• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Here is Kassius Ohno talking about his finisher:

I love his hipster heel character he had going but right now his dream won't work because would they allow his finisher to happen if he is called up and Barrett is doing his new one that is also involves the elbow as well?

Kassius spins into hit opponent while Barrett spins his oppnenet into his elbow. there is a slight difference which is KO's elbow can come out of nowhere.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I get the angle you're coming from but taking a look at last nights display was one of those overboard moments of Kane images, some people really don't take well to the bad fanart, especially not tons of it, feel free to drop said art in the "awesome" fan art thread though.
In all seriousness there are a few people who have mentioned your Kane spam so it's not like no one says anything.
I mean I appreciate all the Kane, but I would, now if it were some lamer like say Jeff Hardy then well i'd probably complain as well.
Dude, I wasn't even the one that started it, and it wasn't my pic that drew the most ire.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here is Kassius Ohno talking about his finisher:

I love his hipster heel character he had going but right now his dream won't work because would they allow his finisher to happen if he is called up and Barrett is doing his new one that is also involves the elbow as well?

Hero ripped off Misawa
Wade ripped off Okada

baka gaijins~

somedevil

Kassius spins into hit opponent while Barrett spins his oppnenet into his elbow. there is a slight difference which is KO's elbow can come out of nowhere.

It is different but would they let him do it because WWE loves to steal finishers from NXT/FCW and give it people at the main level.

Look at Dean Ambrose his finisher was given to Otunga for 1 or 2 times then Sheamus took it and its now called White Noise.

Preview of the PWG 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - spoiler warning, obviously;

Dragonzord said:
Wade ripped off Okada

Hero - Wade's using the ripchord elbow, one of the many various elbows Hero used to hit.

Dragonzord said:
Naito's the future of the ER right now

He's actually wrestled a couple of matches this past week - guess his injury wasn't as severe as they thought and he didn't need surgery.

trunbuns

I actually admire Soulplaya's love of Kane. He contributes to the discussion and knows his stuff. I do have more of an appreciation for Mr G Jacobs than I ever thought possible.

It's always nice to have discussion about the indies or how hyped you are for the next TNA ppv but wrestling is ridiculous really, there's no need to be so serious about it. No-one wants Midnight Wrasslegaf levels of giffery and the fan art can go a bit far but the thread would be a boring place if it weren't for some of the characters and humour contained therein.

There are plenty of boring, over-serious places to discuss wrestling on the internet.

And someone seriously complained about the fighting game tournament? It was a great idea and was designed to promote interactivity in the thread. I understand too many GIFs etc to a point but complaining about something that someone arranged to get people involved is crazy

It is different but would they let him do it because WWE loves to steal finishers from NXT/FCW and give it people at the main level.

Look at Dean Ambrose his finisher was given to Otunga for 1 or 2 times then Sheamus took it and its now called White Noise.

Ambrose would use the regal streach if anything

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
aw, reunion
Dk1O9.jpg

never realize how crazy tall nakamura is until you see him next to big guys

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I was out for most of the weekend watching AAA and CMLL stuff, and I come back to...insanity.

Welcome back! :|

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm the one who complained to Y2Kev today. I pointed out both SoulPlaya and G-Fex as the biggest problems in the thread lately. G-Fex always, and I mean always talks of bringing the thread down and basically shits on things. While I like the guy sometimes, if he doesn't care anymore that's fine....but don't bring the thread down for everyone else who does. As for SoulPlaya, the Kane stuff just gets out of hand sometimes. Last night was one of those times. I mean really, almost a half page of Kane fan art? Kane stuff is fine every now and then, as are diva gifs or whatever, but don't go overboard with it. It was the same complaint people had about Midnight WrassleGaf and that wasn't about Kane. There is a point where it is discussion and where it is going overboard.

The main thing here is, just don't bring the thread down. Discussion or gifs or whatever is fine, just don't fill the thread with pointless spam or try to destroy it, whether your joking or not. That's pretty much it.
Midnight WrassleGAF was around LOOOOONG before Kane. Long before him. And it had way more fucked up things then (a lot of it wasn't even wrestling related at all). Personally, I would argue that I have just as much a right to discuss Kane as you do Indy wrestling. I've never "spammed the same pics over and over again". However, there have been times where you've posted the same indy poster over and over again trying to get people hyped up for it. I've never complained about it (I actually appreciate it, and think it's great). It's both wrestling. There was a time where I did nothing but post wrestling matches trying to get people to discuss them, but it doesn't really work all that much.

This thread will never be about indy wrestling. It's just too inconvenient and difficult to get into. Last night was about a 30 minute stretch at midnight. You guys have indy viewing times, and I don't interfere or try to sabotage it. Hell, I wish I could join you guys, but my funds are dirt low right now (I'm spending thousands right now flying through the country for interviews and applications). There was a time when Bish tried to clamp down on the pics and gifs in this thread, but people rebelled. You guys may not like it, but it's just as much a part of this community as anything else. Last night may have been much, but it was like a 30 minute stretch. Get over it. Ninety percent of my Kane posts are about his matches and actual happenings in his career. I barely post Kane "art" anymore, and I only did last night as a joke. Hell, I barely even posted all of last month. Like I've said before, I appreciate all aspects of this community, because that's what this community is about. The divas gifs/pics, discussions, video game streams, Kane pics, etc. are all apart of it. There are many other wrestling boards out there that are strictly wrestling. What separates this one from the others is the life of the community here, and its diversity.

As far as Fex goes, I'll admit that he can try a little too hard at times, but I like him, and most of his "take this board" down talk are just jokes. His NWA stream back in the days took a lot of effort, and it was usually the best part of the week.

I will say that I'm glad that we're getting this out in the open, though, and finally able to get stuff off our chests.

I actually admire Soulplaya's love of Kane. He contributes to the discussion and knows his stuff. I do have more of an appreciation for Mr G Jacobs than I ever thought possible.

It's always nice to have discussion about the indies or how hyped you are for the next TNA ppv but wrestling is ridiculous really, there's no need to be so serious about it. No-one wants Midnight Wrasslegaf levels of giffery and the fan art can go a bit far but the thread would be a boring place if it weren't for some of the characters and humour contained therein.

There are plenty of boring, over-serious places to discuss wrestling on the internet.

And someone seriously complained about the fighting game tournament? It was a great idea and was designed to promote interactivity in the thread. I understand too many GIFs etc to a point but complaining about something that someone arranged to get people involved is crazy
Exactly. There are plenty of places to STRICTLY discuss wrestling on the net. WrassleGAF is a plethora of personalities and perspectives, with wrestling as the overall guiding principle.

I only post in this thread during RAWs and PPVs. Other than the fact that I'm busier now than I was when I started being a WrestleGAF regular, the community itself annoys the hell out of me and I guess G-Fex's ban didn't help things.

Now, I'm not condoning everything G-Fex has done here. Some of the things he's said here are in fact cringe worthy in my opinion, but he was a contributing member who did watch the product. Sure, he may not have catered to your darling indie-feds that are 1000% better than the WWE but it wasn't as if he was watching an entirely different product. If things did get that rough (I'm really not willing to backread WRESTLEGAF), why didn't you guys just talk through DMs about it rather than get mod intervention?

But, that's really my two cents. This isn't an "in-character post", I'm not "cutting a promo" but I feel we're better than that.

Sokantish

I only post in this thread during RAWs and PPVs. Other than the fact that I'm busier now than I was when I started being a WrestleGAF regular, the community itself annoys the hell out of me and I guess G-Fex's ban didn't help things.

Now, I'm not condoning everything G-Fex has done here. Some of the things he's said here are in fact cringe worthy in my opinion, but he was a contributing member who did watch the product. Sure, he may not have catered to your darling indie-feds that are 1000% better than the WWE but it wasn't as if he was watching an entirely different product. If things did get that rough (I'm really not willing to backread WRESTLEGAF), why didn't you guys just talk through DMs about it rather than get mod intervention?

But, that's really my two cents. This isn't an "in-character post", I'm not "cutting a promo" but I feel we're better than that.

Actually since you aren't around much anymore, he changed his character to hating WWE and only liking indie/TNA(same thing, right?)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Looks like Fully Loaded in 1998

I love how the main event is UT/SCSA vs. Kane/Mankind for the friggin TAG TITLES.

Also I think this was the infamous event where Sable had the pasties on in the bikini contest.

:lol @ this, from the Wiki article:

Wonder when that was written or where they copied it from? lol

Fully Loaded 1998 was the GAF shit ppv of the month that was streamed last Sunday!

I liked the thread better when everything was less....gimmicky, but I don't come here much at all anymore because WWE is terrible right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright alright folks let's stop treating this like a eulogy for G-Fex and justification of horrible Kane fanart.

Let's just keep our shit in order. Fex will be back, everything will be fine, and all we need to do is keep our shit together. We're all grown ass men or women and we are capable of not acting a fool.

Let's all remember:

1: Got a problem? PM it before you let it eat you alive.
2: The end, we're grown folks. I think.

Now with that out of the way, let's continue on.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Let's be fair here...

but I didn't think it was too bad! Some people take wrestling seriously though, NO FUN ALLOWED!
Those weren't the same pics. If you pay attention, you'll notice that in each post, they were either out of order or at least one or two of the pics were different. That was my whole idea behind them, to see if anyone noticed.

No one noticed.

Kaladin

I did what I did for the good of the thread, not because people don't watch enough wrestling or whatever. When you have certain personalities who try to get themselves over at the expense of others or at the expense of thread, that can be a problem. G-Fex will be back and hopefully everything will be cool then. Also let's try not to get too obsessive over any one thing when we're posting images or doing whatever because we're bored between shows. That kind of thing can scare people away from the thread which isn't good for a community. It's ok to have fun with what we're watching....sometimes that is the only way we can enjoy it, but there is a line there and we should know when it is too much.

That's all I will say on that.

XenoRaven

Those weren't the same pics. If you pay attention, you'll notice that in each post, they were either out of order or at least one or two of the pics were different. That was my whole idea behind them, to see if anyone noticed.

No one noticed.
I've conditioned myself to skip any post that has a picture of Kane in it.

Sokantish

I did what I did for the good of the thread, not because people don't watch enough wrestling or whatever. When you have certain personalities who try to get themselves over at the expense of others or at the expense of thread, that can be a problem. G-Fex will be back and hopefully everything will be cool then. Also let's try not to get too obsessive over any one thing when we're posting images or doing whatever because we're bored between shows. That kind of thing can scare people away from the thread which isn't good for a community. It's ok to have fun with what we're watching....sometimes that is the only way we can enjoy it, but there is a line there and we should know when it is too much.

djsandman I'm not actually mad at you okay? Maybe you've given a chance for G-Fex to look in himself, and change himself for the better! I didn't really get bothered by all the pictures but I can understand if some people were. I will say I think WWE does a better job of scaring people away from this thread than anyone in here can.

I'm moving on and am looking forward to celebrating Dean Ambrose week tomorrow!

Here's an excellent main event match from Yuji Nagata's 20th Anniversary show, check it out;

I need to remember to watch this later when football isn't on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm moving on and am looking forward to celebrating Dean Ambrose week tomorrow!

Remember The Promise.

Don't declare it Dean Ambrose week - because if he doesn't show, there will be no Dean Ambrose weeks FOREVER.

So who will be the first to take up on the fact that Wade Barrett is open for business? perfect chance for Del Rio to use his vast funds for a heel action against Sheamus and this could lead nicely into a Sheamus/Barrett feud.
I say they go with this, make this ADR stuff more interesting.

tm24

A lot of La Sociedad feuding with pretty much everyone, but late 2010 Guerra de Titanes and Rey de Reyes.
Ah, La Sociedad. Theres some great stuff from El Zorro during that time. I really wish they would do more with the prophet part of his character

SoulPlaya

more money than God

G-Fex contributed greatly to these threads. Like I said, his NWA work was fantastic. His constant "gimmick changes" were a bit too much, but he's a good guy.

I, however, have been a part of WrassleGAF for years, and this is not a gimmick. I'm not trying to get over, and I don't view this thread like that. I try to get involved in discussions where I can, but my love for Kane is legitimate. I'll admit that I don't watch as much wrestling as I used to, but neither do most of the other people in this thread. People will post what they want to. A Kane or Divas discussion is not taking the place of some indy discussion (and I'm current watching the match Bootaaay just linked to) that could have been. It's not like people are trying to discuss indy stuff, and I just go, "fuck that, here's Big Red Sexy!"

Last night, few people were posting, nothing was really going on, so I decided to have some fun with another poster.

So who will be the first to take up on the fact that Wade Barrett is open for business? perfect chance for Del Rio to use his vast funds for a heel action against Sheamus and this could lead nicely into a Sheamus/Barrett feud.

dolph ziggler of course

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sure, that'd make a lot of sense - so it won't happen. Who knows. Ugh. Santino will hire him to get Aksana.

Ah, La Sociedad. Theres some great stuff from El Zorro during that time. I really wish they would do more with the prophet part of his character

I really liked El Zorro a lot. There's still a lot more for me to watch. The CMLL stuff I watched was pretty much all of their events in May 2010.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I like it. Having Sheamus vs. Barrett would play pretty good in the Euro market too.

dolph ziggler of course
This makes for a good runner up choice, that's one way to get a cash in.

Sure, that'd make a lot of sense - so it won't happen. Who knows. Ugh. Santino will hire him to get Aksana.
Why would you say such a depressing thing?!

Sounds like a challenge to me.

How about some Sin Cara action then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0X9C4pWAao
We all know that the best theme mash up is Steve Blackman and Umaga.

I like it. Having Sheamus vs. Barrett would play pretty good in the Euro market too.
Just imagine the commentary, so many mean street mentions.

Kaladin

G-Fex contributed greatly to these threads. Like I said, his NWA work was fantastic. His constant "gimmick changes" were a bit too much, but he's a good guy.

I, however, have been a part of WrassleGAF for years, and this is not a gimmick. I'm not trying to get over, and I don't view this thread like that. I try to get involved in discussions where I can, but my love for Kane is legitimate. I'll admit that I don't watch as much wrestling as I used to, but neither do most of the other people in this thread. People will post what they want to. A Kane or Divas discussion is not taking the place of some indy discussion (and I'm current watching the match Bootaaay just linked to) that could have been. It's not like people are trying to discuss indy stuff, and I just go, "fuck that, here's Big Red Sexy!"

Last night, few people were posting, nothing was really going on, so I decided to have some fun with another poster.

When G-Fex quit doing the NWA was when he started to become a problem.....at least that's my opinion. He became clearly bored with it and just started having fun with the thread trying to bring it down. Also, I will admit you have been better about the Kane stuff somewhat since you came back, but when I wake up and see a full page of Kane fan art, that's a bit much, regardless of whether it was just you, or you and another poster. There is discussion and then there is spamming fan art. I'm not questioning your love for Kane, and that is cool and all, but there is a point where it's too much.....there are some creepy Kane fans out there and I have seen some examples from this thread that I could have gone without seeing.

So who will be the first to take up on the fact that Wade Barrett is open for business?

Yeah, that line sounded awkward to me too. But I'm going to give him a pass, since it's his big return and the match itself was serviceable.

perfect chance for Del Rio to use his vast funds for a heel action against Sheamus and this could lead nicely into a Sheamus/Barrett feud.

That would be interesting, if only because we'd have a brawler who eschews technical wrestling fighting a brawler who's forced to adopt a wider variety of moves. It would be a Sheamus feud, but still.

WWE clearly thinks that ADR vs Sheamus is riveting sports entertainment, though, so we can expect more of that for the next month or two.

Top Bottom