• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dorada87lba.gif

somedevil

Samoa Joe has been doing better since the tournament began but his cardio has dropped because of the weight gain. I think he was tired out when he wrestled AJ styles on impact.

He needs to get his weight back to what it was in 2005-2006 but can he actually do it or want to is the question.

considers that TNA has been doing nothing with joe im not suprised he is lazy. its oinly with the BFG series that he seems to be trying some what

Miz is in much better shape since his return, I think.

He has a much better look to him now. The problem is that they didn't bother to get him to change his personality a bit when they brought him back. Now he actually looks like he could be a threat, but he's still the same ol' Mike "Ice Cold" Mizanin.

Ithil

He has a much better look to him now. The problem is that they didn't bother to get him to change his personality a bit when they brought him back. Now he actually looks like he could be a threat, but he's still the same ol' Mike "Ice Cold" Mizanin.

He's in the top 5 of people who need a complete gimmick overhaul. Right from scratch.

Miz tries his hardest, too. It's just that I can't get behind him at all. I'm not sure if it's his voice or just the way he looks in general.

Miz tries his hardest, too. It's just that I can't get behind him at all. I'm not sure if it's his voice or just the way he looks in general.
His character is too serious. It's a problem with most of the heels now. They need something redeeming to keep people interested. They don't have to be as brilliant as Kurt Angle or heel Austin in their prime, but they need some of that influence in their characters.

Punk's heel work gets over because it's over the top and ridiculous. He's relentless in his single focus. Del Rio and Miz don't actually DO anything. They just come out and scowl.

1. Which would be the face, and
2. Who's gonna oogle at the ladies and make 14-year-old jokes?

Also, happy Dead Ambrose week everyone!

1. Miz would be the face actually Mike Mizanin would be the face
2. I like what Miz was doing on monday calling out the divas on their shitty wrestling and division. Also saying that Eve was overall the best looking one compared to Layla

Aiii

So not worth it
That was a dick move by Miz, I liked him overall, but nobody can blame the women for having bad matches when there's one divas match a week that lasts 2 minutes tops. How are they going to get good if they don't get any practice... Ever?

Kyoufu

That was a dick move by Miz, I liked him overall, but nobody can blame the women for having bad matches when there's one divas match a week that lasts 2 minutes tops. How are they going to get good if they don't get any practice... Ever?

Well it's not like they don't have FCW, training off camera etc to practice.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well it's not like they don't have FCW, training off camera etc to practice.

They have had great FCW matches, almost all of them. Then they get called up and they don't get to wrestle anymore. They probably get told 5 minutes in advance that they get a match and have to think of spots then and there and are told to end with a surprise roll up.

But yeah, lets blame these capable women for giving us shitty matches.

WWE should be ashamed of themselves.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This I do not understand. Why pair Heyman up with Punk? Punk doesn't need any help on the mic, nor does he need help getting over. Heyman is a waste with Punk.

Because he's a Paul Heyman guy.

You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar.

Aiii

So not worth it
This I do not understand. Why pair Heyman up with Punk? Punk doesn't need any help on the mic, nor does he need help getting over. Heyman is a waste with Punk.

No, it's a great pairing that will draw additional heat on Punk.

Flair didn't need Heenan either, but it was a golden pairing.

Snaku

Banned
No, it's a great pairing that will draw additional heat on Punk.

Flair didn't need Heenan either, but it was a golden pairing.

I have no doubt it'll be amazing. I just think it would be a better use of his time and talent if he helped someone else get over.

Ithil

I have no doubt it'll be amazing. I just think it would be a better use of his time and talent if he helped someone else get over.

Put a heel stable together. Not like a bunch of stooges, one put together like Evolution with no fodder, but everyone in a specific role.

somedevil

Fingers crossed for Joe vs Aries, although we'll probably get Bully Ray vs Aries.

Its going to be Storm they been building him up for this. I will be surprised if its not him because it would be the 2nd time they built him up just to fail.

I like it because they both don't get respect from the WWE. Also, heyman plays a big part in the new Punk dvd. Also, he is a heyman guy because he found him and was the only behind him when all the other higher up in the WWE hated him.

edit: Also, hope the rumor if flair ever returns they discussed putting him with Ziggler.

So, who's your favorite luchador? Any promotion, just gotta be a LUCHA!

Psicosis was always my favourite, be it in WCW or in Japan. Really underrated talent, he always seemed more versatile than most.

Incidentally, I'm watching some oldschool NJPW stuff from the late 70's and was surprised by how much I enjoyed watching a dude named El Solitario in matches against the likes of Tatsumi Fujinami & Tiger Mask. Some good high-flying with great technical wrestling and all sorts of lucha escapes and counters. Gonna have to try and find some of his Mexican work. Also, just look at the man's swagger;

iqVgOTzuVXZY3.jpg

Dthomp

I keep reading about the awesomeness of NXT, is this up on Youtube or do I need to search to find this. I'd dig more ATM but I'm trying to multitask watching the football game while playing Madden 13 and catching up on this thread.

Paul Heyman should have a Drew Rosenhaus gimmick where he's just an annoying ass agent for a bunch of heel wrestlers. Basically make him a new Bobby Heenan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well it doesn't have to help one or another. It can be just two KICKASS dudes on the mic. It doesn't have to be this wonderful event balance - they can tip the scales!

Kyoufu

They have had great FCW matches, almost all of them. Then they get called up and they don't get to wrestle anymore. They probably get told 5 minutes in advance that they get a match and have to think of spots then and there and are told to end with a surprise roll up.

But yeah, lets blame these capable women for giving us shitty matches.

WWE should be ashamed of themselves.

It's not even the matches I have a problem with, it's the lack of compelling storyline telling. There aren't many Divas that can cut a good promo let alone have a good match.

Then there's the whole WWE writers being awful. It'll never work.

XenoRaven

His character is too serious. It's a problem with most of the heels now. They need something redeeming to keep people interested. They don't have to be as brilliant as Kurt Angle or heel Austin in their prime, but they need some of that influence in their characters.

Punk's heel work gets over because it's over the top and ridiculous. He's relentless in his single focus. Del Rio and Miz don't actually DO anything. They just come out and scowl.
I've been saying recently that I think Jericho is the most influential heel of the current era. The way he moved, his facial expressions, his mannerisms, his voice, and his vocabulary are all emulated in one way or another by virtually every heel in WWE right now. The problem is that I don't think any of them have the charisma, talent, and certainly not the experience that Jericho has. Jericho may have not been the innovator of that type of heel though, and if he isn't, someone can correct me. I have heard that he drew inspiration from a character in No Country for Old Men.

DKehoe

Paul Heyman should have a Drew Rosenhaus gimmick where he's just an annoying ass agent for a bunch of heel wrestlers. Basically make him a new Bobby Heenan.

I really wanted WWE to bring in Larry Sweeney for a role like this. Have him manage a roster of spoiled athletes and he makes ridiculous demands on their behalf. Would have been fantastic.

if you want some good womens wrestling the first SHINE card was pretty good. also any match with sara del rey is good as well. hr vs aja kong from joshimania night one is great.

tm24

Psicosis was always my favourite, be it in WCW or in Japan. Really underrated talent, he always seemed more versatile than most.

Incidentally, I'm watching some oldschool NJPW stuff from the late 70's and was surprised by how much I enjoyed watching a dude named El Solitario in matches against the likes of Tatsumi Fujinami & Tiger Mask. Some good high-flying with great technical wrestling and all sorts of lucha escapes and counters. Gonna have to try and find some of his Mexican work. Also, just look at the man's swagger;
Look for his mask vs mask against dr wagner.

Fun fact : he was gonna be billed as el hijo del santo before the actual one started secretly training and his dad gave in

somedevil

Man Jason Agnew is in fine form for the preview on TNA pay per view here is some of the greatness:

Jason Agnew
Magnus should destroy RVD so badly that he leaves the company and goes home and smokes pot and does nothing more in wrestling... ever.

Jason Agnew
Is this actually for the title? I don’t know if Brooke (Hogan) actually declared that this week, she just said another match... or was her alluding to the "teacher getting the diploma" (which made no sense at all) meaning that it's a title match? Cause if it's a title match Tessmacher wins, if non-title then Tara wins again. Tessmacher should be a heel by the way, I don’t care how attractive she is, she is not a very likable person oh, and a complete moron -- as seen here: http://youtu.be/3Jy66kwfq4w ... and all her friends are idiots as well.

Jason Agnew
When did this feud develop? Have we seen Sonjay on TV since the last PPV? Did I miss it? No seriously, I tend to fall asleep during Impact, and sometimes miss stuff... I think my PVR needs a sleep sensor on it, as in if I fall asleep it immediately pauses itself until I wake up.

Top Bottom