• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

SoulPlaya

more money than God
When G-Fex quit doing the NWA was when he started to become a problem.....at least that's my opinion. He became clearly bored with it and just started having fun with the thread trying to bring it down. Also, I will admit you have been better about the Kane stuff somewhat since you came back, but when I wake up and see a full page of Kane fan art, that's a bit much, regardless of whether it was just you, or you and another poster. There is discussion and then there is spamming fan art. I'm not questioning your love for Kane, and that is cool and all, but there is a point where it's too much.....there are some creepy Kane fans out there and I have seen some examples from this thread that I could have gone without seeing.
I've been "better" about the Kane stuff even before I left. It's just that whenever someone posted something Kane related, people just automatically assumed it was me. Secondly, you not liking something doesn't seem like a good enough reason for it to go away. Apparently, you weren't even awake for it. All that happened was that you woke up and saw something you didn't like, and decided to go to a mod about it, hours after it had ended. I could understand your point if you were trying to start a legitimate wrestling discussion, and I just came by and deliberately tried to fuck it up. I think it's fair to say that I've been respectful of any legitimate wrestling discussion that gets going here, and I try to get involved where I can, as well. I try to start some, as well. It's not like I complain when I'm trying to have a Kane (or divas or Sin Cara or WWE games or whatever) discussion and you post a giant indy poster (and like I've said before, I think it's great that you do so).

There are certain things in this thread that get on my nerves, but just because it gets on my nerves, I don't feel I'm now justified in ruining someone else's ability to discuss what they want (especially when it is wrestling related, even if marginally so). I'll be honest, I think it's a bit fucked up that some pics were posted when you weren't even awake, weren't even trying to post, all in a 30 minute span, then woke up hours later, and took it upon yourself to be morally outraged without even talking about it first.

Just my thoughts, though. And G-Fex has the right to say whatever he wants that's wrestling related (stupid joke or not), even if he doesn't know who Harley Race is, lol.

Yeah, okay, I've received enough complaints about the thread now that we can do two things: we could get back to talking about wrestling (or whatever the WWE is currently putting out with title to such claim), or I could start cleaning out the thread of malcontents/people disinterested in talking about wrestling so that those who want to talk can do so in a much smaller forum.

Seriously, stop it.

Sometimes I feel this thread is on repeat.

You guys.....

To be fair stuff can get spammy at times but we havent reached midnight wrasslegaf levels in quite some time.

bangai-o

Banned
ive started up the sept 6 episode of Superstars. so far not so good with that Cecaro guy. I used to think he could be good, but now i think he is pretty much awful.

he is the US Champion!? ugh!

tm24

I really liked El Zorro a lot. There's still a lot more for me to watch. The CMLL stuff I watched was pretty much all of their events in May 2010.
Nice. AAA has been a slide for the most part and cmll on the rise since that time perion in my opinion

Someone actually ratted on you? bean breath.

Yo, what da heyll? Keep mah name out 'cha mouth, homie ERRR... I mean

This thread isn't about you and me, Plywood. I hope that we can both enjoy Bret Hart's return to Montreal tomorrow by way of lively, text-based, on-topic discussion. However, because I plan to watch NFL football today and not Professional Wrestling, I will situate myself in the appropriate thread so as to allow room for those enjoying TNA's event to engage each other, free of distraction. Let's continue this tomorrow at 8pm est/ 5 pm pst.

Regards,

Bean Breath.

Kaladin

I've been "better" about the Kane stuff even before I left. It's just that whenever someone posted something Kane related, people just automatically assumed it was me. Secondly, you not liking something doesn't seem like a good enough reason for it to go away. Apparently, you weren't even awake for it. All that happened was that you woke up and saw something you didn't like, and decided to go to a mod about it, hours after it had ended. I could understand your point if you were trying to start a legitimate wrestling discussion, and I just came by and deliberately tried to fuck it up. I think it's fair to say that I've been respectful of any legitimate wrestling discussion that gets going here, and I try to get involved where I can, as well. I try to start some, as well. It's not like I complain when I'm trying to have a Kane (or divas or Sin Cara or WWE games or whatever) discussion and you post a giant indy poster (and like I've said before, I think it's great that you do so).

There are certain things in this thread that get on my nerves, but just because it gets on my nerves, I don't feel I'm now justified in ruining someone else's ability to discuss what they want (especially when it is wrestling related, even if marginally so). I'll be honest, I think it's a bit fucked up that some pics were posted when you weren't even awake, weren't even trying to post, all in a 30 minute span, then woke up hours later, and took it upon yourself to be morally outraged without even talking about it first.

Just my thoughts, though. And G-Fex has the right to say whatever he wants that's wrestling related (stupid joke or not), even if he doesn't know who Harley Race is, lol.

Honestly, the gif/image spam has been brought up before. That's why I didn't feel like talking about it would do any good. You also may not realize it, but people do go back to look at posts they've missed in this thread so it doesn't matter if it happened overnight or what the timespan of the posting was. We obviously have different opinions on this so we'll just agree to disagree here. I will say that I'm not the only one who has gone to a mod recently, Y2Kev said he's had multiple complaints....I'm just the latest and I admitted to it.

bangai-o

Banned
Layla x Natalia match is okay. Layla doing dance routines during the match is kinda interesting.

except for the ending. Natalia loses to a stomach kick?

We should make tomorrow night's WWE Raw a peace gathering for our thread. We can all get together and do the one thing that really drives this thread: making fun of the shit product that the WWE puts out.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Honestly, the gif/image spam has been brought up before. That's why I didn't feel like talking about it would do any good. You also may not realize it, but people do go back to look at posts they've missed in this thread so it doesn't matter if it happened overnight or what the timespan of the posting was. We obviously have different opinions on this so we'll just agree to disagree here. I will say that I'm not the only one who has gone to a mod recently, Y2Kev said he's had multiple complaints....I'm just the latest and I admitted to it.
I don't understand what reading about a discussion hours later has to do with it. You weren't a part of it, so why try to ruin our fun. I apologize if our discussion wasn't up to your standards. I could understand if it wasn't wrestling related, but Kane is a wrestler, and it was like 30 minutes. I'm going to post what I want to post about, as long as it's wrestling related, I'm good in my eyes.

The gifs/pics were brought up before, and I did take it down a notch, didn't I?

We should make tomorrow night's WWE Raw a peace gathering for our thread. We can all get together and do the one thing that really drives this thread: making fun of the shit product that the WWE puts out.
People don't watch RAW.

Kyoufu

I hated all the Kane spam but to be fair Soulplaya has toned it down lately.

Anyway screw you guys, I'm hyped for Raw*

*CM Punk/Daniel Bryan segments

bangai-o

Banned
recap of Raw I didnt watch.

Thank you CM PUnk for beating up Lawler. I dont know why you are doing it, but hopefully that means he is not on commentary anymore.

Punk doesnt want to face Sheamus? ha! scaredy. WcW belt > WWE Title. Who is driving the limo?

Del Rio vs Cena. i think I want to watch that whole match.

"HEY PUNKS BACK" Del Rio wins. yay.
BWAAhh Heyman is driving the limo!?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I hated all the Kane spam but to be fair Soulplaya has toned it down lately.
Thanks, but I wonder why it's the Kane pics that always piss people off. Divas gifs and pics get posted constantly, and at one point, a pic or gif of AJ was going on every other post, and those discussions could get down right misogynistic, but no one seemed to mind. We also get anime pics of other wrestlers in here (cool ones too).

But like I said, though, I accept WrassleGAF in its entirety.

Thanks, but I wonder why it's the Kane pics that always piss people off. Divas gifs and pics get posted constantly, and at one point, a pic or gif of AJ was going on every other post, and those discussions could get down right misogynistic, but no one seemed to mind. We also get anime pics of other wrestlers in here (cool ones too).

But like I said, though, I accept WrassleGAF in its entirety.
It's because Glen Jacobs is nothing more than a jobber to the stars.

Davey Richards? Not exactly a flop, but the fans turned on him (ROH fans turning on a face champion? What a shocker!) because of his super serious, faux-MMA style and main event matches that went WAAAAAAY too long with a million-and-one nearfalls and head-drops, little psychology and awful selling.

The belt got put on Steen simply because of how insanely over he is - although, it's kinda awkward. Steen's playing a dangerous and unpredictable heel to Cornette's businessman trying to promote wrestling with old-school values, he's the overweight, out of shape nightmare to Davey Richards' athleticism and intensity, and the whole storyline revolves about him holding the company hostage and Cornette desperately trying anything to get the belt back on a guy like Richards.

But, the problem is two-fold; one, the fans don't like Cornette's steps to turn ROH into 'Smoky Mountain of Honor' and go nuts for the wild and crazy brawls that epitomises Steen's matches, but not the rest of ROH, and two, the fans just don't like Davey Richards any more. I imagine they'll have to turn Richards heel, because all their attempts to make the fans hate Steen just haven't worked.

much appreciated, props man

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It's because Glen Jacobs is nothing more than a jobber to the stars.

That's BS and you know it.

Del Rio isn't a star.

fela fella fella fella fella

you 2 need to stop and

PcPF2.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yo, what da heyll? Keep mah name out 'cha mouth, homie ERRR... I mean

This thread isn't about you and me, Plywood. I hope that we can both enjoy Bret Hart's return to Montreal tomorrow by way of lively, text-based, on-topic discussion. However, because I plan to watch NFL football today and not Professional Wrestling, I will situate myself in the appropriate thread so as to allow room for those enjoying TNA's event to engage each other, free of distraction. Let's continue this tomorrow at 8pm est/ 5 pm pst.

Regards,

Bean Breath.
Apologies,

I did not think you would be preoccupied today on this lovely day of Sunday. Your presence will be sorely missed this afternoon. However it is to my knowledge you wish to give those who wish to discuss TNA posting space, I fully respect and understand your decision. It is also to my understanding that you are looking forward to Bret Hart's return this coming Monday. I will RSVP to see you then at 8pm EST/5pm PST. I look forward to your thoughts on his actions that affect the ongoing soap opera of the WWE universe.

Best of luck in your current endeavors,

Plylonius Woodrow

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Apologies,

I did not think you would be preoccupied today on this lovely day of Sunday. Your presence will be sorely missed this afternoon. However it is to my knowledge you wish to give those who wish to discuss TNA posting space, I fully respect and understand your decision. It is also to my understanding that you are looking forward to Bret Hart's return this coming Monday. I will RSVP to see you then at 8pm EST/5pm PST. I look forward to your thoughts on his actions that affect the ongoing soap opera of the WWE universe.

Best of luck in your current endeavors,

Plylonius Woodrow
Holy shit, does RAW really start at 5 pm on the West Coast? Most people haven't even gotten home by then.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Didn't realise the olympics were US exclusive. My bad!

Raw is aired live in the UK. It's 1am or something over there when it's on.

Yeah..it's only in the UK. Rest of the world gets Raw on tape

oh Canada is on tape delay too XD

XenoRaven

Yeah what a jerk he is for helping organize community events and raising awareness of events featuring amazingly talented wrestlers.

Yeah, okay, I've received enough complaints about the thread now that we can do two things: we could get back to talking about wrestling (or whatever the WWE is currently putting out with title to such claim), or I could start cleaning out the thread of malcontents/people disinterested in talking about wrestling so that those who want to talk can do so in a much smaller forum.

Seriously, stop it.
It's time for a clean up enough chances have been given to this thread its so bad it needs daily moderation now

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah what a jerk he is for helping organize community events and raising awareness of events featuring amazingly talented wrestlers.
Oh God, I'm only joking. The indy stuff is fantastic, and I'm watching what Bootaaay linked to earlier, as we speak.

Relax, people. Relax.

strobogo

Banned
The last week in here has for sure been the worst it has been in a few months. The past few days in particular have been just weird. It's a wrestling thread, and often the people who want to talk about wrestling are drowned out by people who want to talk about anything BUT wrestling. Which is weird, since this is the dedicated pro wrestling thread. Obviously things in any community get off topic from time to time, but this gets so wildly off topic that people who try to bring it back get shit for it.

I'm glad someone stepped up. This is my favorite thread on the board and it regularly gets completely ruined for days at a time by weirdos who think because they watch wrestling, they have to act like wrestling characters online. Or annoy the shit out of people by posting the same pictures/gifs over and over every few posts.

I post at other wrestling specific boards and they aren't as good as this thread. It is a bummer when certain people try to ruin it for everyone by gimmick posting and spamming. There is tons of wrestling for people to watch. WWE has 7 1/2 hours a week. TNA has 3. Tons of puro can be found easily online (often in this very thread). There are multiple lucha promotions with TV that be be easily found. There are multiple indies in the US with TV that can be easily found and events every month. It's not like there is a shortage of wrestling to talk about. There is a lot of wrestling currently going on without even taking into consideration talking about old stuff.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The last week in here has for sure been the worst it has been in a few months. The past few days in particular have been just weird. It's a wrestling thread, and often the people who want to talk about wrestling are drowned out by people who want to talk about anything BUT wrestling. Which is weird, since this is the dedicated pro wrestling thread. Obviously things in any community get off topic from time to time, but this gets so wildly off topic that people who try to bring it back get shit for it.

I'm glad someone stepped up. This is my favorite thread on the board and it regularly gets completely ruined for days at a time by weirdos who think because they watch wrestling, they have to act like wrestling characters online. Or annoy the shit out of people by posting the same pictures/gifs over and over every few posts.

I post at other wrestling specific boards and they aren't as good as this thread. It is a bummer when certain people try to ruin it for everyone by gimmick posting and spamming. There is tons of wrestling for people to watch. WWE has 7 1/2 hours a week. TNA has 3. Tons of puro can be found easily online (often in this very thread). There are multiple lucha promotions with TV that be be easily found. There are multiple indies in the US with TV that can be easily found and events every month. It's not like there is a shortage of wrestling to talk about. There is a lot of wrestling currently going on without even taking into consideration talking about old stuff.
When has anyone gotten shit for trying to discuss wrestling? When?

There was a point in time in WrestleGAF history where a good chunk of the posters would watch nostalgia streams (streams of old wrestling footage) and there were complaints from a few other posters that our reactions to the nostalgia streams were annoying too.

What can I discuss before someone "steps up" and PMs a mod about something I've said?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You guys need to relax. Everyone just watch this:

and chill out. It's only GAF, it's only wrestling, it's only pictures, it's only posts, it's only 1's and 0's. Relax.
Dude, it's funny to me. Half the posts in this thread have become just people complaining about how there's so little wrestling discussion going on. Maybe if they stopped complaining and tried starting their own discussions, we wouldn't be having this problem.

It's just a message board, people. It's just wrestling. Stop taking it so damn seriously, lol.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There was a point in time in WrestleGAF history where a good chunk of the posters would watch nostalgia streams (streams of old wrestling footage) and there were complaints from a few other posters that our reactions to the nostalgia streams were annoying too.

What can I discuss before someone "steps up" and PMs a mod about something I've said?
Oh yeah, I remember those complaints. "All you guys talk about is how great that era was, and how bad this era is. We get it guys."

I miss those streams. I would spend hours watching them.

Oh yeah, I remember those complaints. "All you guys talk about is how great that era was, and how bad this era is. We get it guys."

I miss those streams. I would spend hours watching them.

I think they were more bothered by posts like "Holy shit! D Lo Brown!"because it got their hopes up and then they realised everyone was watching an older stream and in their fury they proclaimed rage.

The historical relevance of Scott Norton tripping on a ring step during his entrance on WCW Nitro in 1997. How will that affect the children of our great nation moving forward? Will minorities around the world be in a better place because of it, or will the psychological impact be so destructive that economies everywhere will collapse under the pressure of the Higgs-Boson particle?

Stimulating intellectual discussions abound, good chap.

Aiii

So not worth it
Okay guys, so I'm well excited for this monday's Raw. Can't wait for more Heyman and Punk. I want them to beat on Cena some more. Also, lets hope tomorrow is the night AJ gets fired and becomes a wrestler again.

Finally, I want a new heel stable, with Punk, Ambrose, AJ and Cesaro in it. Because that would be great. But that'll be another week or two, maybe NoC.

I like how people complain about WWE so much, when in reality it's not half so bad as they think it is. 3 hours suck, but the storylines have been entertaining and Punk is his greet douchebaggery self again. Also, Sandow is amazing. Del Rio's feud with Sheamus is finally interesting. Orton is about to put over Ziggler big time, Rey and Sin Cara have been good together and their feud with Rhodes is alot of fun. And finally, Bryan and Kane are reason enough to watch this stuff. Amazing work. And hell, even the divas are sorta having a storyline atm.

The only really bad thing I can think of is Lawler returning to commentary.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think they were more bothered by posts like "Holy shit! D Lo Brown!"because it got their hopes up and then they realised everyone was watching an older stream and in their fury they proclaimed rage.
I will say this. D'Lo Brown's popularity has really exploded in recent years. Me and my friends still wonder how he managed to move his neck like that.

We also wonder how he managed to introduce GGG to his wife.

The historical relevance of Scott Norton tripping on a ring step during his entrance on WCW Nitro in 1997. How will that affect the children of our great nation moving forward? Will minorities around the world be in a better place because of it, or will the psychological impact be so destructive that economies everywhere will collapse under the pressure of the Higgs-Boson particle?

Stimulating intellectual discussions abound, good chap.
HOLY SHIT! LOL!!! Scott Norton. No one had a more powerful gut than him.

Top Bottom