• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It features all 12 Bound For Glory series participants, since this PPV is about ending the BFG series. Everything else should be secondary, and I actually like that they're not even defending the title here to make the BFG title shot more important.

Ah ok.

Don't really follow Impact even though I probably should.

It features all 12 Bound For Glory series participants, since this PPV is about ending the BFG series. Everything else should be secondary, and I actually like that they're not even defending the title here to make the BFG title shot more important.

I just assumed that it was an old poster; it would explain why all the wrestlers that are out of the running are on there, too. But your explanation makes sense.

That being said, I do hope that something happens with this whole Aces & Eights business, just so we can get closer to a conclusion and be done with it before it goes off the rails.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, okay, I've received enough complaints about the thread now that we can do two things: we could get back to talking about wrestling (or whatever the WWE is currently putting out with title to such claim), or I could start cleaning out the thread of malcontents/people disinterested in talking about wrestling so that those who want to talk can do so in a much smaller forum.

Seriously, stop it.
This is all Dragonzord's fault. I told you not to post that CM Punk pic!!!

I'm amazed that you're even getting complaints. I mean, what are the guidelines? People occasionally post links to streaming games? Are they not allowed anymore? Divas pics/gifs? Kane pics/gifs? I mean that's certainly wrestling related.

It may not be what everyone wants, but it's certainly wrestling related.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I personally believe that SoulPlaya just wills uploaded pictures of Kane into his posts. He is one acquainted with the night. He has walked out in Kane fandom - and back in Kane fandom, and he does so as he feels appropriate.
There's an endless plethora of Kane stuff on the internet. It's honestly amazing how many dedicated Kane fans there are out there. Every day there's tons of new stuff.

Don't burn down Wrasslegaf like Kane would, make it a better place like Glenn Jacobs would.
Triple G would never post here.

Kane would love it, though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I'm amazed that you're even getting complaints. I mean, what are the guidelines? People occasionally post links to streaming games? Are they not allowed anymore? Divas pics/gifs? Kane pics/gifs? I mean that's certainly wrestling related.

Technically, spamming GIFs of Shawn Michaels is wrestling related, but we stopped that too because it is destructive to discussion. The thread's not here so that personalities can display their fetishes.

Like you and Kane, for example.

Sokantish

I bet it was that G-Fex guy! He's such a Debbie downer!

I still need to watch Smackdown this week, I haven't really felt like it since Daniel Bryan hasn't really been on much the past couple weeks. Is he on this week?

EDIT: Oh wait G-Fex was banned...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Technically, spamming GIFs of Shawn Michaels is wrestling related, but we stopped that too because it is destructive to discussion. The thread's not here so that personalities can display their fetishes.

Like you and Kane, for example.
So, can I still post Kane stuff, if it's directly related to wrestling? Are divas gifs/pics banned too? Are we still allowed to discuss video games and streams? I want to make sure I don't fuck up here.

Like, for example, can I start a discussion about the first inferno match with this pic?

tumblr_ma1zsgm3mZ1ree9s5o1_r2_400.png

Sokantish

I really thought the point of community was that you didn't really have to stay on topic it was just a topic for the fans of that topic to all post in and be a community! I've been misled this whole time...

EDIT: Oh and I love wrestling. Did you guys watch CZW last night? What a show!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The point of community was to get threads that were constantly on the first page of the OT out of the OT so that other topics would not be drowned out by 5 sports threads, PoliGAF, and other communities (AnimeGAF, PopGAF, etc.). It was not to create chat rooms. Guys, this has all been out in the open for a long time.

I don't think I should dictate what you should and should not post; you're all capable of determining when enough is enough. The last thing any of us want to do is micromanage a large community, and I think you guys have been given plenty of room to talk about whatever you want. But if I'm getting complaints from this group, that tells me things have gone too far.

I really thought the point of community was that you didn't really have to stay on topic it was just a topic for the fans of that topic to all post in and be a community! I've been misled this whole time...

EDIT: Oh and I love wrestling. Did you guys watch CZW last night? What a show!

This was my belief also. Especially with the whole segregation of the community threads to their own tab, I thought it provided a place for a specific community to carry on discussion about the primary topic, but also about other things as a relatively close group.

And Night of Champions looks really boring so far...John Cena again? C'mon WWE, do something different please!

My posts are always close to wrestling... or Maryse

One time I posted about Captain Scarlet, but that could have been a sly reference to a new Cena t-shirt.

Sokantish

This was my belief also. Especially with the whole segregation of the community threads to their own tab, I thought it provided a place for a specific community to carry on discussion about the primary topic, but also about other things as a relatively close group.

And Night of Champions looks really boring so far...John Cena again? C'mon WWE, do something different please!

Well that's how every community thread works, so that's why I thought that.

Wrestling only from now on though, I'm okay with that. How about that CM Punk guy, I think you can all see what happens if you don't respect CM Punk(Looking at YOU G-Fex)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Y2Kev I'm curious, did G-Fex get banned from his recent posts in this thread or from talking about Eggman's banning?
WTF?!?!?! Why is Fex banned????

I miss him, already.

BTW, whoever was the one complaining should really just talk to us about how he or she feels (or at least PM me, if you think I'm the problem, which would be a little fucked up since I'm not the only one). What I hope isn't the case is that it's someone who rarely even posts here, but claims that they would if only there were was more real "discussion", but never will even if people stopped posting pics and gifs.

Razorskin

----- ------
So, can I still post Kane stuff, if it's directly related to wrestling? Are divas gifs/pics banned too? Are we still allowed to discuss video games and streams? I want to make sure I don't fuck up here.

Like, for example, can I start a discussion about the first inferno match with this pic?

tumblr_ma1zsgm3mZ1ree9s5o1_r2_400.png

Kane lost like evey inferno match, jobber forever.

For some reason they put that match in all the recent WWE games. While 6 man tag team matches don't make it in.

Kane lost like evey inferno match, jobber forever.

For some reason they put that match in all the recent WWE games. While 6 man tag team matches don't make it in.

He totally beat MVP and i'm pretty sure 6 man tag are in like every Smackdown game from JBI onwards.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The point of community was to get threads that were constantly on the first page of the OT out of the OT so that other topics would not be drowned out by 5 sports threads, PoliGAF, and other communities (AnimeGAF, PopGAF, etc.). It was not to create chat rooms. Guys, this has all been out in the open for a long time.

I don't think I should dictate what you should and should not post; you're all capable of determining when enough is enough. The last thing any of us want to do is micromanage a large community, and I think you guys have been given plenty of room to talk about whatever you want. But if I'm getting complaints from this group, that tells me things have gone too far.
I honestly don't see how WrassleGAF now is any different from what it used to be. I still contend that if all the Kane pics from last night were gifs of divas shaking their asses, no one would be complaining. I think the unfortunate thing is that wrestling is so bad these days (or at least, you have to put in such a large effort to find good wrestling) that most people here don't even watch wrestling but still enjoy each other's company enough to actually post here, so you get lots of other discussions.

However, that's just my opinion.

XenoRaven

I miss him, already.

BTW, whoever was the one complaining should really just talk to us about how he or she feels (or at least PM me, if you think I'm the problem, which would be a little fucked up since I'm not the only one). What I hope isn't the case is that it's someone who rarely even posts here, but claims that they would if only there were was more real "discussion", but never will even if people stopped posting pics and gifs.
Someone with 6 posts in the thread threatened to go to bish about the fighting game tournament.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Someone with 6 posts in the thread threatened to go to bish about the fighting game tournament.
Exactly.

Stop being bitches. We're all pretty friendly with each other, and I enjoy EVERYONE's contributions to this thread. If you have a problem, please come out and say so. The mods aren't going to manage us. We need to handle this ourselves, like adults (or at least try to).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
But isn't that guy complaining about the fighting game stuff and people complaining about your Kane pictures them coming out and saying they have a problem with something?

I honestly don't see how WrassleGAF now is any different from what it used to be. I still contend that if all the Kane pics from last night were gifs of divas shaking their asses, no one would be complaining. I think the unfortunate thing is that wrestling is so bad these days (or at least, you have to put in such a large effort to find good wrestling) that most people here don't even watch wrestling but still enjoy each other's company enough to actually post here, so you get lots of other discussions.

I get the angle you're coming from but taking a look at last nights display was one of those overboard moments of Kane images, some people really don't take well to the bad fanart, especially not tons of it, feel free to drop said art in the "awesome" fan art thread though.

Winning against MVP doesnt count when he's 1-3.
That's because only Kane is man enough attired in the right gear to be set on fire.

Exactly.

Stop being bitches. We're all pretty friendly with each other, and I enjoy EVERYONE's contributions to this thread. If you have a problem, please come out and say so. The mods aren't going to manage us. We need to handle this ourselves, like adults (or at least try to).

In all seriousness there are a few people who have mentioned your Kane spam so it's not like no one says anything.
I mean I appreciate all the Kane, but I would, now if it were some lamer like say Jeff Hardy then well i'd probably complain as well.

Zbyszko looks to be fighting in some kind of ancient temple and on top of an ornate rug/fancy carpet, what the heck is going on?!
WWE should make gimmick rings and arenas, that'll spice things up, the inferno match is a nice start.

Kaladin

I miss him, already.

Exactly.

But isn't that guy complaining about the fighting game stuff and people complaining about your Kane pictures them coming out and saying they have a problem with something?

I get the angle you're coming from but taking a look at last nights display was one of those overboard moments of Kane images, some people really don't take well to the bad fanart, especially not tons of it, feel free to drop said art in the "awesome" fan art thread though.

That's because only Kane is man enough attired in the right gear to be set on fire.

In all seriousness there are a few people who have mentioned your Kane spam so it's not like no one says anything.
I mean I appreciate all the Kane, but I would, now if it were some lamer like say Jeff Hardy then well i'd probably complain as well.

I'm the one who complained to Y2Kev today. I pointed out both SoulPlaya and G-Fex as the biggest problems in the thread lately. G-Fex always, and I mean always talks of bringing the thread down and basically shits on things. While I like the guy sometimes, if he doesn't care anymore that's fine....but don't bring the thread down for everyone else who does. As for SoulPlaya, the Kane stuff just gets out of hand sometimes. Last night was one of those times. I mean really, almost a half page of Kane fan art? Kane stuff is fine every now and then, as are diva gifs or whatever, but don't go overboard with it. It was the same complaint people had about Midnight WrassleGaf and that wasn't about Kane. There is a point where it is discussion and where it is going overboard.

The main thing here is, just don't bring the thread down. Discussion or gifs or whatever is fine, just don't fill the thread with pointless spam or try to destroy it, whether your joking or not. That's pretty much it.

It's not the video game tourny talk, that stuff was awesome and an original idea. The pics and gifs are pretty funny for the most part, until some of you start acting like 12 year olds and spam a picture over and over again. The problem is with people constantly trying to derail the thread by "getting themselves over" or starting feuds with other posters. There is a limited amount of us who want to discus or share wrestling. I think some of you don't even like or watch wrestling for the most part but because this thread is so active you've just decided to live here all day every day.

edit.

Just because you post in a wrestling thread doesn't mean you have to act like a wrestler.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What the Hell did I miss?

C'mon you guys. :(

In all fairness, I'm on dj's side. There's a certain amount of negativity and .gif/certain wrestler spamming where it reaches critical mass and just becomes completely annoying.

Like Y2Kev said, it seems some of you take on this weird persona, and it really deters any wrestling discussion from this thread. Even though I only watch WWE and the occasional TNA, I think it's great that there's talk about all the other federations. But when I see a bunch of Kane .gifs or fan art for 50 posts out of 100 posts on a page, it really doesn't want me to keep coming to this thread.

If you guys do it in moderation, cool, but some of you guys go completely overboard with the stuff.

It's not the video game tourny talk, that stuff was awesome and an original idea. The pics and gifs are pretty funny for the most part, until some of you start acting like 12 year olds and spam a picture over and over again. The problem is with people constantly trying to derail the thread by "getting themselves over" or starting feuds with other posters. There is a limited amount of us who want to discus or share wrestling. I think some of you don't even like or watch wrestling for the most part but because this thread is so active you've just decided to live here all day every day.

I think the tourney was great because it was a community thing. It wasn't necessarily about wrestling, but it was something fun to do as a community which is what we are.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm pretty much only here for Raw and occasionally to advocate NXT or post a diva pic to counter other posting nonsense.

the ignore feature works wonders for ignoring kane spam. im glad someone tried to get things some what in order.

1 week till King of Trios, i expect the spectral envoy to take it over the swarm in the finals.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't post too much about AJ right, guys?

Cause really, tell me if I'm annoying and what not, no need to bother mods with stuff wecan figure out between us.

G-Fex seems a bit, I dunno, I guess adolescent in his postings. Don't mind Soulplaya at all, he contributes to this thread alot, I can deal with his Kane mark posts I guess.

Anyway, lets be friends okay?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

THANK THE LORD

XenoRaven

I'm the one who complained to Y2Kev today. I pointed out both SoulPlaya and G-Fex as the biggest problems in the thread lately. G-Fex always, and I mean always talks of bringing the thread down and basically shits on things. While I like the guy sometimes, if he doesn't care anymore that's fine....but don't bring the thread down for everyone else who does. As for SoulPlaya, the Kane stuff just gets out of hand sometimes. Last night was one of those times. I mean really, almost a half page of Kane fan art? Kane stuff is fine every now and then, as are diva gifs or whatever, but don't go overboard with it. It was the same complaint people had about Midnight WrassleGaf and that wasn't about Kane. There is a point where it is discussion and where it is going overboard.

The main thing here is, just don't bring the thread down. Discussion or gifs or whatever is fine, just don't fill the thread with pointless spam or try to destroy it, whether your joking or not. That's pretty much it.
Well in that case, thanks for coming forward. I agree with you. You pretty much summed up how I feel. I don't dislike anyone here, and I don't mind getting off topic sometimes, but sometimes it gets out of hand. I don't want to call anyone out or mention names, but some people have a tendency to contribute and be really cool to talk to one day, then the next they post pages of nonsense that has nothing to do with anything. We have the ability to regulate ourselves. Don't be the one guy that ignores everyone around them with some poorly constructed justification.

somedevil

G-fex was a problem because he posts read like he never actually watched wrestling and just posted to be a personality and really didn't add anything to the conversation.

This thread gets bad sometimes because there is dead space when there isn't much to talk about. I just don't post because there is nothing interesting to talk about right now till the tna pay per view.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah, okay, I've received enough complaints about the thread now that we can do two things: we could get back to talking about wrestling (or whatever the WWE is currently putting out with title to such claim), or I could start cleaning out the thread of malcontents/people disinterested in talking about wrestling so that those who want to talk can do so in a much smaller forum.

Seriously, stop it.

OvaLr.gif

the ignore feature works wonders for ignoring kane spam. im glad someone tried to get things some what in order.

1 week till King of Trios, i expect the spectral envoy to take it over the swarm in the finals.

I think the Delirious is going to screw UMB in the finals and The Batiri will take it home.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Owen Hart is a cool dude, when I was younger I didn't recognize that though. I did like Ken Shamrock though. I never saw that match before. When was that?

I miss seeing Owen Hart in the ring. I have always been a fan of the mid-sized wrestlers such as Bret and Owen, Hennig, Jericho, Savage, Benoit, Piper, and Jannety, even though he could never muster much of a career after the tag-team split.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Owen Hart is a cool dude, when I was younger I didn't recognize that though. I did like Ken Shamrock though. I never saw that match before. When was that?

Looks like Fully Loaded in 1998

I love how the main event is UT/SCSA vs. Kane/Mankind for the friggin TAG TITLES.

Also I think this was the infamous event where Sable had the pasties on in the bikini contest.

:lol @ this, from the Wiki article:

The main event was a tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship. Kane and Mankind defended the title against Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker. Austin tried to perform a Sitout Three-Quarter Facelock Jawbreaker, which he calls Stone Cold Stunner on Kane, but Kane blocked the move and chokeslammed Undertaker.

Wonder when that was written or where they copied it from? lol

somedevil

Here is Kassius Ohno talking about his finisher:

"A Rolling Elbow minus the 'roll' is simply an elbow. Discus throwers spin in a circle to build momentum & increase power. The trick is maintaining accuracy as the elbow connects. If done right, the move is incredibly effective. Can't fault someone for utilizing such a devastating maneuver. Besides, you never know where that certain someone may have picked up the technique. Tanaka? Misawa? Or... My dream is to carry on the legacy of the Elbow from Mitsuharu Misawa just as he carried it from Jumbo Tsuruta and brought it to new heights.

I love his hipster heel character he had going but right now his dream won't work because would they allow his finisher to happen if he is called up and Barrett is doing his new one that is also involves the elbow as well?

Top Bottom