• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

G-Fex trashes every community he's ever been in attempting to burn bridges and then comes crawling back through the supplicant door and because we are good people we let it slide.
It's just how things work with Big Fexy.
Dude is the drunken wrestler who mucks everything up but somehow is still a bit over. At what point does accountability come into play?
I'm big Fexy alright, I'm big Gaddy cool.
Don't flatter yourself, Geth Fardy.

You're nothing without me Wrasslegaf. You give a hoot owl. FOR ME.

I'm big Fexy alright, I'm big Gaddy cool.
See I knew you'd appreciate your new nickname, I do give a Hoot, that I cannot deny.

Dude is the drunken wrestler who mucks everything up but somehow is still a bit over. At what point does accountability come into play?
The Scott Hall of Wrasslegaf? maybe he makes us both laugh and cry deep down, I guess you'd have to be the sort of person who enjoys witnessing the self destruction of "broken down drug addicted con men" to truly loathe the man.

G-Fex

Don't flatter yourself, Geth Fardy.

I'm a better man than you Frank, you've done nothing but shit on me in other communities and spoke ill of my name. It's attitudes like this is why I'm not even that interested in sports anymore cause the communities here just let me down.

I bet you don't even have the balls to come out and confront me.

You don't got the balls to even speak your real first name, and to admit when you're wrong and thought I was some racist white guy when I'm not even white and for all I know you're not even Black!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I love stumbling upon stuff I had totally forgotten I owned - just found a DVR with no label and it's a fan-cam of an AJPW show from 1983 that wasn't taped for TV. Mighty Inoue vs Kerry Von Erich, 'Outlaw' Ron Bass vs Terry Funk and Giant Baba vs Stan Hansen in the main event, plus rookie Misawa & Kawada getting their asses kicked on the undercard :)

Oh wow, on the end there's a main event from later in the same year; Giant Baba, Jumbo Tsuruta & Mighty Inoue vs Roddy Piper, Dick Slater & Chavo Guerrero!

That's awesome to stumble across. Footage like that is just the best - just these amazing moments that were lost in time.

We need to embark on a mission to gif old episodes of Nitro/Raw/PPVs. Something like the week in review with gifs.

It be cool and provide an interesting way to do summaries.

My youtube channel for the WCW Archive is, fittingly, at:
http://youtube.com/wcwarchive

Though I have been branching out, and the WWE has been systematically killing some of my more popular videos like a Four Horsemen ceremony.

G-Fex trashes every community he's ever been in attempting to burn bridges and then comes crawling back through the supplicant door and because we are good people we let it slide.
It's just how things work with Big Fexy.

This is home for Fex. You will never find a better place.

I'm a better man than you Frank, you've done nothing but shit on me in other communities and spoke ill of my name. It's attitudes like this is why I'm not even that interested in sports anymore cause the communities here just let me down.

I bet you don't even have the balls to come out and confront me.

You don't got the balls to even speak your real first name, and to admit when you're wrong and thought I was some racist white guy when I'm not even white and for all I know you're not even Black!
Look, if you can't take the good-natured hazing we give new guys in those threads, you were dead the minute you tried posting there. I knew you didn't have what it took, and here you are: quitting and whining about it. I even went easy on you, but NOOOOOOOOOOO you had to act entitled.

You know what? Goto the baseball and NBA threads. People hated you backstage. They said you were forcing yourself to be a fan, and they were tired of your act. They didn't like how you wouldn't put in the time to learn the game. PROTIP: Learn a bit about the game before asking so many questions/flitting around to other Sports-GAF and pulling the same routine.

You were just chum in the waters, pal. And guys in those threads are Great Whites.

No he's literally rubbing the comic against plastic or a balloon to try to emit static

that kind of shock.

Time for me to make my own comic

From...MSPAINT!
Sounds electrifying like your most favouritist wrassler ever The Rock.
*inset Cena spiting gif here*

It's a tall order for you to top the Brogue kick prevention comic.

Certain members think they're bigger then WrassleGAF. What is this? WCW?
Junior member status to be renamed Vanilla Midget.

G-Fex

Look, if you can't take the good-natured hazing we give new guys in those threads, you were dead the minute you tried posting there. I knew you didn't have what it took, and here you are: quitting and whining about it. I even went easy on you, but NOOOOOOOOOOO you had to act entitled.

You know what? Goto the baseball and NBA threads. People hated you backstage. They said you were forcing yourself to be a fan, and they were tired of your act. They didn't like how you wouldn't put in the time to learn the game. PROTIP: Learn a bit about the game before asking so many questions/flitting around to other Sports-GAF and pulling the same routine.

You were just chum in the waters, pal. And guys in those threads are Great Whites.

Pipe-Bomb-cm-punk-29763174-500-225.gif

What people said this? Tell me.

Yes it's true I didn't take any time to learn anything, I hadn't the effort to look up any resources. I'm lazy. But I did have a legitimate interest I didn't just do it to 'Troll' your precious sports communities.

You're a jackass, and to think this entire time you were supposed to be my friend and all you were doing was looking out for yourself. You're probably not even black.

The nation? The nation of what? Hypocrisy and lies?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yes it's true I didn't take any time to learn anything, I hadn't the effort to look up any resources. I'm lazy. But I did have a legitimate interest I didn't just do it to 'Troll' your precious sports communities.

You're a jackass, and to think this entire time you were supposed to be my friend and all you were doing was looking out for yourself. You're probably not even black.

The nation? The nation of what? Hypocrisy and lies?

Okay now that we've come to Batista let's just let it allllll go. Unless this is in good humor but to be honest with you guys I CANNOT TELL.

Yeesh. Here's a picture.

Kh9AO.jpg

Would.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Better watch out for those wrasslegaf snitches man, they might have you for this.

Wrasslegaf doesn't have snitches. We're a community of people who care about each other, through the bad and the good.

strobogo

Banned
Jesus Christ. Not only was Owen Hart Thursday ruined, but now Vader/Eaton/Thesz/Bockwinkle/Destroyer Friday is on its way to being ruined. You guys know this is just a message board, you're not in competition, and you aren't wrestlers? Gimmick posting is the worst. But taking message boards so seriously is pretty close.

Why can't we just talk about awesome wrestling and wrestlers instead of arguing about who is more over or hated in various communities? Or why people take the idea of of "community" so seriously. There should be a community thread devoted just to people arguing in community threads.

G-Fex

Sounds electrifying like your most favouritist wrassler ever The Rock.
*inset Cena spiting gif here*

It's a tall order for you to top the Brogue kick prevention comic.

I don't think I'll ever top that owl.

and no Sunflower we're not fucking playing around.

I don't need this shit or any fucking communities, I can enjoy playing madden and maybe watching a ballgame whenever I get any fucking free time to all by myself without having to post about it on a goddamn message board.

And yes I'll fucking snitch on you Frankman cause frankly you're right up there with Dream.

You're a enemy.

Aiii

So not worth it
I care as much for WrassleGAF as I do for AJ. So you all know I appreciate the HELL out of you!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ. Not only was Owen Hart Thursday ruined, but now Vader/Eaton/Thesz/Bockwinkle/Destroyer Friday is on its way to being ruined. You guys know this is just a message board, you're not in competition, and you aren't wrestlers? Gimmick posting is the worst. But taking message boards so seriously is pretty close.

Why can't we just talk about awesome wrestling and wrestlers instead of arguing about who is more over or hated in various communities? Or why people take the idea of of "community" so seriously. There should be a community thread devoted just to people arguing in community threads.

It's mostly been good-natu--

and no Sunflower we're not fucking playing around.

I don't need this shit or any fucking communities, I can enjoy playing madden and maybe watching a ballgame whenever I get any fucking free time to all by myself without having to post about it on a goddamn message board.

And yes I'll fucking snitch on you Frankman cause frankly you're right up there with Dream.

You're a enemy.

Son of a dick. Alright enough, enough outta allaya! No more!

ANSWER THIS:

Norman Smiley: wonderful gimmick in late WCW, or doomed to undercard status forever for a good reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npfDo8toHpc

Entropia

No One Remembers

I know, right? :\

3rd time I've seen a Nexus shirt in the wild. Which is more than I can say for any other shirt of the last 10 years. WWE really screwed up the potential of that idea.

I see the white Punk shirt pretty often.

I also see various Cena shirts on kids, but mainly the purple shirt or Rise Above Hate

Yes it's true I didn't take any time to learn anything, I hadn't the effort to look up any resources. I'm lazy.
I'm sorry, stopped reading after this.

That's the problem. People are making huge mega-posts detailing Wild Card/Playoffs/info/team cut lists and you can't be bothered to put in anywhere close to the effort you do in this thread for the others? Not even learn the names of the players???

Sure, you can say crap about me. I don't mind, I'm a easy target. I'm a vet, I speak my mind and rep the truth. I abstain from trolling unless trolled 1st. I occasionally hug fat chicks and kiss babies nowadays and I'll be the first to admit my Wrasslin-GF posts don't have the same punch/full of info like they were back in 2007/2008. But don't say I don't try and learn. I actually re-read whole season threads before a season starts to learn people's posting habits. I routinely re-read past month Wrasslin-GAF threads to find nuggets of info/foreshadowing issues/old great links from guys like Bootayy.

When was the last time you looked at an old baseball thread? NBA thread? NFL thread?

You think I was being hard on you? Those other guys in NFL/NBA-GAF would've had you for lunch.

So I'm sorry. I'm sorry I tried to show you how those threads will be once the season starts. I'm sorry I asked you to learn a bit about the posters who will try and troll you. And I'm sorry I wasted my time making this post trying to educate you.

tumblr_lpa3xdOrdb1qkiqdko1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For the record I loved Norman Smiley when he was Black Magic, back in the day - his gimmick in WCW took a little time to manifest, and Pepe to the mulcher was probably the finest moment.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Frank and G-Fex, I love ya both brothers, but can you take this shit to PMs or NFL-GAF or wherever it is it's supposed to be.

We're all here for our love of sports entertainment and high drama!!!!!!!!

Frank and G-Fex, I love ya both brothers, but can you take this shit to PMs or NFL-GAF or wherever it is it's supposed to be.

We're all here for our love of sports entertainment and high drama!!!!!!!!
I dunno, I'm playing around (though it's pretty much the truth) and he's posting like he's shooting on me. And this is sports entertainment and high drama!

Sokantish

Yeah man, let's celebrate Dean Ambrose week the right way! Someone post some videos of him

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously, today started off great in here, but then people had to start that fucking gimmick posting shit again.

Seriously, guys. NOBODY FUCKING CARES about your little squabbles or disputes. And like strobogo said, you're not fucking wrestlers. Goddamn.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah man, let's celebrate Dean Ambrose week the right way! Someone post some videos of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlPuZ_hu7lI

Best match of FCW ever! Regal vs. Dean Ambrose!!

I
ANSWER THIS:

Norman Smiley: wonderful gimmick in late WCW, or doomed to undercard status forever for a good reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npfDo8toHpc

Good gimmick, but it was one of those "forever mid-card" type gimmicks.

I can't say I was into WCW too much but I knew who he was and what his gimmick was. But there's no way he could've hung out with Nash, Steiner, etc.

Seriously, today started off great in here, but then people had to start that fucking gimmick posting shit again.

Seriously, guys. NOBODY FUCKING CARES about your little squabbles or disputes. And like strobogo said, you're not fucking wrestlers. Goddamn.
Kane/AJ pic post in 5... 4... 3...

A true highlight of late WCW, and while he had no chance beyond the undercard, I was always glad to see Smiley. He's really a very tough, technical and underrated wrestler, and anyone trained by Malenko and who can hang in shootstyle promotions like the UWFi is cool with me.

Norman Smiley was fucking awesome and should have been in the Bound for Glory series NXT Title tournament.

Interesting note: about five years ago a good friend and former NeoGAF member Sonki owned the domain name normansmiley.com Though I see that he let it expire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A true highlight of late WCW, and while he had no chance beyond the undercard, I was always glad to see Smiley. He's really a very tough, technical and underrated wrestler, and anyone trained by Malenko and who can hang in shootstyle promotions like the UWFi is cool with me.

Damn that video is good as hell. That's fantastic. I know Smiley trains a lot of people - I'd love to be under his tutelage if I was still in the wrasslin' game.

Good gimmick, but it was one of those "forever mid-card" type gimmicks.

I can't say I was into WCW too much but I knew who he was and what his gimmick was. But there's no way he could've hung out with Nash, Steiner, etc.

This is true. There wasn't much more upward movement, but his gimmick was fantastic for enhancement for others. He lost nothing by being beaten up, and that was it.

Norman Smiley was fucking awesome and should have been in the Bound for Glory series NXT Title tournament.

Interesting note: about five years ago a good friend and former NeoGAF member Sonki owned the domain name normansmiley.com Though I see that he let it expire.

!!

Top Bottom