• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would take an even wilder guess and say she was playing up the nerd angle.

It's all manufactured. I stand by those thoughts, based on her false tweeting about problems that don't exist.

Anywho, who gives a rat's ass, yknow?

What wrestler has left behind, in your opinion, the best legacy and why?

It's all manufactured. I stand by those thoughts, based on her false tweeting about problems that don't exist.

Anywho, who gives a rat's ass, yknow?

What wrestler has left behind, in your opinion, the best legacy and why?

Stu Hart, because look at this god damn list (should be noted that most names on this list were not really "trained" by Stu, but were trained by his system):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stu_Hart#In_wrestling

Entropia

No One Remembers
So you feel leaving a legacy of trained wrestlers - in your opinion of course - is more valuable than championships?

He's also a home town boy to Persp ;P!

In terms of championships and other extra circulars... I'd give the nod to Hogan. Love him or hate him, his presence in the 80's helped form wrestling.

You guys know this is just a message board, you're not in competition, and you aren't wrestlers? Gimmick posting is the worst. But taking message boards so seriously is pretty close.

Why can't we just talk about awesome wrestling and wrestlers instead of arguing about who is more over or hated in various communities? Or why people take the idea of of "community" so seriously. There should be a community thread devoted just to people arguing in community threads.
I support your post and cause but your just encouraging them. About 2 years ago they started to get friendly with one another and they ruined the thread. This is no longer a wrestling thread

I support your post and cause but your just encouraging them. About 2 years ago they started to get friendly with one another and they ruined the thread. This is no longer a wrestling thread
What is this "wrestling" you speak of?
Use #FilthyFrank for Team Frankman and #TeamFex for Team G-Fex.
smack.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I've grown to enjoy a lot of Flair, I'm afraid his time in TNA has stained some of his legacy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be honest - that should have MADE Jay Lethal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Flair had actually retired for good after that Raw, I'd say he had the greatest legacy of all time.

Now? Not even in the top 20.

I think that's a bit harsh but we're definitely on the same page. Hell, I could have accepted with his retirement after WCW as well. I was never a big fan of Flair in his post-WCW run, but he did do some memorable things even there.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, I think Jim Ross has the best legacy. Loved by all, peers and fans, great at commentating, an institution and by far the best talent scout in the business.

Let's be honest - that should have MADE Jay Lethal.
Where's Lethal going to go? WWE and job to Ryback?

As much as I hate to say it he's better off wrestling overseas.
You know, I think Jim Ross has the best legacy. Loved by all, peers and fans, great at commentating, an institution and by far the best talent scout in the business.
Even when they tried to turn Ross Heel it didn't work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That being said, he still has some unfortunate moments that no doubt Vince had him do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqMcyeoxQ88

Any pretty much any appearance of himself on WWE TV 2010 and on, due to the amount of shit they gave him. But I wouldn't feel that it would detract much. He's fantastic.

Where's Lethal going to go? WWE and job to Ryback?

As much as I hate to say it he's better off wrestling overseas.

Tough question, but I think you're right. I think he is better off out there.

XenoRaven

Laserfrog your stream is the strangest thing I have seen this month.

Does anyone have a YouTube clip of that gif between Flair and Lethal? I feel like I'm missing out without sound.

EDIT: Never mind! I should search before I ask!

Hi guys. I botched my foot, and was in hospital for a week and a half. I now have a decent sized hole (about the size of a key on a keyboard), but fairly deep, on my sole just under my little toe.

I have no idea what is happening in wrestling as I had no Internet since Tuesday 21st.

I am back now though, I am sure I was missed and stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hi guys. I botched my foot, and was in hospital for a week and a half. I now have a decent sized hole (about the size of a key on a keyboard), but fairly deep, on my sole just under my little toe.

I have no idea what is happening in wrestling as I had no Internet since Tuesday 21st.

Lemme tell you what you didn't miss: Dean Ambrose.

I missed ya. You're a good dude. What'd they do, remove ringworm?

Aiii

So not worth it

Ouch, tough luck man. Welcome back.

Wrestling happened. Punk fought Lawler in a cage, there was some blood. We all slept a little during Raw of boredom. Aces and Eights blabla. Claire Lynch is gone. Appletini's were spilled. Dolph Ziggler jobbed.

And you missed the greatest segment of the year so far: http://www.wwe.com/videos/daniel-bryan-receives-anger-management-class-raw-aug-27-2012-26048297

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Wow, what happened?

I'm sorry to hear that and hope you feel better.

CM Punk Beat Jerry Lawler in a Steel Cage Match. I'm not kidding.

Sokantish

Shows how dedicated to wrasslegaf you are. Cena would have came in everyday, no matter what!

Lemme tell you what you didn't miss: Dean Ambrose.

I missed ya. You're a good dude. What'd they do, remove ringworm?

I had a callus (hard skin) on my foot, which turned into an infection, which made my foot swell, and go red/black. The callus had to be removed, and the nearby area was infected, so they had to do some removal of hard skin there too. It left a biggish hole that is still open. Was on antibiotics in hospital (via drip), and on them for two weeks more (via tablets) at home.

I am not supposed to walk much for a few weeks, but finding that impossible

His legacy isn't that great world-wide, and I'm probably a bit biased being a huge mark for the man, but I respect the hell out of Stan Hansen - not only is he a living legend in Japan for epitomising the wild and crazy gaijin wrestler style of puroresu's heyday, but he also had a significant hand in making stars of Kobashi & Misawa, two of the greatest wrestlers of their generation, hell, of all-time. Stan was in a position to do so primarily because of how well he protected himself and his character, and because Baba respected Stan as a straight shooter and an honest businessman. Stan signed on with All Japan for a month-long tour in 1981 and worked for the promotion for 20 years without ever signing another contract, simply because of how much Baba trusted Hansen. But what I respect most about Hansen is that he took his opportunities, carved out a niche for himself in Japan, made his money and got the hell out of wrestling before it destroyed him, like it did to so many of his contemporaries. He mentions in his book how he liked going out to bars with Andre, because Andre would always insist on picking up the tab, while Stan was always saving and scrimping his money, sending it back home. Guess it worked out for him, as he hasn't once needed to return to the ring since he retired over a decade ago.

Hansen > Flair.

*edit, oh, hey Keyser, welcome back - hope your busted foot doesn't keep you on the shelf for too long.

G-Fex

I had a callus (hard skin) on my foot, which turned into an infection, which made my foot swell, and go red/black. The callus had to be removed, and the nearby area was infected, so they had to do some removal of hard skin there too. It left a biggish hole that is still open.

I am not supposed to walk much for a few weeks, but finding that impossible

that sucks. I have a callus or did, it's a black spot in the middle of the bottom of my foot, it hurt before I used a ton of adhesive things for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
His legacy isn't that great world-wide, and I'm probably a bit biased being a huge mark for the man, but I respect the hell out of Stan Hansen - not only is he a living legend in Japan for epitomising the wild and crazy gaijin wrestler style of puroresu's heyday, but he also had a significant hand in making stars of Kobashi & Misawa, two of the greatest wrestlers of their generation, hell, of all-time. Stan was in a position to do so primarily because of how well he protected himself and his character, and because Baba respected Stan as a straight shooter and an honest businessman. Stan signed on with All Japan for a month-long tour in 1981 and worked for the promotion for 20 years without ever signing another contract, simply because of how much Baba trusted Hansen. But what I respect most about Hansen is that he took his opportunities, carved out a niche for himself in Japan, made his money and got the hell out of wrestling before it destroyed him, like it did to so many of his contemporaries. He mentions in his book how he liked going out to bars with Andre, because Andre would always insist on picking up the tab, while Stan was always saving and scrimping his money, sending it back home. Guess it worked out for him, as he hasn't once needed to return to the ring since he retired over a decade ago.

Hansen > Flair.

I haven't watched nearly enough Hansen in Japan (Japansen) but reading this makes me want to see more. I've enjoyed him, and he could get some awesome heat back then - but I need more. MORE.

I did like Luke Gallows going over there and doing Hansen Lite for what it was worth, but he doesn't hold a candle to the Lariato King.

Will you look at how the retired guy is taking a backseat on the cover of the new 2012 program.

That's how you put over the talent. WWE knows how it's done.

Well it's not like SD has a number 2 guy to stand alongside Sheamus? Well except maybe Orton, this must be his long awaited punishment for the wellness policy violation.

Welcome back Keyser, you've missed pretty much nothing.

strobogo

Banned
I'd say that nothing Flair did with TNA was any worse than anything he did from late 98-2001 in WCW or anything in WWE post-Evolution and HHH feud.

Remember him being beating and literally left for dead in the desert? Or that crazy beatdown from the nWo that went on for 20 minutes (and filmed via multiple helicopters) where he came back by hitch hiking a ride in a truck and the announcers didn't get to see any of the beatdown footage, so they saw him all disheveled and crazy and assumed he was drunk?
Remember the feuds with Russo and David Flair? Or the Millionaire's Club? Or Magnificent 7? Or faking two heart attacks? Or anything that involved Hulk Hogan?

Remember him jobbing to Rico and the Spirit Squad? Or being talked down by everyone as an old washed up loser..and usually proving them right? Flair's legacy was pretty well shot well before TNA. The retirement angle really improved it dramatically, though. The Hulkamania tour was harder on both his and Hogan's legacies than TNA, I think. Crazy Flair in his wheelchair was GOLD.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say that nothing Flair did with TNA was any worse than anything he did from late 98-2001 in WCW or anything in WWE post-Evolution and HHH feud.

Remember him being beating and literally left for dead in the desert? Or that crazy beatdown from the nWo that went on for 20 minutes (and filmed via multiple helicopters) where he came back by hitch hiking a ride in a truck and the announcers didn't get to see any of the beatdown footage, so they saw him all disheveled and crazy and assumed he was drunk?
Remember the feuds with Russo and David Flair? Or the Millionaire's Club? Or Magnificent 7? Or faking two heart attacks? Or anything that involved Hulk Hogan?

Remember him jobbing to Rico and the Spirit Squad? Or being talked down by everyone as an old washed up loser..and usually proving them right? Flair's legacy was pretty well shot well before TNA. The retirement angle really improved it dramatically, though. The Hulkamania tour was harder on both his and Hogan's legacies than TNA, I think. Crazy Flair in his wheelchair was GOLD.

You present a compelling argument...one I'm afraid to agree with because late WCW was actually perfect (...) but...I remember that desert segment. I had blocked it out of my brain.

What the hell were they THINKING? :|

Wheelchair flair is amazing.

Jobbing to Rico was just a gateway to Evolution though right? I don't think Flair's legacy has been tainted, just adds to another chapter in his career. I'd argue some of his best work was in TNA.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but now it's come out that WWE Diva Cameron tried to bribe police with $10,000 after she was in custody to "let her go because she could lose her job".

All this coupled with the fact she didn't list WWE as her work on her documents (she said she was a sales associate at Wells Fargo, which is untrue) and the fact she confronted Steve Austin backstage at Summerslam over being the first one he cut on Tough Enough yet being the first one to make the main roster? She's probably done.

She was told to stay home and miss the current Australian tour the Raw group is on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this was posted yet, but now it's come out that WWE Diva Cameron tried to bribe police with $10,000 after she was in custody to "let her go because she could lose her job".

All this coupled with the fact she didn't list WWE as her work on her documents (she said she was a sales associate at Wells Fargo, which is untrue) and the fact she confronted Steve Austin backstage at Summerslam over being the first one he cut on Tough Enough yet being the first one to make the main roster? She's probably done.

She was told to stay home and miss the current Australian tour the Raw group is on.

Not a surprise in the least.

Ithil

Do they have someone to replace her?

Aiii

So not worth it
and the fact she confronted Steve Austin backstage at Summerslam over being the first one he cut on Tough Enough yet being the first one to make the main roster? She's probably done.

That one, at the very least, is dirt sheet bs. It was said jokingly at the THQ WWE '13 panel. Austin laughed and Cameron said Austin told her she'd make it in the WWE and there she was.

Top Bottom