benoit did what he did, I decided I couldn't go back. I don't think I'll ever understand how he got to be that way.

Repeated head trauma, years of pain, lots of drugs. Could have just snapped, could have had it in him the whole time. We'll never know.

in chikara news Condor security was calling people telling them
to

Stay away from the Rocky steps on 9/14".

if you signed up for http://savechikara.com/ you got a call since condor hacked the website
the steps in question is where the statue of rocky is in philly.

chikara also had an even "The Answer's At The End" scheduled for that date in Easton.

This is getting awesome. ARGs are always facinating.

strobogo

Banned

Well, he doesn't talk and is barely even there. You can watch it. You need to watch it. Everyone needs to watch it.

in chikara news Condor security was calling people telling them
to

Stay away from the Rocky steps on 9/14".

if you signed up for http://savechikara.com/ you got a call since condor hacked the website
the steps in question is where the statue of rocky is in philly.

chikara also had an even "The Answer's At The End" scheduled for that date in Easton.

This is getting awesome. ARGs are always facinating.

If you go to the Rocky steps on 9/14 I will likely make fun of you in a Nelson Muntz esque manner

...or not since there's a free concert at the Piazza that day but understand you are being silly :p

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Can I get a recap on who's wrestling in BOLA?

Michael Elgin vs. Rich Swann

Kevin Steen vs. Chuck Taylor

Johnny Gargano vs. Willie Mack

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Trent?

Joey Ryan vs. Drake Younger

ACH vs. Anthony Nese

Brian Cage vs. Tommaso Ciampa

AR Fox vs. Roderick Strong

Adam Cole & The Young Bucks vs. TJ Perkins & Forever Hooligans

strobogo

Banned
Ric Flair in WCW post 1998 is basically JR post Attitude era in terms of how the powers that be treat them.

I'll never understand why the WCW brass hated Flair so much. Even going back to the early 90s when they wanted him to get that stupid hair cut (which he did, and it was awful) and change his name to Spartacus. He basically built what would become WCW and anchored it along with Sting for years and years. It's so weird that they went out of their way to fuck with him through multiple administrations. Imagine Vince trying to make Hogan change everything about himself, including his name, and make him a joke character in 1992 just because.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The whole Spartacus thing as far as I can tell was due to the current head of JCP thinking Flair was more trouble than he was worth and trying to force him out. A dumb idea to be sure but it certainly did work.

After coming back from the Fed a few years later he quickly gained the book and ended up pissing off a bunch of people along the way during that period, apparently including Bischoff, though at least he recognized that Flair could still draw. Still Hogan comes in, ratings go up and they begin the slow march to turning it into the WWE senior tour+crusierweight pre show.

Joeki11a

Banned
They're still charging Cena and Sheamus prices for Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio it seems.

Well the show does seems to have

Title Matches

Punk vs AxEL
Bryan vs Orton

But why raise the price for that?

Or maybe they will treated like a unrecorded RAW/PPV? Full on WWE production??? Not just a "houseshow"?

Kaladin

Well the show does seems to have

Title Matches

Punk vs AxEL
Bryan vs Orton

But why raise the price for that?

Or maybe they will treated like a unrecorded RAW/PPV? Full on WWE production??? Not just a "houseshow".

House shows are house shows, expect nothing more.....that's just the price of floor tickets these days.

Top Bottom