• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, Psicosis was my favorite luchador back in WCW. That guillotine legdrop was such a cool finisher. Then he ended up in WWE and...yeah.

XenoRaven

In an effort to foster favorable relations, I made a drawing that combines the two creepiest fanbases on the Internet. Kane as he would appear in the Sonic universe. I had time to draw it since I'm at drill and sitting through a boring class about feelings. I'll link it when I get home...maybe.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No, that's how you think I'm taking it. I didn't say anything about people bullying me and slapping me around. I said people made fun of me for posting all that stuff, and then the conversation would get derailed completely because of it. No one bullied me. I'm a grown (little) adult. I'm not going to be bullied on the internet. That's silly. You're the one who is taking this all so seriously like you've been personally attacked and have to defend yourself. Every other post has been from you in the past two pages. You said that more posts were about people complaining about it not being about wrestling (which my posts were that in an attempt to get things back to wrestling) than about actual wrestling. Well, I tried multiple times last month to get things onto wrestling and without fail, it would be back to how much people love or hate AJ and Kane. Without fail. Or being general creepers about Divas. If we have a dedicated thread to a particular topic and many people go out of their way to stay off topic, what's the point of even having the thread? It's either get rid of the thread or get rid of the people shitting up the thread constantly.
Firstly, I was joking about the bullying thing. Obviously, no one was "slapping you around". Secondly, I was specifically called out by a prominent poster here, and to a mod, so I had to defend myself.

BTW, none of that stuff was off topic. Divas, AJ, Kane. It's all wrestling related. All of it. It's on topic. You posted stuff about Owen, and plenty of people discussed it, and for a great deal of time. I apologize that people ignored your Bobby Eaton posts. What do you want people to do? Stop talking about what they want to, and just follow your discussions? What do you want the mods to do? Ban people who discuss divas and such?

In an effort to foster favorable relations, I made a drawing that combines the two creepiest fanbases on the Internet. Kane as he would appear in the Sonic universe. I had time to draw it since I'm at drill and sitting through a boring class about feelings. I'll link it when I get home...maybe.
Oh, I can't wait.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone eat any snacks while watching wrestling? I usually don't but I have this bag of beef jerkey in front of me that I think would fit.

Not sure if it will last until tomorrow though.

Probably not.

XenoRaven

I'm not very well-versed in luchadors, but I will say that Rey Mysterio's time in WCW was what got me back into wrestling after about 6 years of me thinking it was lame and for little kids. Seeing such a little guy in the ring was strange to me, but then he starting flying around and doing things I didn't even think were humanly possible. I'll always have fond memories of Rey because of that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
See, there we go. Lets be positive y'all.

Wait a sec, isn't TNA having a ppv tonight?
No Surrender is tonight.

Yeah, RAW!!!

RAW_Banner_by_Oniwanbashu.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Man, Psicosis was my favorite luchador back in WCW. That guillotine legdrop was such a cool finisher. Then he ended up in WWE and...yeah.

I always enjoyed his wacky standing bronco buster thing in the corner that he never hit and always landed on his head from. I think by the time he made it to WWE, his body was broken down from his work style and there weren't other guys to work that style with him besides Rey. I don't know why any guy would do something like top rope leg drops. Jumping 10 feet to land right on your tailbone sounds like a bad idea. Also, he lost something with the mask. Actually, I think all of the luchadores took a turn for the worse after they lost their masks in WCW. Rey especially. God, I fucking hated Rey after he lost the mask. He was so annoying as little mini-Konnan, and it just got worse the longer the Filthy Animals were around. It was so dumb for him to lose it in the first place, but to Kevin Nash and Scott Hall of all people? Not even to another cruiser?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So these "RAW Strike" posts are pretty negative too, even though Raw isn't even that bad (3 hours sucks I know).

My one post. :( I also forgot Raw was alright last time. Just shopping some alternatives!

I swear, those Bray Wyatt promos get better and better each time I see them. I almost want him to NOT debut so we can get more.

I can't wait for him to heal up.

I know! And then the lawnmowers and :( :( :( Thanks Vince.

See, there we go. Lets be positive y'all.

Wait a sec, isn't TNA having a ppv tonight?

It should be good.

Aiii

So not worth it
Who is AA facing tonight, is he on the card?

-fake edit: wait, it's that Aces guy that "broke" his arm right?

So I've been wondering lately about the importance of pinning techniques and near falls. Occasionally they'll still say "he didn't hook the leg there!" but there's rarely ever a circumstance where the difference between a near fall and 3-count has been if the leg(s) was hooked or not. If it's not a finisher or a surprise distracted roll-up the effort of a pin doesn't matter and if it is a finisher then you might as well Jericho foot them.

My issue isn't necessarily with finishers but the seemingly hold-over of mentioning how someone is physically being pinned despite it having no actual relevance and might as well be white noise since there's zero repercussions between a good or poor pinning attempt. The only time it actually matters is if they're going for a foot on the rope spot.

If it's still being brought up in the modern era shouldn't it be used to further the story in-ring, like that guy is really great at pinning he wins matches he shouldn't because he's that much better at it than others? Actually use it to propel or add any kind of intrigue as opposed to an excuse for people to go "TWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO" and waste a few predictable moments?

Also, in memory of G-Fex and this post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiA65OUNpIM&feature=player_detailpage#t=522s

Ithil

I swear, those Bray Wyatt promos get better and better each time I see them. I almost want him to NOT debut so we can get more.

I'd hope they'd take him straight up to the main roster when he'd healed up, maybe start vignettes near the end of the year and debut him at the Rumble (maybe not IN the Rumble though, to save the debuting guy an inevitable elimination).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For my money, Juvi and Psicosis worked so damn well together. A shame they couldn't deal with it IRL.

tm24

Even though Psicosis will ALWAYS AND FOREVER be my favorite luchador, I highly recommend everyone check out Silver King. Not necessarily what he did in WCW, but he's really amazing in AAA.

jNrz1.jpg
Oh man, AAA is gonna be heavy on silver king for the next few months. You're gonna love it

somedevil

I'd hope they'd take him straight up to the main roster when he'd healed up, maybe start vignettes near the end of the year and debut him at the Rumble (maybe not IN the Rumble though, to save the debuting guy an inevitable elimination).

When he comes back to NXT this month he is bringing his family like in the promos. One of his family members is Luke Harper aka Brodie Lee.

Aiii

So not worth it
dont forget al snow vs joey ryan. i hope there is a we want head chant

They are doing an amazing job with bringing Ryan in. After he beats Snow he's an instant upper midcard heel. Impressive work, they didn't rush it either.

Shame it wasn't Tazz he's facing. But I'll take it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wow never heard of this. What happened?
It all stems from their WCW days. Juvi is a huge diva (reportedly) who thought he was above the CW division in WCW. Apparently, he didn't get along well at all with any of those guys, including Psicosis. When they were the Mexicools, dirt sheets constantly focused on how Juvi and Psicosis did not like each other. There were even reports that Juvi had heat even when he went back to Mexico.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Octagon and Sasuke should have a match and then Ultimo Dragon has a gun and he has to shoot one of them but HE DOESNT KNOW WHICH IS WHICH

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It all stems from their WCW days. Juvi is a huge diva (reportedly) who thought he was above the CW division in WCW. Apparently, he didn't get along well at all with any of those guys, including Psicosis. When they were the Mexicools, dirt sheets constantly focused on how Juvi and Psicosis did not like each other. There were even reports that Juvi had heat even when he went back to Mexico.

Honestly? I think Juvi was above the cruiserweight division.

tm24

Just youtube mascarita dorada and youll find tons of great matches. Theres a crazy amount of great big minis like pequeno halloween, demus 3:16, pierrihitto that make the small guys look so great and dorada is the best of the bunch.

Also, konnan hates everyone and the feeling is mutual

Ithil

When he comes back to NXT this month he is bringing his family like in the promos. One of his family members is Luke Harper aka Brodie Lee.

Oh, I see. So he's in a manager capacity while he rehabs his injury?

Brodie Lee I haven't seen to much of, but what I have seen is good so I'm fine with Wyatt managing him for a while.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do wonder if Dorada would work even better than Mysterio in WWE. He's literally kid sized instead of just a bit bigger than the kids, and he's one of the most acrobatic wrestlers in the world.

Top Bottom